• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

reKon

Banned
I haven't had time to play this as much as I want, but I'm really enjoying it. I like all the exploration stuff in Ch 4. I'm assuming the game gets much better as it progresses?

Also, I made the decision to play on normal just so I have a more fun time. While I could beat hard, I feel that sometimes ND makes too ridiculous when it gets to open fire combat. Not saying that it's too hard (if you use stealth, Uncharted is pretty easy), but it gets tiring when your screen is grey all the time and your limited in doing cool shit. On normal I can pull off more melee combo's.

autoduelist

My only grip with this game is something it inherited from U4 which is the combat. U4 changed the combat a lot from the first 3 games to make it far more aggressive. And on lower difficulties this is fine but they clearly didn't balance this properly for the higher level difficulties. And this makes playing these games and hard/crushing an exercises in frustration. They aren't the good kind of difficult. They are the cheap kind of difficult. Crushing is just bad game design here. But other than that I have no major complaints about this game at all. Pretty much loved every minute of it besides the combat.

Am I the only person who loves Crushing? Crushing has always been difficult in Uncharted games, but that's the point. I want it damn hard. Heck, they even gave people an 'easy' way out for the trophies this time around because you can unlock stuff [I did Crushing for my first playthrough]. Yes, there are reinforcements some times, yes you die fast... but that's the point. It forces me to learn an area, excel at stealth, and know how to get out of a jam fast.

The only time i found it annoying was where the 'checkpoint' included dialog at the beginning
[the APC fight]
... trying multiple times didn't bother me, but the dialog was driving me up a wall.

So I got that
treasure sensing bracelet
in Chapter 4.

Can I go back and replay the game from the start
with it active to find the ones I missed
?

Yes, except for me it did not work in Chapter 4 during Chapter select... it was removed, and I'd have had to get all the tokens again.

For those going for the plat - I did not research anything beforehand, or use any collectible guides for my first playthrough. I like my first game to be 'pure'. That said? I personally recommend that after you clear Chapter 4 [the open area] you use a guide to clean it up. Between not having the above item, and missing something else that was locked behind side quests, it took me quite a bit longer than it should have [
there is an optional photo in the area that needs all tokens, and if you chapter select you need to get every token again... missing this sucked. Also, I was used to using the bracelet for treasures, and missed having it.
]

Just beat this game today. It's f'n outstanding. Great characters, great story, great gameplay, beautiful graphics, it just really had it all. Beat it in 9 hours 20 mins.

Fuck this
helicopter fight
on crushing. It's not fun, it's just frustrating. I spent almost two hours trying this over and over and I still haven't gotten it. UC4 crushing had moments like this too. They could've at least put in more checkpoints considering how aggressive the combat in this game is ... I've gotten the platinum for every UC, but I might be calling it quits here. I'm not having fun anymore.

Does anyone know how many hits it takes? I'm going to try one more time tomorrow, and I was thinking I might just collect all the rockets and keep hiding in the water until I manage to kill it.

Fuck this
helicopter fight
on crushing. It's not fun, it's just frustrating. I spent almost two hours trying this over and over and I still haven't gotten it. UC4 crushing had moments like this too. They could've at least put in more checkpoints considering how aggressive the combat in this game is ... I've gotten the platinum for every UC, but I might be calling it quits here. I'm not having fun anymore.

Does anyone know how many hits it takes? I'm going to try one more time tomorrow, and I was thinking I might just collect all the rockets and keep hiding in the water until I manage to kill it.

you just got to be mindful
that climbing the rope you can still get killed but the checkpoint if you die will mean you will then have enough health to clear the level

MrJTeera

Fuck this
helicopter fight

Stuck on that part for hours too! Keep going and don't give up! BTW here's what I did:

Stealthily collect all the RPGs and C4s (try to trim down some enemies on the way) then sneak underneath the helicopter and stick some C4s on it. After that, unload all the rockets and detonate the bombs, then mash L1 until you hook on to the helicopter. Enemies tend to miss on your climb up. Done!

autoduelist

Fuck this
helicopter fight

if memory serves 3 hits. You need two rpgs from the boxes and one from the guy on the bridge iirc. Get all 3. The easiest place to hit the chopper is to the left of the starting point when it just hovers - you can just swim there, hop up into that half building, take an easy shot, dive in water, come back, hit it, etc. I think for the 3rd hit it won't stop searching though, still an easy hit.

Once it has two hits, if enemy count is low reinforcements come in [from right of span iiirc]

then you need to board it... do it from 2nd floor of house

Use the water!

