• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Has Gone Gold

ND always said it would be Drakes last adventure not the last Uncharted. Also this DLC was planned for quite a while, just because it became so large they turned it into a stand alone release is just an extra bonus.

Just goes to show how huge this studio's ambition constantly is. They just came from a long development cycle of Uncharted 4, are focusing their attention on The Last of Us 2 but they decided to please the fans with SP DLC that turns out to be around 8-10 hours.

Of all the companies that Sony made an exclusive deal with, Naughty Dog must be on #1

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
People tend to turn against you, if you claim they're lying about liking a game, and that the only honest opinion is not liking it.

As far as I can tell, the two most common defenses for shit-posting are:

A) It's just my opinion.
B) GAF has a biased hivemind.

And they were trotted out in this thread like clockwork.

Just goes to show how huge this studio's ambition constantly is. They just came from a long development cycle of Uncharted 4, are focusing their attention on The Last of Us 2 but they decided to please the fans with SP DLC that turns out to be around 8-10 hours.

Of all the companies that Sony made an exclusive deal with, Naughty Dog must be on #1

I would completely agree and would add the fact that they honored the original lower DLC price as well. They could have just as easily offered refunds. GAF doesn't have a bias for ND, but they are highly thought of here and situations like this are the reason why

Melchiah

As far as I can tell, the two most common defenses for shit-posting are:

A) It's just my opinion.
B) GAF has a biased hivemind.

And they were trotted out in this thread like clockwork.

I would completely agree and would add the fact that they honored the original lower DLC price as well. They could have just as easily offered refunds. GAF doesn't have a bias for ND, but they are highly thought of here and situations like this are the reason why

Agreed. It seems to be a common practise to downplay different points of view as well.

Not ot mention, that the 8-10 hour DLC is still given to those who bought the special digital edition, despite of its length and price.

However, I don't keep ND in that high regard these days, since they removed supersampling from TLOU, and effectively stripped away the most significant visual benefit from all 1080p Pro users.

Agree with this.
ND are the crown jewel of Sony first party; insanely talented whilst busting their asses to the limit (their crunch phases are infamous)

A rare and potent mix in this industry imo

Dynasty

I'm hoping they have supernatural enemies, I really want a Uncharted game where the Supernatural enemies are good and fun to fight. I kind of think they took the easy way out with Uncharted 4 by having no supernatural enemies. This hurt the game from a enemy variety aspect, where in late games they just chucked brutes and armoured enemies at you.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm hoping they have supernatural enemies, I really want a Uncharted game where the Supernatural enemies are good and fun to fight. I kind of think they took the easy way out with Uncharted 4 by having no supernatural enemies. This hurt the game from a enemy variety aspect, where in late games they just chucked brutes and armoured enemies at you.

I was actually fine with that, as it was starting to become a bit formulaic how supernatural enemies would show up for the final quarter of each game. They were really only interesting in the first game anyway, in UC2 and 3 they were just bullet sponges (Even though they technically weren't supernatural in UC3).

RocknRola

Wow, this thread took quite some turns out of the blue lol

Can't wait for it. One last Uncharted hurrah by ND to close their saga AND with two cool characters on their own right too!

What a ride it's been! That ending in Uncharted 4 is still the damn definition of "feels". Hope Chloe and Nadine give us an adventure for the ages :)

ty_hot

Preordered Horiozn back in January, now preordered Uncharted and will likely pre order GT Sport as well. 3 launch day buys per year are more than enough for me, besides all the PSN promotions that drain my wallet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I don't lean in a particular direction in that regard, but it would have been neat to battle it out with pirate ghosts in A Thief's End. I wonder if Hennig's vision for the game included a supernatural element.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Oh boy, Here i go climbing again

tumblr_inline_op2lz0cxPc1sevxda_540.gif

Lady Gaia

UC4 honestly has the weakest hdr for me, the colors so toned down compared to the original

I don't get this. The use of HDR was often subtle but it had no detrimental effect on the color palette at all. It's often the case that HDR TVs can be miscalibrated to use the full wide color gamut when displaying the legacy HD Rec.709 color space, but that's a matter of oversaturating non-HDR colors. Perhaps that's what you were seeing? In particular, on KS8000 displays I've seen a ton of posters here using Native as their color space setting when it should be Auto.

