• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
They did it. They made an even better Uncharted. 4 has the history and nostalgia and the conclusion of a four game franchise. But this one is just better in nearly all aspects. Pacing, gameplay, wit, set pieces (!!!). I hope we get one of these Uncharted experience every 3 or 4-ish years. I had a gigantic smile on my face during
Train Sequence Redux.
It had been so long since such a memorable set piece and it felt like the final gameplay revision we've been working on since U2. I need more 8 hour Uncharted Episodes in my life.

I knew Naughty Dog could do whatever they wanted flawlessly but writing a budding friendship between two women I didn't expect. I should try Left Behind again.

Ricker

Enjoying this a lot,graphics are amazing and all,the only thing that pisses me off are the annoying puzzles and the token run in chapter 4...at least it let me skip the awful shadow moving thing around puzzle,they should have a reset at least for those,and missing 2 tokens,one is the stupid horse dial thing,I guess not understanding what triangle does is not helping me,and the other is just in knee deep water,south west a bit on the map, but I dont see anything to interact with around...

Oh well still great,up to chapter 5 or 6 now.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Fuck Chapter 6 on Crushing. This miught be the first Uncharted I don't finish on that difficulty.

Just enable cheats man. The game will still give you the trophy.

Buy a Silenced Pistol and the gold sniper rifle. Enabled Bullet time whenever you ADS and unlimited ammo.

If you consider the unlimited ammo perk cheating then disable that, but the other perks are not game breaking in anyway. Max Payne had ADS bullet time and pretty much every other game lets you roll with your own loadout and silenced weapons options.

I really wish The Lost Legacy had embraced the last of us loadout and upgrade systems or added a bow a la Tomb Raider. I love the gameplay loop in TR because i have that range option with my bows and i can customize them to fit my stealth needs.

It would've added a lot more depth to the game as well.

Bandit1

Yep. I heard they don't affect trophies, but it still feels dirty.

Yeah.

Yeah that's a tough one. I almost made it without cheats, but got frustrated with it and cheated my way through with a silenced pistol, slo-mo aim, and unlimited ammo. I stayed in the grass a lot, but it's hard to move around the area without getting spotted.

Memento

I am playing on Crushing without cheats. I would feel dirty with them enabled lol.

And it is much more rewarding when you manage to get through a difficult area without help.

I am on Chapter 8 right now. The hardest enemy encounter was by far the
fucking truck
one in Chapter 6.

I am having a lot of fun.

Fucking amazing final chapter. Holy shit man. I hope more spinoffs will be made as this game reminded me why it's my favorite gaming franchise.

yunbuns

Just beat it and loved it. Although I do find it amusing that I own all the Uncharted games and the one Uncharted I finally play all the way through doesn't have Nate in it.

Also the way they handled Chloe and her dad was great. When it first got brought up I was dreading it considering how terrible it's done and TR but was pleasantly surprised instead.

cooldawn

I've had this since release but just started it today.

Really impressed. For something that's supposed to be DLC, it's one of the best looking games, (depending on how you play) one of the most intense experiences and the characters are really tight.

Everything about this game feels so natural so far. It really is quite overwhelming right now. I'm completely floored by it all.

hoGCjLA.gif

Memento

Okay, so is it even possible to beat the
minigun part on the train
sequence on Crushing? This shit is impossible :/

yeah its possible :) Did it in about 5 goes.
You gotta kill the left right/snipers etc quickly then go for the gas canisters. You dont shoot the big guy.

Memento

yeah its possible :) Did it in about 5 goes.
You gotta kill the left right/snipers etc quickly then go for the gas canisters. You dont shoot the big guy.

I dont know how I did it but I did lmao. Tried at least 15x.

Just finished the game on Crushing btw. Now I just need to find two more lockpicks and do the combat trophies to get the platinum!

Drewfonse

Enjoying this a lot,graphics are amazing and all,the only thing that pisses me off are the annoying puzzles and the token run in chapter 4...at least it let me skip the awful shadow moving thing around puzzle,they should have a reset at least for those,and missing 2 tokens,one is the stupid horse dial thing,I guess not understanding what triangle does is not helping me,and the other is just in knee deep water,south west a bit on the map, but I dont see anything to interact with around...

To each his own, but I thought the puzzles were fun and offered a nice bit of challenge, without becoming frustrating.

Tosyn_88

Just beat it and loved it. Although I do find it amusing that I own all the Uncharted games and the one Uncharted I finally play all the way through doesn't have Nate in it.

Also the way they handled Chloe and her dad was great. When it first got brought up I was dreading it considering how terrible it's done and TR but was pleasantly surprised instead.