I think, but can't swear, there is a checkpoint once you grapple the heli, so if you don't clear enemies and die going up, you're okay.

you just got to be mindful
that climbing the rope you can still get killed but the checkpoint if you die will mean you will then have enough health to clear the level

Stuck on that part for hours too! Keep going and don't give up! BTW here's what I did:

Stealthily collect all the RPGs and C4s (try to trim down some enemies on the way) then sneak underneath the helicopter and stick some C4s on it. After that, unload all the rockets and detonate the bombs, then mash L1 until you hook on to the helicopter. Enemies tend to miss on your climb up. Done!

if memory serves 3 hits. You need two rpgs from the boxes and one from the guy on the bridge iirc. Get all 3. The easiest place to hit the chopper is to the left of the starting point when it just hovers - you can just swim there, hop up into that half building, take an easy shot, dive in water, come back, hit it, etc. I think for the 3rd hit it won't stop searching though, still an easy hit.

Once it has two hits, if enemy count is low reinforcements come in [from right of span iiirc]

then you need to board it... do it from 2nd floor of house

Use the water!

I think, but can't swear, there is a checkpoint once you grapple the heli, so if you don't clear enemies and die going up, you're okay.

Thanks for the tips!

There's actually a third rocket in a box in the back, so I probably won't even mess with the guy carrying the RPG. I managed to collect all three and then got killed due to Nadine blocking my way through a door; that's when I quit for the night, haha. Hopefully tomorrow I finally get through it.

jsnepo

This is the best Uncharted game I have ever played. Uncharted 2 is a close second. The combat in TLL is the best in the series. The pacing is well balanced too.

I get 15 Relic points per match.

2500 for a DLC chest.

So yes I was wrong with 200, but 167 would net you just over 2500 points.

Am I missing something?

Daily challenges. You get between 300-600 per challenge, and you can have 3 active per day. They have no time limit on completion, but when you complete one, you have to wait until the next day to get another one. You can get a DLC chest in 3 days tops.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Ok, so I just got to the part with
the elephants,
an awesome moment. This game is really pulling me in, I don't want it to end. Figure I'm about halfway thru at this point.

Visually it's another step up from UC4, and IMO it's even better looking than Horizon.

Not Drake

I love Uncharted and there was no way I would not love Lost Legacy, but what really makes the game for me is Chloe's facial animation. My god it's so charming. So far I like Claudia Black's performance in this a lot more that North's and Baker's Drake bros from 4 and that was already ace.

T0k1du5.gif

Best. Train level. Ever.

Edit: ^^ End of game spoilers.

ND has really just nailed the mixture of gameplay in a cinematic setpiece moment. Like with UC4, it still boggles my mind in TLL that you're travelling through this area hopping between vehicles, engaging in gunfights, beating down enemies and it's all just so seamless.

I just get a bit taken aback when I'm reminded, "oh yea, I can just jump on that vehicle and continue this awesome moment."

It took me 11+ hours to beat the game on "Hard" my first time through. Granted, I messed around a bit with photo mode and did everything in chapter 4.

Bunga

Still plugging away at this, but not really made much progress. I'm in the open area at Chapter 4 (I think?) and I'm just on my way to the last of the three temples/fortresses. It's a decent game so far although I'm not sure I'm keen on the openness of this particular section. I much preferred the first few chapters linearity.

Lima

Just beat it. Chapter 9 was so beautiful omg. I think that was the best set piece in the entire franchise right there.

Getting back on the train had me like "I'm in your train, cuz"

gif_2_fast_2_furious_5ts3b.gif

End game spoiler
And then that end to the fight had me all like "I won't kill you... but I don't have to save you"

Shit this was magnificent. The Naughty Gods have done it again. Can't wait for TLOU2.

bosseye

Up to Chapter 6 I think, really enjoying it. I love the characters, the writing and the world is just stunning.

Chloe/Uncharted shits all over current Lara Croft/Tomb Raider too. The gulf in how much more enjoyable and engaging Chloe is to play is over Lara is remarkable.

Did anyone suffer from huge lag spikes during the final chapter, specifically the bit where
you have to jump from the train and into a jeep
?

It went down to PS3 Fallout New Vegas huge save file levels of slideshow framerate.

Lima

Did anyone suffer from huge lag spikes during the final chapter, specifically the bit where
?

It went down to PS3 Fallout New Vegas huge save file levels of slideshow framerate.

No everything smooth here. Did you play on Pro or regular PS4?

LiK

?

None here and I'm on a regular PS4.

dralla

About Asav..

