• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

farmerboy

Up to Chapter 5. My lord, whats the general consensus on graphics? Because I'm convinced they've improved.

Great game so far.

jacobeid

Banned
On chapter 7. Game is brilliant, this is the UC4 I wanted.

and I'm loving how Chloe & Nadine are getting closer, just got to that part where Chloe says she needs a second to get her head back in the game and Nadine pushes her into the lake and Chloe's like "really?". Had a big smile on my face, I dunno man, I don't think there's many developers good at crafting these subtle moments like ND

One of the best moments, for sure.

Just finished. Definitely right behind Uncharted 2 as my favorite of the series. It brought back that action movie intensity the 4th game was lacking and cut all the over-plotting bullshit out that brought down 3 and 4. Might be my favorite ending of any Uncharted game. Loved the credits as well with the
Pixar-ized versions of the characters,
haha.

On chapter 7. Game is brilliant, this is the UC4 I wanted.

and I'm loving how Chloe & Nadine are getting closer, just got to that part where Chloe says she needs a second to get her head back in the game and Nadine pushes her into the lake and Chloe's like "really?". Had a big smile on my face, I dunno man, I don't think there's many developers good at crafting these subtle moments like ND

I loved the little touches that add to the relationship like Nadine yelling Chloe's last name when she dies for the first half of the game and then using her first name towards the end.

Up to Chapter 5. My lord, whats the general consensus on graphics? Because I'm convinced they've improved.

Great game so far.

I don't know that it's technically above Uncharted 4 (outside of an improvement to motion blur, perhaps?), but it certainly has an art direction that's lends itself better to the visuals. The exploration of Hindu mythology in India allowed for the use of beautiful visages in their structures and a vibrant, pleasing color palette in its locales.

That final stretch was pitch perfect.

This has to lead to more uncharted with these characters and the approaches to each aspect of the game. It addresses all my problems with UC4, to the letter. Even made me appreciate parts of 4 more.

The end credits are indisputably the best of the series

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
It's just making sure to making a hard save. You can overwrite or just make a new save. Doesn't matter.

I have the same issue, whenever I chapter jump it resets my treasures for that chapter and all future chapters. I assumed this was because I started a new save first because I thought that would unlock the bonus menu (as opposed to downloading it in a patch, the fuck were they thinking about that bullshit) and I accidentally loaded that save when chapter jumping.

I'm terrified to try collectable hunting and accidentally miss one now, in case I have to go back and it erases everything else.

On the plus side, the stats and treasure menu show the treasures I've collected so far so maybe the trophy will unlock if I get the few that I'm missing.

Yeah, this is throwing me off.

To hell with the platinum.

farmerboy

I don't know that it's technically above Uncharted 4 (outside of an improvement to motion blur, perhaps?), but it certainly has an art direction that's lends itself better to the visuals. The exploration of Hindu mythology in India allowed for the use of beautiful visages in their structures and a vibrant, pleasing color palette in its locales.

You're probably right. I just think that it may look a bit cleaner. Either way, it's a looker and the art direction and source material are fantastic.

f@luS

More than a member.
Ok guys I'm coming back from vacation tomorrow

Wasn't able to play all august. Yet I bought many games

Tomorrow I'll have
Uncharted tll / hellblade / yakuza 0 / everybody's golf /windjammers / Mario rabbids

I think I'll start with this one then hellblade. Shortest (best?) game first. Can't wait I LOVED uncharted 4

kyser73

I loved 4, but this was the swansong the series deserved. It's a genuine mix of all the best set pieces from the previous games, each with a little twist.

Absolutely superb, looking forward to finding the discs in the Ghats now I've done the story.

Yeah, they could just have a system where a prompt shows up that lets Nadine solve it. It would make sense, Nadine could just say "hey let me try this one." Screen fades in and out with the puzzle solved.

Personally took me about 10-15 minutes.

That's a fantastic solution. You could get even more clever with it and let the other person try a couple of things and possibly fail, while they describe their thinking.

Then if the person still doesn't have it 10 mins later the partner goes and does it in one.

They had this in 3; if you took too long, a prompt would show to have Sully do it for you. This happened to me in the Chateau in France (Chapter 5 I believe) with the checkerboard puzzle on the far wall with the animal symbols.

