• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Did anyone suffer from huge lag spikes during the final chapter, specifically the bit where
you have to jump from the train and into a jeep
?

It went down to PS3 Fallout New Vegas huge save file levels of slideshow framerate.

Happened to me on Pro, took me out of the moment, but then I replayed the section and it was fine

I had a major lag spike during the
helicopter sequence when you're wrestling the gun away from Orca

It really confused me since the screen went black and I thought I had failed but then the loading symbol came up and the scene continued like nothing happened.

dealer-

i am actually terrible at puzzles. my struggle with simple puzzle games like inside and zelda are a running joke among my friends.

didnt have much trouble with this puzzle because once you get the first piece to align correctly, the rest become simply a matter of trial and error.

the horse puzzle was devious though.

Yeah I found the majority of puzzles more challenging than in previous games. Not saying much though.

The Shadow Puzzle was annoying because I had like half an hour to play at the end of a long day and my brain was like mush. Couldn't be arsed with it at that point. Ruined the momentum. Modern gamers aye.

Why do so many people have problems with that puzzle? took me five minutes max on both playthroughs. Nadine practically gives you the answer after a couple of minutes.

its just trial and error. probably my favorite puzzle in the game.
Sorry Mr. puzzle expert my brain just may be too simple minded for these. Or I don't have the patience or desire to be stuck doing something I don't find fun. I'm playing to experience the breath taking visuals, character interactions, hindu lore, and tight combat not to be stumped on an obtuse (IMO) puzzle for hours or more likely days with my work schedule.

I guess maybe Uncharted should have a skip puzzle feature in future games. lol

Is that really a laughable concept? Why not have it be optional. How in the world would that affect your personal enjoyment of the game if it could be toggled on/off or there was an auto-solve prompt on lower difficulties after a set amount of time? I get that people like to feel superior to others mentally but I don't see any real harm in what I suggested. It's just giving the player more options.

LiK

Is that really a laughable concept? Why not have it be optional. How in the world would that affect your personable enjoyment of the game if it could be toggled or there was an auto-solve prompt on lower difficulties after a set amount of time? I get that people like to feel superior to others mentally but I don't see any real harm in what I suggested. It's just giving the player more options.

I'm not laughing at you or others here who had a tough time. I didn't find it that rough and I suck at puzzle games. I used guides for Layton games just to play out the stories.

But I think Uncharted puzzles have been relatively fair in difficulty especially with hints from the side characters.

But maybe a skip puzzle feature should be included in the future for accessibility.

I'm not laughing at you or others here who had a tough time. I didn't find it that rough and I suck at puzzle games. I used guides for Layton games just to play out the stories.

But I think Uncharted puzzles have been relatively fair in difficulty especially with hints from the side characters.

Not everyone finds what you find easy simple to understand.This isn't about what you personally deem "fair", my suggestion would allow you or anyone else to play the game normally without any hints. However, for someone like me who struggled for a couple of hours over two days even with Nadine's hints, having an 'auto-solve' feature that can be toggled on or off would make the experience more enjoyable while failing to impact those who have more time/patience/willingness to engage in trial and error gameplay. I personally do not find this type of thing fun like I mentioned in a post above.

I'm not saying the shadow puzzle ruined the game or anything extreme like that, just that I thought it was a pain in the butt to solve so I used a guide. Then I got responses like "Idk why people think it's hard I did it in 5 mins". Overall Lost Legacy seems a bit more puzzle heavy than 4 (never played the others) but this is the only one I have struggled with. Fantastic experience overall so far though.

LiK

Not everyone finds what you find easy simple to understand.This isn't about what you personally deem "fair", my suggestion would allow you or anyone else to play the game normally without any hints. However, for someone like me who struggled for a couple of hours over two days even with Nadine's hints, having an 'auto-solve' feature that can be toggled on or off would make the experience more enjoyable while failing to impact those who have more time/patience/willingness to engage in trial and error gameplay. I personally do not find this type of thing fun like I mentioned in a post above.

I'm not saying the shadow puzzle ruined the game or anything extreme like that, just that I thought it was a pain in the butt to solve so I used a guide. Then I got responses like "Idk why people think it's hard I did it in 5 mins". Overall Lost Legacy seems a bit more puzzle heavy than 4 (never played the others) but this is the only one I have struggled with. Fantastic experience overall so far though.

