• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield has gone GOLD! Preloads begin Aug 17 for Xbox X|S and Windows PC. Steam Preload is on Aug 30

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

Neverforget

Wow, Starfield went gold, just like Cyperpunk did. Red flag if I've ever seen one.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I will...will this game to be bug free.

Just trust me, I know my bad for not doing the same for Cyberpunk. This time it will work for sure.

Stafford

There's new details out there now, I saw the tweet by shinobi602, but I'm staying away. The Direct showed more than enough, and Todd's interview with Xcast even more. I want anything else to remain fresh, mysterious.

Zathalus

Nah, we’ll move on to the next thing in about a months time just like all the other GOTY titles

Starfield ain’t built different
I still haven't moved on from Morrowind. A good Bethesda game with mod support is really not like other games when it comes to longevity. I can reinstall say Oblivion today, throw in the top 200 mods and have a RPG experience that is still amazing.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I ordered one off best buy a week ago. I don't think they're especially rare compared to the usual scalper bait items.

Unfortunately im not in the US anymore even in Australia I could get most without fast buying but now alot of these controllers are actually quite limited for me now.
My collection is still growing, but I have to make sure I actually have money to game, upgrade my PC, pay rent, eat(girl pays) instead of just collecting controllers.

I think you will see me in every single custom controller thread cuz I just need to see them whether they are worth the price of admission, MS and Sony shadow drop these things so randomly and every now and then they show me something i must have but ive already spent...........help me.

chappelles-show-dave-chappelle.gif

help-me-im-poor-bridesmaids.gif

Stafford

I haven't bought the upgrade to play early. Other than OST, artbook, what else is there? A extra skin or quest?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I haven't bought the upgrade to play early. Other than OST, artbook, what else is there? A extra skin or quest?
It's basically buying the expansion. That's all you should think about. The early access is nothing.

So far, I'm not sold on it. I don't usually play DLC after I put a game down. And I don't know if I need the game a few days early. We'll see.

Kirkio

Sold my Series X back in May as i just wasn't even switching it on, starting to regret that decision the closer it gets to release... Is xcloud any good on the Samsung tv app? I still have 2 years of gamepass, or am going to have to re buy a series X if this turns out amazing

clarky

Gold Member
Just been playing a bit of Spiderman in fidelity mode in prep for 2(long story )and im a lot less concerned about 30fps in this if implemented as well as it is in that title.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Sold my Series X back in May as i just wasn't even switching it on, starting to regret that decision the closer it gets to release... Is xcloud any good on the Samsung tv app? I still have 2 years of gamepass, or am going to have to re buy a series X if this turns out amazing
No PC I assume? If it's within your means, might be a good time to invest in a PC.

Kirkio

No PC I assume? If it's within your means, might be a good time to invest in a PC.
No PC, I have been thinking about getting one but my gaming sessions are quite short at the moment (3 year old with another on the way) so I like to be comfortably laid down whilst playing ha. Also the room I would put one in is likely going to be used as a bedroom soon. Being a responsible adult is lame

Stafford

It's basically buying the expansion. That's all you should think about. The early access is nothing.

So far, I'm not sold on it. I don't usually play DLC after I put a game down. And I don't know if I need the game a few days early. We'll see.

Ooh, I see, so nothing like a extra cool quest that we'll be missing out if we just wait for the September 6 release? Whenever the expansion comes, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. It's probably gonna be very worth it, but that's of no importance now.

Just been playing a bit of Spiderman in fidelity mode in prep for 2(long story )and im a lot less concerned about 30fps in this if implemented as well as it is in that title.

Or RDR2. The 30fps is great there. It doesn't have the horrible judders that AC Valhalla has in the quality mode. Apparently Starfield makes us of per object motion blur and DF was excited about that. It's not gonna be super great in first person probably, but third person much better. Good thing third person looks really good judging by the footage.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Ooh, I see, so nothing like a extra cool quest that we'll be missing out if we just wait for the September 6 release? Whenever the expansion comes, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. It's probably gonna be very worth it, but that's of no importance now.
I think there's some minor pre-order bonus content for the regular edition. Some Mars shit. Seems super minor. Not related to the expansion.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This could so easily end up being the next CP2077.
But I’m cautiously optimistic it won’t.
Next question is when is the embargo up.
Not sure anyone will ever fuck up as bad as they did haha, pretty sure they train people how to not do this

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
That first feeling when you lift off and go into space, only to crash-land on some remote, hostile planet and getting eaten alive by vicious alien lifeforms, is gonna be glorious. I'm ready for take off.

It's what we hoped for in Starfield but not what we will get. These transitions are all on rails, so as a gamer you have no control over the ship outside some space battles. If you want that feeling, then you need to play games like Star Citizen or ED.

Last edited:
Top Bottom