• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Cornbread78

taRlf6H.png

8oFW2dw.gif

cTUAgbM.png

Developer: Naughty Dog
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
Directors:
Shaun Escayg
Kurt Margenau
Artist: Tate Mosesian
Writers:
Josh Scherr
Shaun Escayg
Composer: Henry Jackman
Platform: PlayStation 4
Release:
NA: August 22, 2017
PAL: August 23, 2017
Genre: Action-adventure
Modes: Single-player, multiplayer, Stand-alone DLC
Price: $39.99

Box Art:
QxMQwdM.png

*Anyone that pre-orders The Lost Legacy at participating retailers will receive a free digital copy of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for PS4 (at launch)
*For those who pre-order on PS Store, you’ll also get an Uncharted: The Lost Legacy PS4 theme designed by Truant Pixel.
*If you picked up the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Digital Deluxe Edition, Explorer’s Pack, or the Triple Pack, you’ll get Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as a digital download at launch. Owners of these products are not eligible for any pre-order bonuses.

8EHkRJK.png

Set six to twelve months after Uncharted 4, The Lost Legacy explores the backstory and heritage of Chloe Frazer as she explores the Western Ghats (a rural mountain range in India) in the midst of a civil war, on the hunt for an ancient Indian artifact, the Tusk of Ganesh, from a warlord named Asav. To do so, she partners with renowned mercenary Nadine Ross.

7aGqc3y.png

Chloe Frazer:
5KyS9Tj.jpg

Chloe is an Indian-Australian treasure hunter and thief for hire; she's a skilled professional whose reputation often makes her highly demanded in the criminal underworld. She was also an associate and a major ally to fellow treasure hunter Nathan Drake, and has also worked with other people such as Harry Flynn, Charlie Cutter and Nadine Ross.

Nadine Ross:
tM9eR0p.jpg

Nadine is a South African mercenary and former leader of the paramilitary organization Shoreline, and returns as the deuteragonist of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Asav:
jiJu2C7.jpg

Asav is a barrel-chested insurgent rebel leader who formally worked for the government. He's unearthing treasures, artifacts, and murals that are culturally significant to the region, and has several reasons behind his actions. "He has history with the government, he feels left out in solving the conflicts the government solved at one point and he’s now a lone rebel trying to create war and profit from it,"

4MFwqwB.png

cc7xHCY.jpg
g6EzNnP.jpg

ghaap0I.jpg
2gpZy3t.jpg

2U3X7mI.jpg
VyScBCI.jpg

bx2JSdi.jpg
qJuLbus.jpg

Original Concept Art:
lMY08yj.jpg
kbBa84P.jpg

7fZsTd3.png

Launch Trailer
2016 PSX Announcement Trailer
Gamersyde 4k Trailer
April Trailer
E3 Extended Gameplay Video
E3 Story Trailer
13 minutes of Gameplay Video
DF "First Look" Video
Quick Summary of DF vid:
- "The Pro implementation in Lost Legacy is identical to Uncharted 4"
- i-e native 1440p at 30 FPS.
- Core artwork, lighting, physics and texture qualities are the same level as Uncharted 4.
- The India open-area is the single largest area in an Uncharted game *
- DLC length is said to be the same as Uncharted 1.
- Game play mechanics are mostly the same with minor game play modifications (silenced pistols and lock picking mini-games)
DF: Demo vs. Final Game

EhmJaBZ.png

Why stand-alone and not plain DLC?
"We had the unique opportunity to do something that was truly stand-alone, unlike Left Behind which was like the missing chunk of the story in The Last of Us," writer Josh Scherr says. "This is something we can do completely independently while still in the same universe with the same characters, and exploring new relationships with them."

A Condensed Story:
Because it is a stand-alone game, The Lost Legacy will be more condensed. It's longer than The Last of Us DLC Left Behind but shorter than Uncharted 4. While The Lost Legacy will still have those enormous set pieces and grandiose moments Uncharted is known for, it's still a smaller scale Uncharted experience. Naughty made it clear that this is a new game, and not an expansion of Uncharted 4. It was a way for the team to look at the series' universe from a new perspective. "This is something we can do completely independently while still in the same universe with the same characters, and exploring new relationships with them," Scherr says.