I guess a better solution would be to make it optional where you can get an optional reward similar to that horse puzzle in Chapter 4. I guess making this type of puzzle required to progress in the story might've been a killer to the pacing for some players.

So yea, I totally understand where yoyu're coming from. The puzzles in the original trilogy were extremely simple so it wasn't in the way of the adventure.

wouwie

Finished this today and enjoyed it a lot. After the decline in quality in UC3 and especially 4, which i didn't like all that much, i wasn't sure if i wanted to play yet another Uncharted game (loved 1 and 2 though). But when the credits rolled, i felt happy that i did. At about 40€, this also offers great value for money. It is essentially a full Uncharted game with incredible production values.

In the future, i'd like to see similar, slightly shorter (than UC2, 3 and 4) Uncharted games. But i hope Naughty Dog manages to make traversal more meaningful, challenging and fun. After so many Uncharted games, this whole automated "point and click and nothing can go wrong" traversal is getting so tiresome. Also, i'd love more but smaller scale combat intermixed with the larger style combat in huge areas. And i'd love to see something different with the story. I mean, the story has been copy paste so many times now... Last but not least, i wish the art team would take a bit more risks when it comes to locations. Visually, The Lost Legacy felt like a reskin of earlier Uncharted games and the jungle setting has been done so many times now. It did look gorgeous but felt very familiar and "deja-vu".

vjtOdOH.gif

I thought the shadow puzzle was medium difficulty; took me like 20 min to do. But I guess the degree of difficulty varies from person, Uncharted's solution was always to have your partner chime in on how to solve it or give you a major hint, I think it would be a disservice to completely eliminate or skip the puzzles; and is coming from someone who has a slight dislike for them.

tootie923

Did anyone suffer from huge lag spikes during the final chapter, specifically the bit where
?

It went down to PS3 Fallout New Vegas huge save file levels of slideshow framerate.

Yeah, I had that at one point during that sequence. I freaked out for a second because I thought LL was killing my PS4 Pro. My Phat PS3 died with Uncharted 2 in it, so ND games always scare me a bit because they push the system to the limits. I noticed there was a 1.03 patch yesterday for single player. The patch notes didn't tell much.

Realeza

Banned
Just finished. This was excellent. It didn't feel like a budget release at all, and its brevity is actually a pro, as there's no filler and bad pacing like in U4.

Drewfonse

Loving the characterizations, the story, graphics, puzzles, it's great so far. I just finished chapter 4, and yeah, I wasn't a fan of the faux open world. Everything else has been ace.

Just started last night, and I am loving it so far. Crushing seems to be a bit toned down compared to what UC4 was, but maybe I'm just not far enough to get headshot by everything yet.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just finished on Hard for my first playthrough. Fucking amazing game, I think it may be my top Uncharted game.

yuoke

Banned
Just finished, was really good. Great pacing overall and the mechanics from UC4 were refined to be used better.

Sam was really great coming back, both him and nadine got the development I felt they didn't get enough of in 4. The entire last chapter was also really fun. It sort of was a rehash of the train in 2, but I'm okay with that.

Also really adorable credits with the chibi versions of the story.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Took me a little over 9 hours to complete the game. The reviewers who were saying 6 must have been hauling ass through the game.

Yup. Alotta fun. Chloe is a great character and Nadine is cool too.

Amazing cinema presenation. Cutscenes are a pleasure to watch.

I thought the cinematography in a lot of the cutscenes was pretty bare-bones. Kind of gave me flashbacks to the Ratchet and Clank game, but it wasn't as bad as that.

LiK

I got all the coins in chapter 4 while staring at the visuals for a good while and beat it in
7H 7M

I don't know what I did to beat it so fast

I think I'm about 7-8 hours as well. Combat wasn't that tough on Moderate and I solved most puzzles pretty quickly.

Kaversmed

Just beat it and.. holy shit! The visuals, atmosphere, scenery.. I was in awe all the way throughout the game. Such a blast to play too!

tootie923

Took me a little over 9 hours to complete the game. The reviewers who were saying 6 must have been hauling ass through the game.

