• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Its just dialogue... But I'll fix it.

sam's appearance
is a huge spoiler

Finished it earlier today.
I love that we got a spiritual successor to the UC2 train set piece on modern hardware--it was absolutely incredible. I may play the next Uncharted adventure on easy though.
Normal difficulty doesn't even allow you to play the game like the blockbuster it is.

Lost Legacy ended up getting an album of its own: http://www.romanmf.com/uncharted-the-lost-legacy
36857652975_96141f384c_h.jpg

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up LiK

also no spoiler tag here. urgh

just got latest sales figures in

#1 in the UK. sold more than UC2 1st week when factoring digital sales

[Week 43, 2009] UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 40,000 / 124,000 (-53%)
[Week 20, 2016] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 42,000 / 234,000 (-78%)

so somewhere in the 40K-under 42k mark. Otherwise, you'd say it sold more than UC4ATE

GG @ND.

Naite

Just finished the game today. While I'm mostly tired of the series as a whole, that last chapter really made it worth sticking with it to the end.

PepperedHam

Have been looking forward to diving into this when I open Twitter and am greeted by a nice old spoiler from (I am not sure if these are end game spoilers or what so I'm spoiler tagging the entire rest of things)
Troy Baker himself. Quote retweeted a fan tweeting at him a scene between Chloe, Nadine, and Sam. I had no fucking clue Sam was in this game and I am sure it has been a nice kept secret for that reason. Super bummed about that.

[Week 43, 2009] UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 40,000 / 124,000 (-53%)
[Week 20, 2016] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 42,000 / 234,000 (-78%)

so somewhere in the 40K-under 42k mark. Otherwise, you'd say it sold more than UC4ATE

GG @ND.

Correct me if I'm wrong, these are all 2nd week sales, hence the percentage drops.

Have been looking forward to diving into this when I open Twitter and am greeted by a nice old spoiler from (I am not sure if these are end game spoilers or what so I'm spoiler tagging the entire rest of things)
Troy Baker himself. Quote retweeted a fan tweeting at him a scene between Chloe, Nadine, and Sam. I had no fucking clue Sam was in this game and I am sure it has been a nice kept secret for that reason. Super bummed about that.

It's not exactly an endgame spoiler, he appears maybe a little bit more than halfway through. Yeah they did keep it a nice secret until the game came out although I wasn't really following this super close like the previous Uncharteds.

BeeDog

Anyway, finished the game yesterday, what a fantastic ride it was especially considering the asking price for it (got it through the Season Pass). The characters were lovely, the villain (despite being paper-thin) was very well-acted, and the combat scenarios was great. As many have already said, the build-up to the bombastic ending set-piece was utterly amazing, probably the best stuff the Uncharted series has delivered. Top stuff.

I finished this last night and I thought it was fantastic. The set pieces are some of the best in the series (
I loved the train in the final chapter
), the voice acting as usual with Naughty Dog games was second to none and I thought Chloe and Nadine really worked well together, I hope we get to see more of them in the future. It really felt like a stand alone game and not DLC as originally planned.

I usually wait a few months before replaying an Uncharted game on a harder difficulty, but I think I might jump straight back in and grab some of the collectibles.

panda-zebra

Banned
Haven't had much time to play yet, but enjoying what I've seen so far and quite pleased that crushing doesn't seem to be as difficulty-spiky or just simply unfair as UC4 (that I gave up on at chapter 20 after starting on crushing, almost put me off buying this tbh).

My young son asked to drive the jeep when he saw me playing, so I left him to it. Checked on him later and found him trying to drive it into the tower. It looked like it would fit but was obviously designed not to allow the front wheels to pass the opening. After much frustration the cheeky little man reversed it instead, getting most of the vehicle in there up to the same invisible blocking point near the front wheels. As he activated the lift and as the door came down it boosted the jeep inside fully and up it went with nadine inside. It despawned at the top, but was worth those few seconds of joy as he completed his mission.

Haven't had much time to play yet, but enjoying what I've seen so far and quite pleased that crushing doesn't seem to be as difficulty-spiky or just simply unfair as UC4 (that I gave up on at chapter 20 after starting on crushing, almost put me off buying this tbh).