Asav's motives, him believing he's a descendant of the old, ruthless Hoysala kings and how that makes him better than people who aren't, going so far as genocide with the bomb to wipe out people that aren't like him..it all feels more topical/relatable than it would have considering the current political climate here in the US and what went down in Charlotsville. Clearly this was not intentional because ND could not have predicted it but it does make him as a character stand out a little more because it felt like something that isn't so far fetched after all.

Lima

Asav looked like a boss. But man what an asshole.

Kicking his shit in double team was so satisfying. I was shouting god damn every hit. Guy could sure take some hits.

Baconmonk

I'm really enjoying the survival mode, but 90% of matches I join are always in the final wave. Sucks because I have $600 and my teammates (who I assume have been there multiple waves) have plenty of cash for relics and long weapons. Sort of minor as I'm still enjoying it quite a bit, I just wish there was an option for "lobbies only" outside of friends.

If anyone wants to play some survival hit me up on PSN Baconmonk

prophecy0

As a fan of the series, I'm absolutely loving the game. Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, Uncharted 3 was a let down, and 4 was good but not great (IMO). TLL feels like a throwback to 2. The pacing is on-point and the game has a very good way of playing with your expectations. I also love the interactions between Chloe and Nadine.

I had to make myself quit playing right at the end of Chapter 8 in order to get some sleep. I can't wait to get home from work and finish it up.

?

None here on the Pro. But I did have some framerate drops in earlier chapters. It definitely doesn't hold the framerate as well as UC4 did. The game visually shows off why, but still a bit disappointing in that regard.

How does Crushing on this compare to the Brutal difficulties on the remastered trilogy? That was some of the most hilariously unfair shit I've ever seen. I did slog through them all for the sake of completeness, but I remember a few points that were borderline impossible, like the section in Syria in UC3 where you just have to run away from gunfire and get to safety.

Just beat it. Chapter 9 was so beautiful omg. I think that was the best set piece in the entire franchise right there.

Getting back on the train had me like "I'm in your train, cuz"

gif_2_fast_2_furious_5ts3b.gif

End game spoiler
And then that end to the fight had me all like "I won't kill you... but I don't have to save you"

Shit this was magnificent. The Naughty Gods have done it again. Can't wait for TLOU2.

FFS. spoiler tag that shit

N7.Angel

I think we can easily say that LL is better than 4, the pacing, set pieces, humour was superb, I would have switch vilains though, I was disappointed about UC4 that is, for me, the most overrated game of the PS4 but this one is gold.

Shadow puzzle was a nightmare. Ended up looking a guide instead of wasting multiple days being stuck on it. Wish there was an option to skip or auto solve these sections on lower difficulty levels, or make the feature a toggle.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Shadow puzzle was a nightmare. Ended up looking a guide instead of wasting multiple days being stuck on it. Wish there was an option to skip or auto solve these sections on lower difficulty levels, or make the feature a toggle.

Why do so many people have problems with that puzzle? took me five minutes max on both playthroughs. Nadine practically gives you the answer after a couple of minutes.

its just trial and error. probably my favorite puzzle in the game.

ShadyK54

First try I had ONE shadow out of place
(part of the axe)
& ended up looking up a guide because I knew I wasn't going to get that close again lol.

dealer-

Why do so many people have problems with that puzzle? took me five minutes max on both playthroughs. Nadine practically gives you the answer after a couple of minutes.

You're obviously a cut above the rest my friend. The puzzle master.

It wasn't easy though. I can see how it could get annoying if you're stuck on it for ages.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Replaying this game on hard. Love the modifiers. I bought the silenced pistol and the sniper rifle along with the bullet time modifier for when you go ADS. It feels like Max Payne.

Just as I expected on my normal playthrough, the fights play out completely differently every time. The APC fight was awesome even on the second playthrough because this time i stealth killed everyone and collected enough RPGs and C4s to blow it to kingdom come. the game needed more of these boss fights. Cant wait to replay it on crushing.

You're obviously a cut above the rest my friend. The puzzle master.

It wasn't easy though. I can see how it could get annoying if you're stuck on it for ages.
i am actually terrible at puzzles. my struggle with simple puzzle games like inside and zelda are a running joke among my friends.

didnt have much trouble with this puzzle because once you get the first piece to align correctly, the rest become simply a matter of trial and error.

the horse puzzle was devious though.

LiK

Yea, took me about an hour with hints from Nadine. The first real challenging puzzle in an Uncharted game. I couldn't even find a guide since I played it like 4 days before release.

Top Bottom