MAX PAYMENT

I wonder how many times we will hold a board for a partner to go through for an awkwardly long time while the next area loads.

Markitron

I don't get this. The use of HDR was often subtle but it had no detrimental effect on the color palette at all. It's often the case that HDR TVs can be miscalibrated to use the full wide color gamut when displaying the legacy HD Rec.709 color space, but that's a matter of oversaturating non-HDR colors. Perhaps that's what you were seeing? In particular, on KS8000 displays I've seen a ton of posters here using Native as their color space setting when it should be Auto.

I'll echo this. HDR in UC4 is fantastic, but it doesn't jump out at you the way it does in other games/movies. The expanded colour pallet gives the textures more detail and makes everything look more natural. Turning off the HDR after playing for a while makes the difference clear, everything looks horribly over-saturated like the TV display mode is set to vivid. IMO the scene where Drake and Sam first reach the settlement in Libertalia is the best place to notice it.

I don't have a KS8000 though, mine is a Sony.

autoduelist

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Debate: Great? Or hate? Will ND replicate the death rate sans Nate?

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| More climbing sections, please.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Elena who?

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Sully my pants

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| I admit it, I miss Nate's arse.

Last game featuring Nathan Drake. Subtle difference.

Also - wtf is happening in this thread?

I bet we see Nate again in his own game. Don't believe the lies.

FelipeMGM

I don't see a lot of talk and excitement for this, compared to past games in the series. One friend who has bought and platinumed every Uncharted game just said that he's propably not getting this. No specific reason, just can't muster excitement for it and thus has no motivation to play it. Haven't heard any other friends talking about or even mentioning the game either.

yeah, I think most people are sleeping on it pre-release, most prob still think this is just DLC. Which I guess is fair since that was how it was first intrudoced even before U4 release. It might change when reviews are out and copies are on stores

And even if this doesnt sell that highly, my guess is that Sony doesnt have huge expectations on it since it was roughly a 12 month project

Briarios

I wasn't going to pre-order until I found out you get Jak & Daxter The Precursor Legacy for free ... two games at the GCU discounted price of $32 is totally worth it to me. I can't believe I didn't hear about that pre-order bonus.

Ricky_R

Last game featuring Nathan Drake. Subtle difference.

Also - wtf is happening in this thread?

They meant Uncharted as a series.

Anyway, this was DLC already planned that turned into a proper game. Also, they recently said they there's still interest in the franchise, so whatever they said before needs to be discarted for the time being.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Wow, I missed this thread. Seriously can't wait for this. DLC to one of the best games of all time that ended up basically becoming a full new game on its own? Yeah, that's a day one purchase.

And oh boy, did this thread have some interesting posters.

ZeoVGM

Banned
There has to be a scientific study about the drama that surrounds modern Naughty Dog games.

There's no drama. It's just an incredibly small number of people who get angry on message boards. In reality, their games are consistently beloved and acclaimed.

DigSCCP

Im so ready for this.
Gotta a lil upset that I was broke when they announced that it would be out of the Season Pass when I couldnt buy it...then the Jak Legacy announcement came and I was happy that I havent bought either the Season Pass or Jak Trilogy for Vita.
Bring it on ND my pre order is ready.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Guys, did people get the season pass if they purchased the physical special or collector's edition or was it just the digital $80 edition?

I'm looking forward to it. Probably won't play it immediately after I buy it day one since I'm trying to play all the Uncharted games before playing this one. I keep getting sidetracked though with other games!

Neith

Banned
Man, that's honestly kind of nonsense that only digital purchasers got that.

I mean, especially with that $150 version. Come on.

It really is, but I got the digital as I am no more physical for gaming as I find it useless for me. I already have shelves for films, books, and music and don't need any more for games.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It really is, but I got the digital as I am no more physical for gaming as I find it useless for me. I already have shelves for films, books, and music and don't need any more for games.

I'm 95% physical only as I want to actually own my games. The other 5% is in the case of a game only being a digital download or if there's some crazy deal where I get an expensive game for free. (This would be one of those cases.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting it day one. But it's bad form to have an $80 digital version come with the future DLC but not an $80 physical version (and it's especially ridiculous not to include it with a $150 physical version).

Top Bottom