• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield has gone GOLD! Preloads begin Aug 17 for Xbox X|S and Windows PC. Steam Preload is on Aug 30

Ozriel

M$FT
And that's what Bethesda want regarding people's knowledge into this games performance. Maximum the preorder number and the numbers of gamepass subs are all they care about ATM.

…and then the news of the pre-release review embargo just showed up to brutally crush this theory.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Ozriel

M$FT
I was being sarcastic

I don’t think timing of review embargoes means anything at all lol

Got the sarcasm 😀

As for the other bit? For consumers? Sure, it does. Gives you time to cancel your (pre)order if the game turns out to be shite.

Imagine if you had a $70 preorder in place for Redfall and then reviews show up after you lost the ability to cancel…

With all the talk about performance and potential launch bug issues for Starfield, pre-launch preorders should certainly be important.

KXVXII9X

I'm very excited! This is the game I have been the most critical of that also has me really excited at the same time. Since it is on GamePass it is easier to give it a try at least. For a game of this scope, I will not be surprised if there are a lot of bugs at launch. My only real concern is how repetitive will it end up being and is the game worlds dynamic enough to where my choices and actions effect things. I also hope NPC also have their own routines and motivations and aren't just robotic props that only act when I initiate anything. I also may need more structure and narrative than what No Man's Sky gives me.

Topher

Gold Member
Since review copies are going out this week (likely already out) there should be some early impressions out there during the next week before the EA launch on 8/31

I seriously doubt Bethesda is letting any reviewer talk about the game before the embargo ends.

Fredrik

Holy crap console wars on X/Twitter is so toxic now, the gloating among the Xbox fans, the concern among PS fans, I get exhausted just scrolling through it all.
I hope the PC version is amazing, feels like a safe zone from all the warring, unless there is a Steam versus Microsoft Store war starting too 😓

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Holy crap console wars on X/Twitter is so toxic now, the gloating among the Xbox fans, the concern among PS fans, I get exhausted just scrolling it all.
I hope the PC version is amazing, feels like a safe zone from all the warring, unless there is a Steam versus Microsoft Store war starting too 😓

Staying far away from Twitter if I can help it. The shit is really bad there from both sides.

Mercador

Based on what
Solely on experience. Don't get me wrong, I wish that we got something Skyrim-level and I'll be the #1 fan if it's the case. But at the same time, even when I remove F76 of the equation, Fallout 4 wasn't Skyrim either. I expect a lot of performance issues and people will be p1ssed off. The lack of marketing is concerning as well. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Fredrik

Staying far away from Twitter if I can help it. The shit is really bad there from both sides.
It’s everywhere tbh but Twitter is extreme, some frequent posters literally do nothing but post war fuel.

It’s cool to see that the hype is truly ramping up now though, there is lots of excitement and lots of talk.

Waiting is horrible though. Two more weeks!

MMaRsu

Banned
Solely on experience. Don't get me wrong, I wish that we got something Skyrim-level and I'll be the #1 fan if it's the case. But at the same time, even when I remove F76 of the equation, Fallout 4 wasn't Skyrim either. I expect a lot of performance issues and people will be p1ssed off. The lack of marketing is concerning as well. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

And they have acknowledged multiple times that FO4 was maybe not their best game. Or at least have let that shine through in conversations about dialogue etc..

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
117GB download from gamepass, I thought it was supposed to be 140?

I smell a controversy. We can squeeze out another 2 weeks.

Wonder what got cut last minute?
The Store page says 139 GB, I think that's the total package size, but when you install it it only installs the required languages.
Looks like it's 117 for English only, and 122 for French (as it contains English too).

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The Store page says 139 GB, I think that's the total package size, but when you install it it only install the required languages.
Looks like it's 117 for English only, and 122 for French (as it contains English too).
That makes sense. I do see that on a lot of larger games.

Top Bottom