My young son asked to drive the jeep when he saw me playing, so I left him to it. Checked on him later and found him trying to drive it into the tower. It looked like it would fit but was obviously designed not to allow the front wheels to pass the opening. After much frustration the cheeky little man reversed it instead, getting most of the vehicle in there up to the same invisible blocking point near the front wheels. As he activated the lift and as the door came down it boosted the jeep inside fully and up it went with nadine inside. It despawned at the top, but was worth those few seconds of joy as he completed his mission.

Your son has a future in QA.

Foxxsoxx

Just finished it. That was awesome, I didn't think Uncharted could work without Drake as the star but here we are.

Super sad they didn't make any multiplayer maps from the areas though, a lot of the arenas looked absolutely stunning.

haha fantastic, that's a great little story, I'm glad he managed it :L

Nadin and Chloe dialogue spoiler:

Chloe: "It was as if Samuel Drake appeared out of thin air."

Translation = Naughty Dog being self aware: "Sorry for the random Sam push."
I didn't take it that way at all, but if you dislike the character I guess you can make it fit any way you like.

Nate literally told no one about Sam after he 'died' so it makes perfect sense that Chloe would feel that way. Also, Naughty Dog was so sorry about his push that they decided to put him in this game, in a significant way?

LiK

I must be weird because I found chapter 4 to be pretty bad. The rest of the game is wonderful though.

Why? It's pretty nice to be able to explore and the optional quests were pretty well done. It goes by quick if you're only doing the required parts.

Finished it this weekend! Loved it!

Much more fun and the open world approach in the main part of the game was a great change from UC4.

In fact I enjoyed it much more than UC4!

Theorymon

So as someone who wasn't a big fan of Uncharted 4's pacing ( though I enjoyed the story), but had a ton of fun with Uncharted 2, where do you folks think this game would fall for me? Thinking about waiting for a sale, but I might pick it up with Mario + Rabbids tomorrow if the pacing is closer to Uncharted 2 than 4.

Same here, Ughh.

LiK

So as someone who wasn't a big fan of Uncharted 4's pacing ( though I enjoyed the story), but had a ton of fun with Uncharted 2, where do you folks think this game would fall for me? Thinking about waiting for a sale, but I might pick it up with Mario + Rabbids tomorrow if the pacing is closer to Uncharted 2 than 4.

If you loved UC2, you'll love LL. No question.

Just finished it in about 9hours.
Best dlc for me ever. Really really high production and enjoyed it every second.
And this games graphics are convincing me that i dont need an xbox one x. A ps4 pro can produce good enough graphics for me on my 1080p.
Its really amazing how good this game looks and plays and feels.
And how amazingly good naughty dog is in creating amazing scenes with alot of emotions in it.
Cant wait to see how the last of us 2 is going te be.
Cant go wrong with naughty dog.

The pacing is sort of a half-way point between 4 and 2 (probably a little closer to 4 imo, but a far more refined method of achieving the results it was striving for). A lot of people who didn't like 4 really like this one though.

shadowy_cheese

Neo Member
Finished this yesterday. I enjoyed my 8hrs with it quite a lot - more so than the time with UC4.

Characters were all generally good. Chloe was already cool, and Nadine was more relatable than in UC4 - probably due to being more fleshed out rather than just a cartoon. Sam was ok, but I would have preferred to have seen Cutter in the tropey role of "douche who does the right thing eventually"

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Not sure if this has been discussed before but what is with the insane prices for some of the loot chests?

If I'm reading the menus correctly some of the weapons are only in the DLC loot chest which are something like 2,000 Relic points.

Is there a faster way to get Relic points other than just playing multiplayer?

BroBot

Finished the game. It's incredible. I just wish Chloe had more outfits. Maybe a Nathan Drake attire and a Savage Starlight shirt. Now I'm sad.

Just finished it.

What a strong ending! I was genuinely sad when the credits were going knowing that it's goodbye to such wonderful characters.

Overall it's definitely not as good as Uncharted 4, but it was still a fantastic experience. Chloe really is a phenomenal character.

Top Bottom