Lima

What's the best way to replay this on crushing? New game+ or chapter select?

I want to use the weapons and maybe the infinite ammo cheat if I feel like it. Can I do that in NG+ too?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Fuck me, had to drag myself away from this last night, it has overtaken BotW in my GOTY so far. Just got the part with t
he train yard that has the patrolling helicopter
, gonna finish it in a straight shot tonight, roughly how long will that take on standard difficulty?

About the shadow puzzle, it took me about 10 mins, the rotation puzzle a little later was far more irritating IMO. I was always terrible at those in Assassins Creed 2 as well, must just be how my brain was wired.

Lima

Fuck me, had to drag myself away from this last night, it has overtaken BotW in my GOTY so far. Just got the part with t
he train yard that has the patrolling helicopter
, gonna finish it in a straight shot tonight, roughly how long will that take on standard difficulty?

About 30-45 minutes from that point depending on how much you die I guess.

What a fantastic game. The ending song (M.I.A. - Borders if you didn't know) was perfect.

Also, I never completely understood why Nadine still hated Sam and Nathan.

It seemed like at the end of Uncharted 4, that she recognized that it was she who had made a deal with the devil.

Wasn't it because after how Nathan and Sam took down Rafe, Shoreline was ripped out from under her? Orca was the one who was in control of it now and Nadine wanted it back? It's been a few days since I paid attention to the story in TLL but I think that's how it went down and why she has a grudge on them?

I hope Naughty Dog fixes it. Rise of the Tomb Raider had glitchy trophies and they fixed them via a plat, but didn't include a retroactive unlock so I have a trophy for 100% completion of side objectives and no trophy for completing all challenges (which is needed for 100%) lmao :'(

Really glad to see the love this game is getting in this thread. It is absolutely outstanding.

So many of those awe-inspiring "wow" moments that are the reason I play video games.

Drencrom

K3APhUw.gif

Didn't know you could climb up the whole tower.

Osahi

Didn't know you could climb up the whole tower.

You can climb out trough on of the open windows/doors (you can recognise the one as it has a crack in it which Chloë can latch onto. From there it is a short climb up to great photo mode opportunities

In the trailer there was a scene with
Nadine & Chloe fighting each other in a helicopter, but that never happened in the game. Cut content or a trick to make people think there might be more violent conflict between the two?

Wonderful game, though. ND never ceases to impress. I want more Chloe/Nadine!

Nadine & Chloe fighting each other in a helicopter, but that never happened in the game. Cut content or a trick to make people think there might be more violent conflict between the two?

Can you link the trailer?
I think Nadine climbed up with me once using her own rope but I can't remember if she made it into the Helicopter

LiK

It doesn't reset anything. I have the Plat. You can easily check if it resets anything by checking your Treasures list or the Stats screen. Anytime you pick a new Chapter, it just wants to make a hard save. Just overwrite the old one or make a new one. Like I said, it doesn't matter.

Sounds like the guy you quoted was reloading an old manual save which reverts back to anything he collected in that old save.

It doesn't reset anything. I have the Plat. You can easily check if it resets anything by checking your Treasures list or the Stats screen. Anytime you pick a new Chapter, it just wants to make a hard save. Just overwrite the old one or make a new one. Like I said, it doesn't matter.
When you jump into a new chapter and either save over the old file or make a new one, next time you jump into a new chapter that comes after the one you first went to, does it say "0 out of 5 treasures" or say "4 out of 5 treasures"? Because the problem here is going into a chapter resets the treasure counter in chapter select and makes all the treasures available for collecting. If this is what's suppose to happen then sure, but it certainly doesn't seem right.

Sounds like the guy you quoted was reloading an old manual save which reverts back to anything he collected in that old save.
Except it keeps the info for photos, conversations and whatnot. Only treasures gets reset, no matter what save I choose.

LiK

When you jump into a new chapter and either save over the old file or make a new one, next time you jump into a new chapter that comes after the one you first went to, does it say "0 out of 5 treasures" or say "4 out of 5 treasures"? Because the problem here is going into a chapter resets the treasure counter in chapter select and makes all the treasures available for collecting. If this is what's suppose to happen then sure, but it certainly doesn't seem right.

Except it keeps the info for photos, conversations and whatnot. Only treasures gets reset, no matter what save I choose.

