• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield has gone GOLD! Preloads begin Aug 17 for Xbox X|S and Windows PC. Steam Preload is on Aug 30

coffinbirth

Things changed over the last decade.

If anything, gold code for physical is an anomaly these days...unless you're Nintendo, all of their 1st party stuff is sitting in a can for months prior to release.
They can't announce a console two weeks before launch can they?

But damn, I hope they do and that I get one!
Yeah, I dunno...the rumor for a minute now is that it'll be announced there, but that's probably based on the fact that the Halo Infinite LE was announced at 2021 Gamescom, more so than any actual evidence if I had to guess. Others are saying it's an Elite 2 controller...so who knows. Personally, I think it's bizarre that they haven't announced one yet. Surely they wouldn't announce it post-launch for a holiday release?

Vox Machina

Banned
I deleted all those gamepass games I wont play. Gimme that install Bethesda.

SEOAODy.jpg

Ordered a new 2TB M.2 SSD just for Starfield (that's not true, I'll put other things on there as well, but it'll be the first thing on there)!

Mercador

And they have acknowledged multiple times that FO4 was maybe not their best game. Or at least have let that shine through in conversations about dialogue etc..
Man, I would be so happy that the game is at least as good as FO4. It's not the content that I'm worried, it's the performance, even with a new PC.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
And that's what Bethesda want regarding people's knowledge into this games performance. Maximum the preorder number and the numbers of gamepass subs are all they care about ATM.

Review embargo days are big marketing events as well;; all on the same day your product is making (hopefully positive) headlines.

That's the reason reason they exist, so that you get maximum exposure vs. a trickle of reviews coming in over a long period o ftime.

Finished the Series X preload Tonight. Using the 1TB external drive. got 250GB of free space for any updating shenanigans.

Last edited:

IC3M@N FX

Neo Member
I can't wait for the first mods with the theme Ridley Scotts Alien Xenomorph, preferably in a stranded giant freighter on a moon or abandoned space station.
Starfield will be the perfect platform for Alien.
I am very confident that you can make a really dark mod in the direction of Alien Isolation that is a bit more action-heavy.

Last edited:

IC3M@N FX

Neo Member
I mean like more Alien 1979 & Alien Isolation that is a bit more action heavy.
With more darkness, fog and light and shadow effects more survival horror

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What does ’Gold’ even mean these days? There won’t be patches?

That theyve sent the disks to be printed.
Since the whole game is unlikely to actually be on disk, thats not really saying much though.
The whole reason its called going gold is because the blank disks that devs used to use to get the retail copies were literally Gold.

40905744592_bb1e1d2509_b.jpg

s-l1200.jpg

Top Bottom