• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Midway through ep 7 now, the game is definitely turning out better than I expected, but does anyone else think it reminds them of the older Tomb Raider games with a modern engine?

This is no bad thing, but as I'm exploring these lush green terrains and climbing giant statues, I can't help but recall doing something similar in previous TR games.

Uncharted has been compared to TR ever since the first game. This is nothing new.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just finished, fantastic game worthy of being just Uncharted 5
I really do want them to continue with Chloe and it's obvious ND still has a lot more Uncharted left in them as they just keep getting better.
Rafe is still a better villain imo and I still didn't click with Nadine in the end but yeah.
Definitely one of my favourite games of the year

Jagsrock

Banned
Finished it! What an epic ride, the last 3 chapters in particular really ramped things up to another level but I loved it all. Chapter 4 was a fantastic experiment and I hope they delve into that semi open world concept even more next time around. It felt refreshing and was nice to actually have time to spend enjoying the gorgeous scenery instead of being pushed through it in a linear fashion. More collectibles,and secret areas/objectives would have made it even better but I still really enjoyed it. Also as a hindu and growing up with all the stories and legends it was really cool to see them represented in the game. Solid 9/10 from me.

Uncharted has been compared to TR ever since the first game. This is nothing new.

True, but for the first time I really felt it whilst playing this.
Same here. Playing this felt very meta. Like Naughty Dog's take on the new Tomb Raider, which felt like Crystal's take on Uncharted, which was itself a spin on Tomb Raider.

At the same time it felt like Uncharted's greatest hits.

Regardless, TLL is a fun, tight lil package.

Why?

I found her to be funnier than anything Drake said throughout 4, save for the scenes in the home. The way she plays off Chloe is fantastic.

Though everything about the dialogue and writing I like better in LL, so maybe that's it.

The scene where
Nadine tells Sam to just chill out cause he'll live longer, which makes Chloe proud and leaves Sam completely lost
might be my favorite lines in the series since "There's a guy above you, there's a guy above you. There's a guy below you, there's a guy below you."

Also the Tarantino homage in TLL.... A+

Bandit1

I missed an optional conversation in Chapter 4 and its the one you get after you collect all 11 discs.

FUCK

Ahhh... How will you get around that?

Similar story - I started my crushing playthrough and was looking for some extra trophies along the way and came across "The Warrior's Way" - Make it to the outskirts of Halebidu in Chapter 5 without using a firearm or explosive. So even though I was on crushing I went for it. I encourage anyone to try the Trident Fort area in the Western Ghats on crushing using only hand to hand combat... There were probably 12-15 guys, including a heavy with a gatling gun. Took me a couple of hours but I finally did it using mostly stealth kills and a little bit of cat and mouse, managing to go back into hiding after open conflict. But in the end, I had carried over my stats when I started my crushing playthrough, so technically I had gun/explosives kills at the time I entered chapter 5. No trophy for me. :(

Alienous

I can barely process how good that was.

Congrats to Naughty Dog - god damn. This is the best game I've played in years.

Amazing.

prophecy0

The "open world" area dragged on for too long. Other than that an excellent game.

I don't understand this complaint. If you ignore the side quest and head straight to the objectives you get three fairly different combat/traversal/puzzle areas. Exploring the entire open area is completely optional.

I loved Chapter 4 and hope ND puts similar areas in future games.

ffvorax

Platinum the other day!
Another great UC game! I need more now... :(

Loved all the game, in particular how the chars were presented... at first I didn't liked Chloe and Nadine, but at the end I actually would like to play another game with them, lol.

The villain could have been really good, but it was on screen not enough to be really interesting.

The "open world" area dragged on for too long. Other than that an excellent game.
Open area was one of my favorite parts of the game. And you actually get rewarded for doing the optional stuff. I thought it was really well done. And OPTIONAL lol.

The game took me 9hrs 30m on Hard. I had some resets on check points.

Bandit1

I missed an optional conversation in Chapter 4 and its the one you get after you collect all 11 discs.

FUCK

Hey, now that I think about it, there was an optional conversation over by the
monkeys
in the area where you return the discs. If that's the one you're missing I bet you could still go there and trigger it.

black070

As much as I enjoyed 4, this is hands down the better game - really excited to see what the creative leads can do next, I wouldn't even mind having them work on another Lost Legacy-esque release.

t hicks

Banned
Man I gotta say, I wasn't too hyped for this so I just rented it @ a redbox... but holy shit! I loved this way more than 4. Such a great game, bravo again ND

AK3XTls.gif

This game feels like they took everything good about uncharted and cut all the filler out.

Really digging it so far. The dialogue feels very natural and is enjoyable to listen to. I also really appreciate that
they only talk about Drake & Co when it comes up naturally in conversation, it also doesn't happen until later in the game
it's refreshing.

First uncharted where I'm actually invested in collecting all the stuff too. Don't know why, probably because it just seems manageable in this one.

Dave1988

Finished the game yesterday on the highest difficulty level. Is it me or is Crushing slightly more forgiving this time around?

Anyway, The Lost Legacy was a fantastic thrill ride. The last chapter is probably one of the most amazing set pieces the series has seen so far. Chloe and Nadine are a fantastic due so I wouldn't mind seeing more of them in the future.