Must be a bug because my treasures never resetted. I looked at what I collected and the progress was kept. I couldn't even recollect the old treasures I collected before. They don't respawn.

Must be a bug because my treasures never resetted. I looked at what I collected and the progress was kept. I couldn't even recollect the old treasures I collected before. They don't respawn.
This is what myself and the other user have been talking about. It's very clearly a bug and it's very frustrating considering it's hard to keep track of collecting treasures and if it will reset if we accidentally miss one and check other chapters, even if we follow a guide (it's easy to accidentally scroll past one and not realise sometimes).

I'm not sure if update 1.03 fixes it because I can't download the patch until mid-September, but hopefully the fix is in there.

LiK

This is what myself and the other user have been talking about. It's very clearly a bug and it's very frustrating considering it's hard to keep track of collecting treasures and if it will reset if we accidentally miss one and check other chapters, even if we follow a guide (it's easy to accidentally scroll past one and not realise sometimes).

I'm not sure if update 1.03 fixes it because I can't download the patch until mid-September, but hopefully the fix is in there.

Yea, that's a bummer. I suggest once you collected all treasures in a chapter and you decide to jump into another chapter, just overwrite the old save and see if it keeps it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just got to chapter 7 and the game is great. Not much to add that hasn't been said a hundred times so far but it may be my favorite game after UC2.

Anyone know if the stealth takedown trophy includes the silent pistol, or if it's just melee stealth take downs?

Edit: evidently not. Shame! It's still technically stealth :(

MrJTeera

That scene definitely happened in the final game, but under a different context thanks to the magic of editting!

Drencrom

Gifs are making Nadine and Chloe look OP as fuck, I love it. Nate and Sully starting to look incompetent by comparison.

Well, Nate and Sully are everyday-guys/conmen/thiefs who only learned fighting by brawling criminals in prison or in the field, while Nadine has been trained since birth to by her father to eventually take over his mercenary company. Not that weird that her fightstyle is more technical and competent looking than their barfight and wrestling antics lol

Well, Nate and Sully are everyday-guys/conmen/thiefs who only learned fighting by brawling criminals in prison or in the field, while Nadine has been trained since birth to by her father to eventually take over his mercenary company. Not that weird that her fightstyle is more technical and competent looking than their barfight and wrestling antics lol
Ok...now explain why Chloe is so good at kicking ass.

kc44135

Hard or Crushing difficulty?

Neither, play on normal instead. I loved this game on normal, but I honestly don't know if I've ever played a game where once great mechanics and design started to completely fall apart on a higher difficulty level. Many games have problems which are exacerbated on a higher difficulty level, but Uncharted: TLL's Crushing difficulty creates problems that weren't present on lower difficulties.

Chief among these problems is the inability to mark enemies (something you can do on Normal). This is an issue because the environments are incredibly detailed and sense with things like foliage, which you can't see through... but your enemies can. Additionally, enemies have about 10x the awareness of lower difficulties, and can spot across the map while giving you about half a second to get out of sight. When your enemies can so effortlessly spot you, when it's incredibly difficult for you to spot them, and when they become aimbots with 100% perfect accuracy, it's all really just a recipe for extreme frustration and many cheap deaths. Literally having the ability to mark enemies would make Crushing less than half as challenging and far more fair of an experience than it currently is, IMO.

Finally, there are a couple of "boss" encounters that are incredibly frustrating and downright tedious on Crushing . Essentially, these encounters rely on stealth, but stealth is broken and near impossible on Crushing, so you basically have to resort to cheap strats and cheese the encounters, or else spend hours pulling your hair out like I did (anyone who's played this game on Crushing should know which encounters I'm referring to, and how poorly designed/balanced they are for Crushing). I refused to do because of my stubbornness, but trust me when I say that the best Crushing experience you can have is cheesing every encounter with an infinite rocket launcher (which the devs allow you to do because even they know screwed up).

TL:DR, don't play on Crushing. Just don't do it. It is complete BS, and even the devs know it, hence why they let you cheat and still get a trophy. I love this game, but Crushing difficulty sucks ass. Hard may provide a better experience due to still allowing you to mark enemies, although I really do get the impression that the only difficulty ND balanced this game for was Normal. Crushing is where everything just falls apart, sadly.

Top Bottom