Mine was exactly 9 on Moderate. I took my time in Ch. 4 and also probably spent too much time taking screenshots. Getting that
bracelet
made collectibles so much easier.

Pif

Banned
Is the game using some sort of procedural generation for the infine train tracks?

I kept standing at the front train car in the final chapter, and the track wouldn't end. Also wouldn't repeat.

I left the game like that for about 20 minutes.

autoduelist

How does Crushing on this compare to the Brutal difficulties on the remastered trilogy? That was some of the most hilariously unfair shit I've ever seen. I did slog through them all for the sake of completeness, but I remember a few points that were borderline impossible, like the section in Syria in UC3 where you just have to run away from gunfire and get to safety.

The only one I struggled with was the
APC fight because you need so much C4/rockets and I didn't realize they respawn after awhile, so I was risking a lot going to every box.
In general though? Basic stealth to remove some of the threat, and knowing escape routes [and never taking big risks] will get you through.

Most of my deaths were my own fault -- going stealth, -knowing- that other enemy was a bit too close, thinking I could get a quick double kill, and instead having the other guy turn around. Just waiting a bit longer for a better opportunity would fix that, but that's on me.

Don't get me wrong - it's not easy... but it never felt impossible by any means.

You're obviously a cut above the rest my friend. The puzzle master.

It wasn't easy though. I can see how it could get annoying if you're stuck on it for ages.

I'm personally glad the puzzles are harder this time around. Uncharted games usually have easy puzzles, and even then Sully or your notebook had the answer.

I found the shadow puzzle really easy too... probably 5 minutes at most... and would have liked even harder ones.

Yea, took me about an hour with hints from Nadine. The first real challenging puzzle in an Uncharted game. I couldn't even find a guide since I played it like 4 days before release.

An hour? Okay... yeah, I can see that being an issue... but I don't think they should design puzzles for those who have problems solving puzzles. I think having hard puzzles with your partner giving hints is a great middle ground, especially when you have online guides nowadays.

Is that really a laughable concept? Why not have it be optional. How in the world would that affect your personal enjoyment of the game if it could be toggled on/off or there was an auto-solve prompt on lower difficulties after a set amount of time? I get that people like to feel superior to others mentally but I don't see any real harm in what I suggested. It's just giving the player more options.

I mean, this sort of hits the root of all gameplay difficulty questions, though. It's not about feeling 'superior' to others. Or at least, that's the really negative take on it. There's a more positive take on this concept too -- shared experience. There is an undeniable sense of community formed by overcoming shared challenges. Be it people that climb Everest, or run a marathon, or beat [name of game here]. That shared community isn't wrong, and it's not elitism, even if sometimes it looks that way if you are on the outside looking in. And so 'skipping the challenge' in games will always get some pushback, because to many, it's the challenge that defines a game. I realize, to others, that the challenge is unimportant [hence 'explorer' mode, for example]... but that's always going to be a divide between different types of people. I mean, let's take a nice hard shmup for example... I don't think less of myself if i can't beat it. I don't get mad if I'm stuck on World 4 Stage 5 and have tried 100 times to beat it. I just think about the people who can beat the game on 1 life and sit in awe of them. They earned World 5, I didn't. I'm okay with that.

LiK

An hour? Okay... yeah, I can see that being an issue... but I don't think they should design puzzles for those who have problems solving puzzles. I think having hard puzzles with your partner giving hints is a great middle ground, especially when you have online guides nowadays.

The solution wasn't the real problem but rather once I messed around with it, I had to keep sliding it around until I got it just right. I didn't restart CP to reset it either. It's a lot like those regular sliding puzzles I hated in all other video games. This one wasn't so bad.

I spent 30 min messing around, took a break for dinner and came back to finish it.

amazing game, i think its my favorite in the series. uncharted games typically suffer from two main things, pacing and length, and lost legacy nails both of those i feel.

think i'm gonna start another playthrough tonight and clean up some trophies.

Just finished this.

Perfect length (three decent lengthed sessions), perfect price, and the perfect follow-up to UC4 for people who were a little disappointed in the pacing like myself. This one has a lot more focus on combat, more involved puzzles, more meaningful exploration (more than just finding random treasures), and feels like Naughty Dog took a good look at moments people enjoyed and had fun with in UC4 and gave us a lot more of those things. This feels like old school Uncharted, but with all the latest goodness we got glimpses of in UC4.

