• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

usp84

Just bought and downloaded it from PSN(is there a physical version even??) and tomorrow I am gonna play it on my new TV.

Can't wait!

Just finished it and fucking LOVED it. They can turn the franchise over to Nadine and Chloe now. Chapter 9 was legit great, probably the best set piece in the franchise. I didn't even miss Nate, it was that good. I knew from Uncharted 2 that Chloe had the potential to headline this series and I'm not disappointed. She's a better Lara than the current Lara. I also loved how they breathed some new life into Nadine. This has the potential to be a really fun pairing.

Got to the final chapter. Really don't want it to end, but not as much as when I was playing Uncharted 4. Nate still adds a Nostalgia factor that makes UC4 still better for me.

But yeah sign me up for yearly Uncharted.

First of all, I'm really enjoying this game! Chapter 4 is when it moves from good to great IMO. I'm really surprised IGN felt that chapter failed and was the worst part of the game. Couldn't disagree more. I'm still in Chapter 4 at the moment. Total playtime of nearly 4 hours already.

Not quite sure what people are talking about when they rave about the beginning. It seemed pretty mediocre to me?

Finally, does anyone else feel that Laura Bailey's accent for Nadine is bad? Like wow, it sounds downright awful to me.

Curufinwe

First of all, I'm really enjoying this game! Chapter 4 is when it moves from good to great IMO. I'm really surprised IGN felt that chapter failed and was the worst part of the game. Couldn't disagree more. I'm still in Chapter 4 at the moment. Total playtime of nearly 4 hours already.

Not quite sure what people are talking about when they rave about the beginning. It seemed pretty mediocre to me?

Finally, does anyone else feel that Laura Bailey's accent for Nadine is bad? Like wow, it sounds downright awful to me.

Compared to other South African accents?

Wait IGN didn't like chapter 4? Seriously? This is why I don't even read reviews anymore. The open world aspect to it was great in my opinion. I didn't have to find all the Hoysala symbols, but it was fun so I did it.

Survival mode definitely starts improving once you get some upgrades and play on moderate (light is single player), but man they didn't fuck around with the difficulty

Spasm

Finally finished it tonight. Did my first play-through on Hard. What a great game. Easily better than U4. Overall, I'd place them:
2 > TLL > 3 = 1 > 4

It has probably the best finale in the series. Can't wait for the next girls' night out.

Drewfonse

Wait IGN didn't like chapter 4? Seriously? This is why I don't even read reviews anymore. The open world aspect to it was great in my opinion. I didn't have to find all the Hoysala symbols, but it was fun so I did it.

Well, I wasn't a huge fan of it, either. It's just not Uncharted, for me at least. But I absolutely adored the game.

AdaWong

*prayer circle NaughtyDog sees all this positive reception of Chloe leading and turns this into a franchise*

*prayer circle NaughtyDog sees all this positive reception of Chloe leading and turns this into a franchise*
I'd be kind of devastated at this point if we don't get another Chloe helmed game. If they have franchise fatigue I get it and fair enough to want to do something else but this was too thoughtful a game for me to get that impression.

I'd be kind of devastated at this point if we don't get another Chloe helmed game. If they have franchise fatigue I get it and fair enough to want to do something else but this was too thoughtful a game for me to get that impression.
It did seem like an experiment to test the waters. I was having Nate fatigue after three personally. But yeah, after that ending I need more Chlodine plundering treasure. Chloe isn't Nathan and honestly these two gave the game a completely different energy so yeah, I want more of them. I wasn't burned out on Uncharted, just burned out on Nathan, and I like the guy too, I just kind of felt his story was wrapped up after the third game and they just needlessly brought both him and Sully out of retirement.

Memento

Just finished it! 11 hours.

WHAT A GAME.

The last sequences are soooooo fucking good.

The
train reborn
setpiece is INCREDIBLE. Two days ago I said chapter 4 could be the best UC level ever, but then the
train sequence
came and holy shit.

I still dont know if its better than UC4 though. Need to let it sink a little bit to cement my opinion.

Cant believe this year alone had 2 of the best female character leads I have ever played in a game. Chloe is fucking amazing!
The other one was Aloy <3
She is the perfect lead for the series. And Claudia Black fucking nails it.

Also, I know everyone knows that already but I HAVE to say it: the visuals are INSANE. Like, holy shit. And I played on OG PS4, cant even imagine how good it looks on Pro.

Davide

Great game obviously, but I remember in Uncharted 2 Chloe being relatively a pretty lazy character who let Nate do all the climbing.

Well, I wasn't a huge fan of it, either. It's just not Uncharted, for me at least. But I absolutely adored the game.

Yeah. IGN's complaints were that the open area felt empty with no incentive for exploration. I disagree with them. They then complained that the game was just a greatest hits of the past Uncharted games.

Lima

Also, I know everyone knows that already but I HAVE to say it: the visuals are INSANE. Like, holy shit. And I played on OG PS4, cant even imagine how good it looks on Pro.

Apart from the slightly better image quality due to the higher resolution there aren't any differences. No additional effects etc. Same as U4. The Pro implementation could be much better. No wonder this looks great on Amateur PS4.

Toe-Knee

Yeah. IGN's complaints were that the open area felt empty with no incentive for exploration. I disagree with them. They then complained that the game was just a greatest hits of the past Uncharted games.