Story background:
Why revisit Chloe? For Naughty Dog, it was an easy decision. She’s an interesting character with a darker moral compass compared to Drake. Writer Josh Scherr remarks: “They’re both treasure hunters. Drake has a bit of a hero complex, but Chloe looks out for number one, first and foremost.” It’s Chloe who initiates the hunt for the Tusk.

Nadine reenters the picture for different reasons, partially born out of the consequences of her actions in Uncharted 4. With Shoreline crumbling, she’s out of work and desperate.

Level design:
Starting with the level design. In one pivotal section of the game, the team wants to provide a more expansive environment that gives players more ways to explore at their own pace — “the biggest [area] ever for an Uncharted game,” Margenau mentioned.

While developing Uncharted 4, Naughty Dog had hoped to go even bigger on certain huge locations such as Madagascar, Art Director Tate Mosesian explained to me. But some concessions had to be made in the interests of maintaining the game’s development schedule. Not so with The Lost Legacy, where the game will benefit from an updated production process that can see up to five teams working on one location at a time.

Bigger Environments
Uncharted 4's Madagascar was one of the larger locales in Uncharted 4, giving players more freedom. The Lost Legacy further expands these open environments, all the while telling a linear story. In The Lost Legacy, Chloe and Nadine travel to the Western Ghats, a rural mountain range in India they traverse by jeep. It's reminiscent of Madagascar in the way that there are different terrains of mud, water, and rocks, along with a stunning vista. A key difference is the Western Ghats is geographically larger than Madagascar, and the biggest environment the series has seen yet. "We have this really great location of these rural Western Ghats, that allows us to get a real, true sense of exploration kind of unlike anything we’ve done before where the level design isn’t directing you exactly where to go, and you’re free to explore, find things, and discover things," game director Kurt Margenau says.

Stealth:
There is some new combat gear to master, too. A silenced pistol (The first lethal stealth weapon in Uncharted history!) will add new tactical wrinkles to The Lost Legacy’s stealth play and expand your combat options.

There also seems to be an increased range of options available for combat encounters. “There are entire combat setups that you can skip, go around, or approach from any direction,” Margenau explained. “It’s got a bigger, more organic feel, with more player choice and more stealth options.”

Gameplay Tweaks
The Lost Legacy will feature all the pillars of Uncharted, from rope swinging to puzzle-solving, but there are smaller changes worth noting. Stealth has been an option in several Uncharted entries, but Uncharted 4 built on this idea further with sections of tall grass and awareness meters for enemies. This comes back in The Lost Legacy, with even more stealth capabilities. For the first time, you can equip a silent pistol to kill foes from afar. As for combat, Chloe has a more martial arts vibe to her fighting moves, whereas Nathan was more of a brawler.

When working as a team, Chloe and Nadine are similar to Nathan and Sam. Nadine can mark enemies for you so you can spot them quicker, and she'll help you out in combat. If you don't want to fight, sometimes that's also an option. During the Western Ghats demo we saw, it was possible to evade conflict completely while in the jeep, by driving by and ignoring hostile areas. Furthermore, a lockpicking mini-game is introduced, which we briefly saw in action during the PSX demo where Chloe lockpicks a door. Several crates lying around will only open following this short minigame, where you rotate the lock and wait for your controller to vibrate.

Q&A
Q:Isn’t this just DLC for Uncharted 4?
A:No. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is a true Uncharted experience that features its own standalone story, cast of characters, blockbuster set pieces, and distinctive gameplay. Like Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, it will be available as a full digital and physical retail release.

Q: Do I need Uncharted 4 to play Uncharted: The Lost Legacy?
A: No. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is a standalone game. Uncharted 4 is not required in order to download or play Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

Q: I bought the Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition, will I get Uncharted: The Lost Legacy?
A: If you own the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Digital Deluxe Edition, which included the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Triple Pack, you will receive Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at launch as a digital download on August 22, 2017 in North America and August 23, 2017 in Europe.

Q: Will I get Uncharted: The Lost Legacy if I bought the Uncharted 4 Triple Pack or the Explorer’s Pack?
A: Yes. If you own the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Triple Pack or Explorer’s Pack, whether part of the Digital Deluxe Edition or if purchased separately, you will receive Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at launch as a digital download on August 22, 2017 in North America and August 23, 2017 in Europe.
*The Uncharted 4 Triple Pack and Explorer’s Pack were discontinued in December 2016 and are no longer available.