Actually looking forward to replaying this for kicks at some point. Great stuff.

I don't plan on using this, so I hope one of you guys enjoys it! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a PSN key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421860.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GamerKingFaiz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4 Digital Code) -- MB-D850140A2F840AA6 - Taken by tootie923. 7 entrants total.

t1504121627z1.png

I see there was some discussion about the shadow puzzle earlier on this page. I like that puzzle a lot, as I knew what need to be done, I just needed to figure out the correct order. I HATED the pillar puzzle though (the one where the statues would attack you if you stepped on a wrong plate). I just didn't understand the basic mechanics, I guess. Would the statue attack all the matching plates or just the one you're standing on? Also, it was really difficult for me to cross match the symbols with the statues.

I don't know, maybe I'm dumb.

I see there was some discussion about the shadow puzzle earlier on this page. I like that puzzle a lot, as I knew what need to be done, I just needed to figure out the correct order. I HATED the pillar puzzle though (the one where the statues would attack you if you stepped on a wrong plate). I just didn't understand the basic mechanics, I guess. Would the statue attack all the matching plates or just the one you're standing on? Also, it wasn't really difficult for me to cross match the symbols with the statues.

The spots with symbols on them were the ones you could die on. I made it through by just memorizing each statues attack pattern. You should have also been able to see a ray of light above a statue when it's about to attack.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I see there was some discussion about the shadow puzzle earlier on this page. I like that puzzle a lot, as I knew what need to be done, I just needed to figure out the correct order. I HATED the pillar puzzle though (the one where the statues would attack you if you stepped on a wrong plate). I just didn't understand the basic mechanics, I guess. Would the statue attack all the matching plates or just the one you're standing on? Also, it wasn't really difficult for me to cross match the symbols with the statues.

Dont worry about the symbols just look at what weapon they are holding and how.

i think there are just two weapon types. An Axe and a Scythe. An Axe can only attack in a vertical attack to the plate in front of it, the scythe does a slicing attack that covers up to three plates. The last room has an axe wielding statue doing a 90 degree turn with every attack but thats about it.

just memorize their attack pattern and indiana jones your way out of there. fantastic puzzle.

The spots with symbols on them were the ones you could die on. I made it through by just memorizing each statues attack pattern. You should have also been able to see a ray of light above a statue when it's about to attack.

I saw all the hints, but I just kept getting stuck for some reason. But let's say that there are three pillars surrounding a statue have the statue's symbol. Will the statue attack all three pillars at once? Or does it attack the first one, then the second, then the third, so that you can leapfrog around it?

I think all matching symbols are attacked at once, but I wasn't positive, and I got pretty frustrated with that puzzle. The game felt so bad for me that they ended up just placing arrows on the pillars I needed to jump on, haha.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Is there a simple way of collecting all the treasures/optional convos/photo?

The chapter select option lists what you're missing/have found but starting from a chapter seems to reset the stats.

Does that mean I have to start a whole new game?

LiK

Is there a simple way of collecting all the treasures/optional convos/photo?

The chapter select option lists what you're missing/have found but starting from a chapter seems to reset the stats.

Does that mean I have to start a whole new game?

You can collect them outta order through chapter select. It's saved to your profile save. Any treasures you collected already won't be available for pick up again.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
You can collect them outta order through chapter select. It's saved to your profile save. Any treasures you collected already won't be available for pick up again.

I must be doing something wrong then...

Do you overwrite your save from your previous playthrough for that to take effect?

I just collected all 5 treasures from The Gatekeeper when I was only missing one.

?

Happened to me on Pro, took me out of the moment, but then I replayed the section and it was fine

Yeah, I had that at one point during that sequence. I freaked out for a second because I thought LL was killing my PS4 Pro. My Phat PS3 died with Uncharted 2 in it, so ND games always scare me a bit because they push the system to the limits. I noticed there was a 1.03 patch yesterday for single player. The patch notes didn't tell much.

I've had a massive framerate drop during that chapter as well. I've never seen anything like it in a ND game, which had my worried for my PS4. I uploaded a clip of it to youtube. It was fine though when i replayed the chapter.

Top Bottom