• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

LiK

WrXug6T.gif

Jesus

george_us

I'd say Lazarevic would be up there as well. When you fight him as Nate the best you can do when he melees you is escape and run away. But while
Nate beats Lazarevic by luring him into explosions, Chloe and Nadine beat Asav by teaming up to beat the shit out of him. Much more satisfying that way.
I was going to mention Lazarevic but I couldn't remember if you ever fought him hand-to-hand.

Replaying this for a third time now. I really think LL is going to overtake U2 as my favorite. There just aren't any weak links. Some would say that Chapter 4 is the weak link but I honestly think it's perfect. Just absolutely stellar stuff.

Yeah that's pretty neat. I went to Token temple before the tower and liked how Chloe commented on having already been there rather than a standard line of "wonder what that place is all about". I'm guessing at least some of this comes out of observing people play the game in QA, but it's kind of cool to see developers run through the different order people go through different parts of the game and then write and record dialogue that reacts to those choices. It's not necessarily about making a game where "choices matter", but it makes the game feel more personal and reactive to what the player is doing even in these smaller moments, which I really like.

yeah, the game does that - all the banter you get if you open the doors to the towers will be replaced or removed if you've hit the locales. on the 2nd playthrough - I did all 3 towers before going to the central tower and the dialogue were all nipped/swapped out.

This attention to detail doesn't come often in many games.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Am I right in thinking ND hair graphics solution is far better than CD's in Tomb Raider.
The way it moves and bounces, it's probably the most realistic I've seen and it's not limited to long hair, everyone even the guys in the game have fantastic realistically looking hair.
And seriously the game looks like CG most the time.

Drewfonse

Holy shit what an ending. The second half of the game really kicked it up a notch, incredibly fun and gratifying and funny. Loved it.
7 hrs of awesome.

And what a revelation Nadine was. Chloe has charisma oozing out of every pore, and I adore her character, but Nadine really caught me by surprise, especially in the quieter moments. And the lighter moments. Really good stuff.

Perfect blend of action, exploration, character development, killer graphics and wonderful cutscenes and story. Loved the Hindu mythology primer, too.

-Horizon-

Finished it.

Got all the optional tokens and got the reward for it.

Really liked it. Chloe, Nadine
and Sam
bounce really well off each other. I wouldn't mind more games with this bunch. Especially shorter games like this.

I will still continue to criticize naughty dog's insistence on having these games always include armored enemies and vehicles. These will never be fun to fight.

Asav is blah. But that's pretty much every uncharted boss in the series. Boss fights are still lame.

Game is gorgeous. The part with the
elephant is great

Current uncharted ranking: lost legacy > 2 >>> 4 >>> 1,3,golden abyss
It was that good. Not 100% sure if open world is the way to go for this type of game but it was a different change of pace.

gadwn

Damn, the last two chapters had some really good combat and set pieces. What an lovely finale for the series (for at least a very long time I imagine). Not as masterful as 4 but still a wonderful and a really fun action adventure. Some of the dial puzzles pissed me off though and the soundtrack was utterly mediocre. Edmonson, please come back.

SlickVic

Just finished this up. Really fun 10 hours (though I still have some collectibles left to find). Felt it did a really good job taking the gameplay refinements of Uncharted 4 and applying it to a leaner (but still decent sized) story. I think it says a lot for the game that while it's the first in the series without Nathan Drake leading the helm, Lost Legacy feels every bit as much of an Uncharted game as its predecessors.

I'm also glad the series finally took a trip to India, as it feels like such a perfect location for a franchise pinned on treasure hunting and the exploration of forgotten ruins and old civilizations. It's almost too easy to take for granted just how beautiful some of the locales of Lost Legacy look. It's a Naughty Dog game, so of course it's going to look great. But I can only imagine how much hard work it takes to put it all together in such a gorgeous looking package.