Q: Will Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Multiplayer be separate from Uncharted 4 Multiplayer?
A: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and Uncharted 4 share the same Multiplayer and Survival modes. The player community is unified across both games, allowing you to play with friends regardless of which game you own.

Q: If I play Multiplayer in Uncharted 4, will my player profile, loadouts, and preferences carry over to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Multiplayer?
A: Yes. All of your progress, unlocks, and loadouts will carry over seamless from Uncharted 4 Multiplayer.

Q: Will Uncharted: The Lost Legacy have a Photo Mode?
A: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will launch with the same Photo Mode features found in Uncharted 4.

Q: Will Uncharted: The Lost Legacy support the PlayStation 4 Pro?
A: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be enhanced for the PlayStation 4 Pro, including increased resolution for single player campaign mode. Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) is available across all PS4 platforms. A compatible HDR display is required.

Notable Links/Threads
IGM Preview
Pushsquare Preview
Polygon "Hands-On"
Lost Legacy Review Thread
Uncharted 4 OT
Uncharted 4 Multiplayer OT
Trophy List
NeoGAF Screeshot Thread

Sorry Nate, your gonna miss that....:
JpU3TnK.gif

*Important Notes*
Special Thanks to Mr. Sam for helping out with the graphics for the thread and SunhiLegand for making awesome gifs that I could steal for use in this OT.
Oh yeah, can I use it? I just kind of stole it for use on my own.... Kinda fitting for an Uncharted thread though... Thanks bruh!
The title, well, I decided to err to the side of PC and make it bland af. Sorry, the proper title was selected, however, we will take the ND route here...

* Also, as always, discuss freely, but mark game spoilers and use tags for this title, also, UC4 spoilers do not need to be marked as it is implied that you have completed that game prior to playing this stand-alone DLC.

*In other words, by entering this OT, you have inherently removed your right to complain about unmarked UC4 spoilers.*

zfGfDV1.jpg

Preloaded and ready. I'm glad this came along when it did since Destiny 2 is in 2 weeks and I needed something to play til then.

Falchion

So excited for this! Got it preloaded but I'm trying to make myself hold off until next week since I would only have Tuesday to play it before having to leave for a while.

silva1991

Haven't finished yet yet, but so far I like it more than UC4.

And yes, Chloe's ass is greater than ever.

Shadow quality is kinda bad in some places tho :/

Mediking

I'm hyped!!!

BUT... TO HELL WITH THAT YOUTUBE GUY: MKICEANDFIRE THAT'S SPOILING IMAGES FROM THE GAME. IF YOU'RE READING THIS... STOP IT.

Tyaren

Booooo! The Ass is back would have been a much better subtittle.

I'm glad it's not, because in the game Naughty Dog too was careful to not put her ass in the spotlight like in other Uncharteds again. In general sexualization of Chloe and Nadine was pretty much avoided. They're imo much better and more relatable characters for that. ;)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
As one of the resident Uncharted 4 haters on this board, I am really excited to try this out.

More setpieces and a better paced Uncharted is exactly what i wanted. I had no idea this was going to be a 6-8 hour campaign when it was first announced so i am really excited to play it. Hopefully, they have given us a reason to explore this time around.

Can't wait, looking forward to playing Jak 1 for the first time too.

I hope you're looking more forward to playing Jak & Daxter. It's one of my favourite games of all time.

So excited for this! Got it preloaded but I'm trying to make myself hold off until next week since I would only have Tuesday to play it before having to leave for a while.

Oh, it can be preloaded now? I'll have to do that then.
I'm trying to go in completely blind for this. The only bit of the main game I caught was the Madagascar chase, and it was a shame as that was probably the best part of it.

TheDanger

Banned
if I'm in PAL region and buy the US version on US store can I play on the NA release date?

If so then I will try getting a refund on my pal pre order and do that.

For completionists, how are you tackling this? I used to do a blind normal playthrough and then crushing after while getting everything but I'm thinking of just doing the reverse with this and playing it on crushing right out the gate because of the combat improvements/style that 4 introduced.

Formosa

Beat the game on Saturday. It was a good game overall, but still have the same problems as UC4, such as the puzzles; waste of beautiful semi open world environment; and battles. But the pacing seemed to be "slightly" better than UC4. Somehow I think UC4 has a better graphic than this one. I gave Uncharted4 an 8 and this is probably also an 8.

Top Bottom