There's a big difference in the way Naughty Dog write characters and the way Crystal Dynamics do.
Also keep in mind that Crystal has to fulfil criteria set by the publisher Square Enix.
Chloe>Lara

autoduelist

knees in water -
is there an elephant nearby? look around the knee deep water for a hole.

horse dial -
focus on moving 1 thing at a time. Move big to right. Now get medium in the circle. now move big to left. put medium to right. move big to right. get small in circle. move big left. put medium in circle. put big right. put medium left. put big left. put small to right. move big right. put medium in circle. move big left. move medium right. move big right.

i did that in my head from memory, but i think i have it right.

Fuck Chapter 6 on Crushing. This miught be the first Uncharted I don't finish on that difficulty.

It was hard, but it's possible.
I went left. Cleared most enemies. IIRC you need 5 hits... but C4 will recharge. ENemies will spot c4 on truck, so don't put it on early. If you weed out the herd, it's much easier to run and lose the truck, which will become a much easier target... I think I even stayed on the sniper tower once I cleared most enemies and just kept hitting the truck.

I must have got lucky here, I didn't realize this was a hard section.
Only hit cannisters iirc.

Gurish

A very quick question about chapter 4, not really spoilers but I'll hide it anyway:
Is the question mark Chloe draws on the map after climbing the tower is the only side quest available on this map or there are more unmarked stuff?

I don't want to miss any content the game has to offer. Thanks loving the hell out of it so far.

SDR-UK

A very quick question about chapter 4, not really spoilers but I'll hide it anyway:
Is the question mark Chloe draws on the map after climbing the tower is the only side quest available on this map or there are more unmarked stuff?

I don't want to miss any content the game has to offer. Thanks loving the hell out of it so far.
If you go to that question mark, everything involving that sidequest appears on the map.

nel e nel

Look down.

The horse dial is
a variant of the Tower of Hanoi puzzle

Gurish

Man this game is so good, I really enjoy the open world aspect, I know believe in a ND open world game/ segments, even in TLOU2 they can give us some huge free roam sections where we can tackle objectives and side content however we'd like. Could be awesome.

simmias

Through Chapter 4 I thought this game was just OK, but after that it just became awesome. I did my first playthrough on Crushing and struggled a bit with the usual suspects (6 and 8), but overall it felt pretty fair. Enabling cheats to mop up some trophies after that felt like God mode.

I'll buy as many of these as they make.

Ricky_R

Finished the game one day before my second child was born and two days before hurricane Irma hit us o_O!!! (Sorry for the extra information. Felt it was interesting)

Anyway... Man, what a game. I'm a bit conflicted because I feel Uncharted 4 was a much more impactful experience to me and it hit in places TLL could never do, but man!!! I would be lying if I said that I didn't have as much, or even more fun with TLL than I did with A Thief's End.

I'm so glad there's enough talent at ND to keep the Uncharted train going later on if they're up for it. If they aren't then it's all good. They went out with a bang.

The game was a fucking amazing ride from beginning to end. They really are far ahead of the curve when it comes to entertaining rides like these. It's the reason why they're my fav dev by far.

That last chapter, breh. Damn!!!

That was incredible. Chapter 9 has the best setpiece of the series quite easily IMO.

My favorite Chapters were 4, 8, and 9. The fourth chapter for the cool open world aspect that took the series in a new direction. Chapters 8 and 9 for the action and setpieces.

I loved Uncharted 4 but the last 2 chapters of Lost Legacy really drove home that Uncharted 4 needed more of those heart pounding setpieces and gun fights. Uncharted 4 had too much walking around and climbing. Uncharted 2 found the balance so perfectly.

Alienous

I completed it, according to the game's statistics, in <7 hours, which surprised me. I think it was <6.5 hours, even. Strangely it felt longer.

With that in mind I'm not sure how people got 10 hours out of it. I completed the side quest, stopped to look for treasures frequently (ended up with ~40 I think), played on Normal. That said I did complete The Last of Us in 10.5 hours, and that seemed to be a 15 hour game for some.

Do combat encounters make that much of a difference? I usually started with a stealth approach, and I didn't feel like I breezed past them especially quickly.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
You beat it in under 7 hours? That is really fast, did you play on normal and not do the side stuff in Chapter 4?

Game shows my completion time at 4:45. But I played on Normal, didn't do the side quest, picked up maybe two treasures, took one photo (by accident), avoided Nadine like the plague, and made a point of forgoing stealth at every opportunity.

I had a blast, honestly.

Top Bottom