Also liked how the last chapter
gave a bit of a nod to Uncharted 2 by having a train sequence, and it was pretty cool to see them integrate truck jacking and rope swinging into the setpiece.
What I was less excited by was
the final boss battle becoming a timing-based melee battle. It was better than the sword battle that ended Uncharted 4, but certainly not my favorite part of the game.
Still, that doesn't take away from all the other things I really liked about the game. If this does end up being the last Naughty Dog Uncharted game, then they certainly ended it on a high note.

ffvorax

Finished yesterday, the last 2 chapters were awesome in terms of gameplay and cinematics! :O

Really great game, as expected. I need more Uncharted... I love too much this series... I'm ok even if they keep on with "short" games like this... I miss Nathan, but I'm ok if they choose to not include him in the future, UC4 ended in the best way it's story. Maybe just a cameo.

Because she's a better and more experienced thief than Nate.

Wouldn't go that far. She started later than Nate. But all the thieves we encountered seem to know how to fight. Certainly not on Nadine's level but they all seem to brawl. In Uncharted 2, I am sure that dagger Chloe is carrying around is not for show.

But I am happy they really make it seem like Nadine is the strongest out of them all. Which makes Asav more of a scary dude.

Naw. Only virtual.

FYI I'm talking during gameplay and not whatever sunnhil just posted above. Been trying to ignore his gifs as they are slightly spoilery in terms of showing game moments and areas.

I think his point was that the hair you're referring to is matted to Chloe's forehead by rain and/or sweat, that's why it isn't moving, and that's a thing that happens in reality.

Why are you holding out? Game is pretty cheap and absolutely amazing.
Yes. Support fully featured AAA games at $40. I know this game is kind of a special case but between this, Crash and Hellblade it seems like publishers are open to playing around more in how much different type of games can cost going forward.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I think his point was that the hair you're referring to is matted to Chloe's forehead by rain and/or sweat, that's why it isn't moving, and that's a thing that happens in reality.

Shrugs. It just looks odd to me. It seems to always be matted in the same exact places. She should run her hand through it occasionally. unrealistic! ;)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yeah I forget where though.

Basically my argument was that pacing is a tool that can be used to achieve different emotions. An uncomfortably slow moment can be used to convey to the audience what a character is feeling - in UC4's case, Nate's longing for a return to adventure that he was trying to suppress. I also said that the interaction between Nate and Sam felt a bit unnatural and uneasy compared to Nate and Sully. Now maybe that's because ND suddenly forgot how to write characters, but I think it's more likely that this was intentionally used as a tool to convey that Nate was forcing himself into a world he no longer belongs in and it was unnatural compared to how it used to be for him; it gives that sunken feeling of "this isn't where I should be". I think if Nate and Sam were having a jolly time with bubbly chemistry it would have been in contrast with the theme of the game and with the history of their relationship.

Of course the responses took that as me saying "they made it bad on purpose which is somehow a good thing" :p

I am pretty sure it was this post of his. i remember reading it and making fun of it. had no idea it would get the poor guy a tag. lol

Well that's definitely an interesting interpretation. I doubt it was ND's intention though. And even if it was, the magic of Uncharted to me was always that 'jolly time' with light banter. One of the main things I didn't like about U4 was all that added bagage and the weight caused by the Nate/Elena relationship. U4 is one of those games I'll probably replay years from now and see if my opinion still lines up with what I originally thought of it.

I'm with you Servbot. For me, UC4 is still the best paced UC game. It felt perfect and appropriate to play that game so long after UC3 and given the shift in time within the actual game world itself.

TLL's got your more typical pacing but still works because the story it's trying to tell is relatively simple compared to 4.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Jesus Christ last chapter was amazing, best set piece of the series. Man I wishe there were 2 or 3 more chapters like last 2, overall my ranking is:
U2> TLL> U1> U4> U3

teaveee

Was looking into beating this tonight and trading it to gamestop since the TIV got slightly bumped today. I just finished chapter 4, how long would you guys say the rest of the game is?

Top Bottom