To be fair I thought that area was awful too. It sapped all momentum from the plot and just didn't feel very uncharted but I felt the same about Madagascar in uncharted 4 too.

reKon

Banned
Just finished this. What a fantastic campaign. Thoroughly entertaining and near perfect pacing. May be the 2nd best Uncharted game.

Also holy shit at all the people involved in creating this. So many names and other companies in the credits.

Jack cw

Apart from the slightly better image quality due to the higher resolution there aren't any differences. No additional effects etc. Same as U4. The Pro implementation could be much better. No wonder this looks great on Amateur PS4.

Slightly?
It has double the resolution of base PS4 and better AA and watch all this on a HDR capable display and it's possibly the best looking game so far. In a perfect world, everything might be better, but the effort ND did for Pro is to benefit from what UHD and HDR offer. The 2x resolution gives it a more pristine look and the HDR implementation gives the IQ so much depth. Sure, it looks phenomenal on base PS4, but from a visual point, the Pro enhancements makes it even better.

leng jai

Chapter 4 was nothing special, I wouldn't be surprised if someone found it boring.

No incentive? The point of that area is literally an incentive for the rest of the game. Weird.

Osahi

Wow, this was a damn fun ride.

I'm definitely open for more Uncharted, in whichever way, shape or form.

UnKarted. Do it Naughty Dog.

Offcourse, not without a 'train' track with a real time circling train you can jump on for shortcuts

Lima

No incentive? The point of that area is literally an incentive for the rest of the game. Weird.
There is also plenty of incentive with the tokens. Some of them are in pretty cool areas.
It does take out the wind of the campaign at that point. Pacing wise Uncharted works best in linear structure constantly pushing forward.

Chapter 4 was nothing special, I wouldn't be surprised if someone found it boring.
It is no chapter 9, but many things aren't. I guess I just enjoyed all of the banter and busting up camps and the exploration. I guess I can understand if it's not for everybody since it completely busts up the pacing for about 90 minutes.

Finally managed to find a copy yesterday. The opening segment was just insane, so well made. But here's my problem with the game, how am i supposed to approach the western ghats bit? Am I supposed to go stealth? If I go stealth i just don't find the design of the world/ enemy AI to help me support with stealth approach. There's a silencer pistol that I stumbled upon a truck after taking out the entire first wave in the early part of western ghats and this silenced pistol only has 4 bullets. Is that it? I am finding the gunplay, the way it makes the player to approach with combat encounters to be very dissatisfying and disappointing. And what happened to enemy player marking stuff that I felt wasn't implemented correctly in UC4 from it's weird choice of control layout perspective.

Why am I not able to get Chloe to use binoculars to scan the the vast area to scout enemy patrol? How am I supposed to know who spotted me? The sound cues aren't helping me.I got bored to death dying in crushing not able to figure out what the hell am I supposed to do. I feel ND's open area approach is making me lose focus and thus I am not enjoying the game from a combat/action perspective. Also the lack of brisk running is just making it painful to traverse when I am not on the jeep. Pacing felt good at start but it's starting to get slow and dull. I am still in early bits of Western Ghats, driving around collecting coins.

Ok so last couple of nights had lot more time to play Lost Legacy and I am thoroughly feeling immersed. Perhaps starting this on Crushing could have caused a bit of unexpected frustration. The narrative and set piece moments have been superb so far. I am at the spot where I need to
take out a armed gunner jeep with C4 and reunite back with Nadine

Acxck5v.gif

samn

I found chapter 4 to be the same scenario in the same place with the same bad guys repeated about 6 times over. Interspersed with some enjoyable puzzles.

I was worried at first that it would comprise the majority of the game but happy to learn I was wrong

I'm the opposite and thought her accent was excellent. I found it totally convincing but then I'm not South African so outside of a couple I worked with have limited expertise on the matter.

dralla

Chapter 4 was great, maybe my favorite chapter. It has such a nice mix of traversal/puzzles/combat. It also has my favorite combat encounters in the game. And the dialogue between Chloe and Nadine is not only enjoyable but helps flesh out their relationship quite a bit, assuming you go for the Hoysala tokens and get to hear it all.

Beat this yesterday. Not as good as Uncharted 4 but still an amazing value at $40 and I'd be cool with Chloe, Nadine and Sam taking over the torch from Nathan Drake.

Pros:
- Incredible graphics
- Top notch animation, especially love how Chloe will run her hand through foilage
- Tight gunplay although I will admit I played with auto aim enabled
- Incredible setting full of interesting lore and mythology
- Great chemistry between our leading ladies
- Great A.I. that didn't get in my way or piss me off

Cons:
- Lame villain I didn't really care about
- Forgettable soundtrack
- Vehicle controls are still floaty
- Enemies are still bullet sponges
- Puzzle sections were not enjoyable to me, especially the shadow theater one

Overall I think every PS4 owner should give this a go, especially at only $40.

Plum

Just had the bit (Chapter 6, I think)
where you save a trapped Elephant
ruined for me. When I got there the contextual action that was supposed to show up didn't and Nadine had just disappeared. Spent a good few minutes jumping around the place thinking what I was missing before giving up and reloading the checkpoint.

JonnyKong

Midway through ep 7 now, the game is definitely turning out better than I expected, but does anyone else think it reminds them of the older Tomb Raider games with a modern engine?

This is no bad thing, but as I'm exploring these lush green terrains and climbing giant statues, I can't help but recall doing something similar in previous TR games.

Lima

The worst thing about the vehicle controls is that this is supposed to be a 4x4 but drives like a fucking RWD vehicle.

Top Bottom