• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Has Gone Gold

Maybe ND could patch Uncharted 4 adding a screen after credits saying that "no locals have died during the course of the adventure".

This thread...
0wXUIRL.gif

The game I'm most looking forward to in the latter half of 2017. I can't wait. I bet you it's UC4 with more story and less combat, which is totally the direction I want ND to go. If it turns out half as good as it looks, I'm positive it will be in my top 3 for the year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I mean if you're just going to assume that all these people joined the mercenary group out of their own free will, sure. I'm sure none of them of them were kidnapped as children or had their families threatened to be forced to fight for the group.

Besides that, Nathan's actions in Uncharted 2, 3, and 4 cause innocents to have their lives put into danger.

It's a fight he didn't have to participate in, he chose to go kill people and then loot treasures for himself because he was bored of a normal life. And there are no consequences for any of his actions.

maxresdefault.jpg

Uncharted is a series about white people invading foreign lands, killing 1000's of locals, and stealing their treasures for personal gain. I can't wait to see what new imperialist techniques they have in this one.[/QUOTE

Oh boy, this is pure comedy!

On topic: In my country if you preorder, you receive the Jack and Daxter digital copy + Transformers: Dark of the Moon (lol) blu ray.

The level of discourse in this thread has gone into the fucking shitter.

The rant about atrocities against imaginary mercs and locals commited by fictional white people in a godamn videogame is the most mind boggling shit I have read on this forum.

Servbot24

Banned
Has Drake ever killed a local? I don't remember UC1 and the Vita game that well, but he doesn't in 2, 3 or 4. Maybe some of the mercenaries hired to murder Drake were found locally, but that would be speculation. Doesn't steal their treasure either.

People always gotta have their hot takes and desperately try to let everyone know they're woke

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Has Drake ever killed a local? I don't remember UC1 and the Vita game that well, but he doesn't in 2, 3 or 4. Maybe some of the mercenaries hired to murder Drake were found locally. Doesn't steal their treasure either.

Eddy Raja was an innocent bystander!

jacobeid

Banned
Has Drake ever killed a local? I don't remember UC1 and the Vita game that well, but he doesn't in 2, 3 or 4. Maybe some of the mercenaries hired to murder Drake were found locally, but that would be speculation. Doesn't steal their treasure either.

People always gotta have their hot takes and desperately try to let everyone know they're woke

EDDIE IS INNOCENT I TELL YOU.

Gahhhhhhh beaten.

Frostman

Sooooooooo......

Do you reckon we will get better PS4PRO support with TLL?

UC4 was Native 1440p, but this game in 2160pCB would be eye melting

Electret

Got this preordered, and am ready day 1. UC4 is my GOTG, so I can't wait for this.

Oh, and when anyone claims it's only Xbox threads that get shit up, trolled, and derailed, they should be linked to this thread. What the fuck, seriously?

Sooooooooo......

Do you reckon we will get better PS4PRO support with TLL?

UC4 was Native 1440p, but this game in 2160pCB would be eye melting

Don't think so. I can't remember which outlet reported it, but it was said this is 1440p just like UC4. A little disappointing.

I mean if you're just going to assume that all these people joined the mercenary group out of their own free will, sure. I'm sure none of them of them were kidnapped as children or had their families threatened to be forced to fight for the group.

Besides that, Nathan's actions in Uncharted 2, 3, and 4 cause innocents to have their lives put into danger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdpulvJSdUk
https://youtu.be/rYnSuXOht2I?t=7m59s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XX8ZC4xCFY

It's a fight he didn't have to participate in, he chose to go kill people and then loot treasures for himself because he was bored of a normal life. And there are no consequences for any of his actions.

If you're trying to out-Chinner Chinner in the Chinner stakes, then you're doing a remarkable job I must say.

Lady Gaia

I can't wait! This has been my most highly anticipated release of the year following Horizon Zero Dawn, so bring it on. Knowing that some will disapprove and doubt my motives as I enjoy the heck out of a beautifully crafted masterpiece doesn't dampen my enthusiasm in the slightest.

Frostman

Got this preordered, and am ready day 1. UC4 is my GOTG, so I can't wait for this.

Oh, and when anyone claims it's only Xbox threads that get shit up, trolled, and derailed, they should be linked to this thread. What the fuck, seriously?

Don't think so. I can't remember which outlet reported it, but it was said this is 1440p just like UC4. A little disappointing.

Dissapointing, but I've just looked online and have found no confirmation from any outlet on the res used in TLL. Are your sure you wasn't reading speculation in an article?

Either way, we'll find out in the next month!

Fisty

So goddamn glad they didn't just "forget" Chloe, I was so pissed that UC4 practically ignored her existence.

She deserves her own game, and I really hope Cutter stops by for some banter

Grisby

So goddamn glad they didn't just "forget" Chloe, I was so pissed that UC4 practically ignored her existence.

She deserves her own game, and I really hope Cutter stops by for some banter
I seriously thought they were gonna go with Drake's bro and I was hoping they wouldn't. Glad it's Chloe.

I am not understanding the point of this post. Are you trying to say it is just getting hate because it is popular?
the first part of it is a response to people saying "it's just a goddamn video game" - yes it is just a video game but it is very story driven, having you follow the actions and motives of all the characters, and clearly not everyone resonates with with the main character's actions and motives, including myself.

the second part is saying despite all that, the pros of this game outweigh the cons so much that it is still, in my opinion, one of the best games released this generation.

bombshell

People are blinded by the nostalgic Naughty 'Gods' they were once known for (when they made actual good games) here they'll praise anything ND shits out

Here I am lying to myself that Uncharted 4 is my favourite Uncharted game. Can't wait and hopefully it's same style as U4, not just for me but also to piss you off lol

Electret

Dissapointing, but I've just looked online and have found no confirmation from any outlet on the res used in TLL. Are your sure you wasn't reading speculation in an article?

Either way, we'll find out in the next month!

Hmm, strange. I thought I read it from someone with gravitas. Maybe it was a one-off post by dark10x? Regardless, I bet he would have some insight.

I loved Uncharted 4
even though I did not like Uncharted 1, 2 and 3...and yes I beat them but I was bored
so I'm eagerly anticipating this.

Plus the deuteragonists look awesome (I like female leads in games).

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that liked Sam a lot haha. That he was flawed and compelling. And pretty funny!

Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond pleased about Chloe and Nadine and I'm happy that is the direction they took.

Personally I hope we see more of Sam at some point though. Maybe in a Eye of Indra type media spinoff?

Top Bottom