Overall, I think this is my second favorite Uncharted right behind UC2. Before launch, I was afraid that the pacing would be as bad as in UC4 but ND got it right this time. Kudos to them.

FiveSide

Banned
I'll go ahead and echo what I've read a bunch of times already ITT - I think this might actually be the best Uncharted game, all things considered.

The real clincher is without a doubt the tighter pacing. Only took about 6 hours to go through, and the smaller amount of content meant that each setpiece, in turn, felt more meaningful and carefully tuned.

I would be completely fine if Naughty Dog left the more ambitious writing to The Last of Us, and kept this as the Uncharted blueprint moving forward.

Chloe was also great. At this point, I almost hope they double down on the Tomb Raider-ish aspects and basically just turn the series into a spiritual successor to classic Tomb Raider.

RSchmitz

I've been avoiding this thread because I'm afraid of spoilers, sorry if this has been asked already.
Is there a way to make the elevator go up on the chapter 4 tower? The game spawned me up there after my last session. Is it possible to go down climbing somehow? I'm stuck...

JonnyKong

Just finished tonight, great stuff. I do wish Naughty Dog would make a bit more effort with the final boss though,
it was far too similar to U4 having a punch up

illusionary

Ahhh... How will you get around that?

Similar story - I started my crushing playthrough and was looking for some extra trophies along the way and came across "The Warrior's Way" - Make it to the outskirts of Halebidu in Chapter 5 without using a firearm or explosive. So even though I was on crushing I went for it. I encourage anyone to try the Trident Fort area in the Western Ghats on crushing using only hand to hand combat... There were probably 12-15 guys, including a heavy with a gatling gun. Took me a couple of hours but I finally did it using mostly stealth kills and a little bit of cat and mouse, managing to go back into hiding after open conflict. But in the end, I had carried over my stats when I started my crushing playthrough, so technically I had gun/explosives kills at the time I entered chapter 5. No trophy for me. :(

Carrying over stats from an earlier playthrough doesn't stop you from getting the trophy - you probably slipped up some other way without realising it.

It shouldn't take too long to run through the first four chapters on Explorer later on, at least.

Bandit1

Carrying over stats from an earlier playthrough doesn't stop you from getting the trophy - you probably slipped up some other way without realising it.

It shouldn't take too long to run through the first four chapters on Explorer later on, at least.

I looked up a trophy guide later and that's where I got the info about carrying over the stats. I'm pretty sure I never shot or threw a grenade, but I could be wrong. Either way, it will be easy to do it on Explorer difficulty later like you said.

Lima

Yes it does.
You have to say no when it asks you if you want to carry over stats and treasures or it voids the trophy.
Best way is to back up you current saves to the cloud or USB and then delete them from your HDD to start completely fresh.

Just finished last night (right before allowing myself to get hooked into Destiny 2). What a ride. The Lost Legacy left me wanting more of Chloe and Nadine; they certainly deserve their own trilogy in the franchise going forward.

Never has a game made me care about a friendship more than this. The arc that these two go through together is incredible. The progression of their friendship and how it's fostered by their actions; by what they DO together and how they interact, it's the unsung highlight of this game.

This is my favorite Uncharted game. I'm floored by how effective the "less is more" approach is here, in terms of length. This may also be tied with Horizon for being my personal GOTY.

Just finished last night (right before allowing myself to get hooked into Destiny 2). What a ride. The Lost Legacy left me wanting more of Chloe and Nadine; they certainly deserve their own trilogy in the franchise going forward.

Never has a game made me care about a friendship more than this. The arc that these two go through together is incredible. The progression of their friendship and how it's fostered by their actions; by what they DO together and how they interact, it's the unsung highlight of this game.

This is my favorite Uncharted game. I'm floored by how effective the "less is more" approach is here, in terms of length. This may also be tied with Horizon for being my personal GOTY.
I hope this game and Horizon prove to the industry that a AAA game could be lead by a female.

Hesemonni

Banned
The credits are rolling as I write and wow, this might be my favorite Uncharted.

One thing I really like about Naughty Dogs games is this certain effortlessness which they have when it comes to character interaction and dialogue. The subtle way the characters grow on you and develop through the game, not only with set pieces, but in interaction and co-existing with other characters is really impressive.
I hope this game and Horizon prove to the industry that a AAA game could be lead by a female.
I think Tomb Raider already proved that ages ago.

ffvorax

Warrior's way needs the stats to be reset.

The trophy to do the Trident area without being spotted don't.

illusionary

I looked up a trophy guide later and that's where I got the info about carrying over the stats. I'm pretty sure I never shot or threw a grenade, but I could be wrong. Either way, it will be easy to do it on Explorer difficulty later like you said.

Yes it does.
You have to say no when it asks you if you want to carry over stats and treasures or it voids the trophy.
Best way is to back up you current saves to the cloud or USB and then delete them from your HDD to start completely fresh.

Warrior's way needs the stats to be reset.

The trophy to do the Trident area without being spotted don't.

While I know that many places have reported needing to reset stats, I know from personal experience that you don't. I played on Crushing for my second playthrough of the game, carried over my stats and got the trophy.My in-game stats reported a non-zero number of weapon/explosion kills. This was with patch v1.02; it may be that early reports of needing not to carry over stats were based on pre-patch experiences, with an issue that's now been addressed.

Independent confirmation here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6062200-post37.html

Top Bottom