• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield has gone GOLD! Preloads begin Aug 17 for Xbox X|S and Windows PC. Steam Preload is on Aug 30

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
You could always get the official Starfield skateboard instead.

It's nothing compared to the Doom deck, unfortunately.

knguyen

So they can show their loyal fans how well the game runs the Xboxes and various pc configurations. You know people spend hundred of dollars and even buy new consoles for this game. All they did was showing half ass gameplays and developers in the background telling you "amazing things" you can do in the game.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
So they can show their loyal fans how well the game runs the Xboxes and various pc configurations. You know people spend hundred of dollars and even buy new consoles for this game. All they did was showing half ass gameplays and developers in the background telling you "amazing things" you can do in the game.

so if they show you one hour gameplay, it automagically shows you how it runs on ‘various PC configurations’? You think they’ll run a test bench with 10 GPUs and CPUs?

People will be playing it early release. Anyone who is on the fence can wait for impressions from that before spending any money.

MMaRsu

Banned
Theres reviews for a reason little one.

knguyen

so if they show you one hour gameplay, it automagically shows you how it runs on ‘various PC configurations’? You think they’ll run a test bench with 10 GPUs and CPUs?

People will be playing it early release. Anyone who is on the fence can wait for impressions from that before spending any money.
After cyberpunk, we should learn that when a company behave this way, it won't be pretty for people who got in early. That's what I am saying.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Has there been any previews or actual hands on with this game? I haven't seen anything other than Bethesda B Rolls, for such a massively hyped game i would've expected to see a lot more demos

splattered

Read these comments. What is wrong with people?

Which comments do you have a problem with? If it's about IGN conveniently leaving out "Xbox" from the headline then I don't necessarily disagree with them. It would be like if Spiderman 2 came out on PC same day and IGNorant stated "Some players can preload Spiderman w as early as tomorrow" ... Clickbaity garbage

Ozriel

M$FT
After cyberpunk, we should learn that when a company behave this way, it won't be pretty for people who got in early. That's what I am saying.

“Behave this way” by not releasing 1 hour long gameplay videos 2 weeks to launch, or benchmarking their game across tens of PC combinations?

How many AAA games post Cyberpunk have done this?

Feel free to sit the launch out, if you want. If you plan to buy this game day one, you’ll have impressions from over a million people playing on early release.

Topher

Gold Member
Which comments do you have a problem with? If it's about IGN conveniently leaving out "Xbox" from the headline then I don't necessarily disagree with them. It would be like if Spiderman 2 came out on PC same day and IGNorant stated "Some players can preload Spiderman w as early as tomorrow" ... Clickbaity garbage

It is somewhat clickbaity, I'll give you that, since they want you to click the link and find out who "some" is referring to. Fairly typical news outlet stuff. But most are not complaining about it being clickbait. They are complaining because of this notion that IGN won't say "Xbox". That's just paranoid twitter nonsense.

splattered

It is somewhat clickbaity, I'll give you that, since they want you to click the link and find out who "some" is referring to. Fairly typical news outlet stuff. But most are not complaining about it being clickbait. They are complaining because of this notion that IGN won't say "Xbox". That's just paranoid twitter nonsense.
Twitter Xbox folks have long said IGN is biased against Xbox, that's nothing new. Hell wasn't there a recent IGN editor that posted an article trashing MS/Xbox over the Activision acquisition? I'm getting old maybe remembering wrong I dunno haha

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I was afraid to venture into the comments afraid of potential major spoilers which I saw one (which I hope he just made up) watching a guy stream World of Tanks last night

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Has there been any previews or actual hands on with this game? I haven't seen anything other than Bethesda B Rolls, for such a massively hyped game i would've expected to see a lot more demos
Reviewers will soon or have the game already, so you'll have plenty to go on before launch. Let's be honest the game looks phenomenal and will almost certainly be in the discussion for GOTY, I prefer to go in knowing as little as possible.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Twitter Xbox folks have long said IGN is biased against Xbox, that's nothing new. Hell wasn't there a recent IGN editor that posted an article trashing MS/Xbox over the Activision acquisition? I'm getting old maybe remembering wrong I dunno haha

Yeah, but if the basis of calling IGN "biased against Xbox" by these Twitter Xbox folks is stuff like a clickbait tweet then it obviously doesn't take much for them to call anything biased. This is the same IGN that employs Ryan McCaffrey and Destin Legarie who actively promote Xbox as much as any journalist promotes any platform. This is just twitter being twitter.

And that's what Bethesda want regarding people's knowledge into this games performance. Maximum the preorder number and the numbers of gamepass subs are all they care about ATM.
Your gonna have to start naming the games that have done this before release.

It’d be nice if that was the case. It’s just not feasible to expect an analysis of 10 different configurations before the game releases.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
In a world where they employ Ryan McCaffrey and Destin who get most of their (IGN) limelight and a pretty much an extension of MS PR on social media... what the fuck crack are they smoking?

Last edited:
I've only bought a couple of games on Windows Store but am considering it because we also have a Series X.

Are games purchased through Windows able to be modded as easily as Steam versions? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Yep, it's downloading (122 GB), the Artbook and Soundtrack too (15GB).

JiPml0i.png

Look like it only downloads the local language files + English to make it smaller.
EDIT : no Nvidia DLLs :(
EDIT2 : Artbook and Soundtrack is a Unity app, it contains the Soundtrack in MP3 format, 753 MB for 79 files (titles are visible on file names). Nothing is readable yet of course.
EDIT3 : there may be some spoilery file names in the .bnk movies folder

Last edited:

Hugare

Playing a Bethesda game of this size for ~ $6 dollars (local currency) at launch is nuts

Thanks Phill

Will wait a little longer to download it. Will try to finish BG 3 so I can clear space.

Stafford

Wonder if between now and embargo we see some reports here and there telling how they are liking it, would surprise me if not a soul "leaks" anything in terms of impressions.

Buggy Loop

There’s physical copies right? Gonna leak all over when game stores receive them, like always..

I’m just crossing my fingers they don’t fuck up the PC port.

I’m not even finished with act 1 of BG3… and I have Armored Core 6 also preordered, I’m fucked

Top Bottom