• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Has Gone Gold

jacobs34

I really look forward to playing this. A 6-10 hour Uncharted experience sounds like just the thing to shake me out of my summer gaming doldrums.

I mean if you're just going to assume that all these people joined the mercenary group out of their own free will, sure. I'm sure none of them of them were kidnapped as children or had their families threatened to be forced to fight for the group.

Besides that, Nathan's actions in Uncharted 2, 3, and 4 cause innocents to have their lives put into danger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdpulvJSdUk
https://youtu.be/rYnSuXOht2I?t=7m59s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XX8ZC4xCFY

It's a fight he didn't have to participate in, he chose to go kill people and then loot treasures for himself because he was bored of a normal life. And there are no consequences for any of his actions.

Holy shit. I don't know if you think you're being clever or some deep thinker...but you're not. You're actually embarrassing yourself. Truly some of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on GAF.

Love the Uncharted games, I'm ready for more.

I see the Uncharted haters are out in force again. To say they hate it so much, they sure do spend a lot of time talking about it, every time an Uncharted thread pops up, so sad lol.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
For some reason I feel this might be ND lowest rated game in a long game. Like middle 80s. Great in general but lower than what you'd expect from ND.

I can see it landing close enough to Drakes Fortune. Either way, going by this thread, the review thread is going to be embarrassing. It's amazing how two people can completely shit up a thread.

Fisty

For some reason I feel this might be ND lowest rated game in a long game. Like middle 80s. Great in general but lower than what you'd expect from ND.

Not a chance, two of the most badass ladies in gaming going on a treasure hunt and punching the shit out of dudes... with ND graphics and gameplay? This will be a 90 minimum

Shredderi

I don't see a lot of talk and excitement for this, compared to past games in the series. One friend who has bought and platinumed every Uncharted game just said that he's propably not getting this. No specific reason, just can't muster excitement for it and thus has no motivation to play it. Haven't heard any other friends talking about or even mentioning the game either.

Not a chance, two of the most badass ladies in gaming going on a treasure hunt and punching the shit out of dudes... with ND graphics and gameplay? This will be a 90 minimum

Agreed, with everything they learned from U4, a shorter game with tighter pacing could actually make this one of the best Uncharted games.

Graphically it's looking top quality, voice acting is on point and the story looks interesting, so it should be a great action adventure game. I can't see it scoring poorly tbh.

I can see it scoring 8's and 9's, maybe the odd 10 aswell, like Uncharted 4 did.

Floody

Did they just create 1/3 of Uncharted 4 in a single year?

I'd imagine most of the assets and ideas where there from the Uncharted 4 development, so not anywhere near as much to do as starting from scratch like they did with 4 (possibly twice).

labx

Banned
The level of discourse in this thread has gone into the fucking shitter.

The rant about atrocities against imaginary mercs and locals commited by fictional white people in a godamn videogame is the most mind boggling shit I have read on this forum.

100% post. Quantumbro posts are a bit if a stretch and bait. It seems that this bro is the kind of bro that wants to make a deal of everything.

I'm very happy for ND, August is going to be a fun month.

tmac456

The amount of shit posting in this thread is truly incredible. Kinda surprised to not see some banned posters lol

Anyway, this is a day 1 purchase for me

I don't see a lot of talk and excitement for this, compared to past games in the series. One friend who has bought and platinumed every Uncharted game just said that he's propably not getting this. No specific reason, just can't muster excitement for it and thus has no motivation to play it. Haven't heard any other friends talking about or even mentioning the game either.

i'd imagine the excitement for tlou: left behind did not match the excitement for tlou2's announcement

i'd imagine the excitement for tlou: left behind did not match the excitement for tlou2's announcement
Right, DLC obviously isn't going to be anywhere near as exciting as a full scale release and that is fine. Lost Legacy isn't going to have the same expectations as UC4. They increased the scale and made this a standalone release but it is still essentially an expansion for UC4.

Zukkoyaki

I'd imagine a combination of the following reasons

- Started off as a more traditional DLC and was initially marketed as such. It wasn't until the proper reveal at PSX that it was revealed to have become something bigger
- It's not a new main entry
- Uncharted 4 wrapped up things quite nicely
- The Fall is crazy packed with huge games
- Could just be the internet bubble. Hard to say

Shredderi

I'd imagine a combination of the following reasons

- Started off as a more traditional DLC and was initially marketed as such. It wasn't until the proper reveal at PSX that it was revealed to have become something bigger
- It's not a new main entry
- Uncharted 4 wrapped up things quite nicely
- The Fall is crazy packed with huge games
- Could just be the internet bubble. Hard to say

Yeah, we'll just have to see, but I suspect it will pull some decent numbers.

ron_bato

Congratulations to ND! Really glad to have Chloe back (#TeamChloe), so I'm hoping we get her updated model in the game's multiplayer.

Melchiah

People are blinded by the nostalgic Naughty 'Gods' they were once known for (when they made actual good games) here they'll praise anything ND shits out

Personally, I have no nostalgia for their PS1/2 games. They just weren't to my taste. TLOU was actually the first ND game I bought and enjoyed, which lead me to play UC2+3 as well. I also enjoyed UC4 more than its predecessors. It gave me just what I had wanted, emphasis on adventure instead of action. Hopefully the DLC will be the same way.

FingerBang

I can't say I'm excited for this title (Uncharted 4 was just magnificent, and the ending was so satisfying it didn't leave wanting for more) but it's a day one purchase for me, like any other Naughty Dog product.

autoduelist

The rant about atrocities against imaginary mercs and locals commited by fictional white people in a godamn videogame is the most mind boggling shit I have read on this forum.

I wish it was the most mind boggling shit I've read on this forum. People like to get worked up about fiction and pixels.

I'm really looking forward to this. I wasn't expecting to pick it up day one but I ended up having just enough credit to cover it. Can't turn down Uncharted.

kpaadet

It still amuses me how Naughty Dog made a big deal about how 4 being their last Uncharted game but then accidently made another. I love them.
ND always said it would be Drakes last adventure not the last Uncharted. Also this DLC was planned for quite a while, just because it became so large they turned it into a stand alone release is just an extra bonus.

this is GAF, if your opinion is different than the majority, they will turn against you, especially if that game was a Sony exclusive

sometimes when i post my opinion about a certain game, they call me a troll because my opinion is different than theirs, or they say my post is stupid or a joke

for the record, i agree 100% with you, ND should never have mixed TLOU and Uncharted series

Holy moly! You agree with him! Time to change my opinion, I guess. For the record, I found the three first ones Meh, but loved the fourth chapter to death. Yeah, I know, I am going against your infallible judgement, but still,,,

And here to a thread about a yet to be released Uncharted DLC that gets derailed by the usual suspects. I am shocked!

Melchiah

this is GAF, if your opinion is different than the majority, they will turn against you, especially if that game was a Sony exclusive

sometimes when i post my opinion about a certain game, they call me a troll because my opinion is different than theirs, or they say my post is stupid or a joke

for the record, i agree 100% with you, ND should never have mixed TLOU and Uncharted series

People tend to turn against you, if you claim they're lying about liking a game, and that the only honest opinion is not liking it.

Top Bottom