• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Alienous

TLOU Part II is going to be something really special.

I have no doubt.

Especially after the news from Jason Schreier recent book that confirms the suspicion that Uncharted 4 was the product of a really troubled development - a new game trying to salvage elements of an earlier version. The Lost Legacy, which by all accounts had a smoother development, carries a lot of the energy that I was afraid the series had lost after playing UC4.

TLOU Part II is going to be amazing, I'm sure.

Finished the game one day before my second child was born and two days before hurricane Irma hit us o_O!!! (Sorry for the extra information. Felt it was interesting)

Anyway... Man, what a game. I'm a bit conflicted because I feel Uncharted 4 was a much more impactful experience to me and it hit in places TLL could never do, but man!!! I would be lying if I said that I didn't have as much, or even more fun with TLL than I did with A Thief's End.

I'm so glad there's enough talent at ND to keep the Uncharted train going later on if they're up for it. If they aren't then it's all good. They went out with a bang.

The game was a fucking amazing ride from beginning to end. They really are far ahead of the curve when it comes to entertaining rides like these. It's the reason why they're my fav dev by far.

That last chapter, breh. Damn!!!

Feel this is where I stand as well. Uncharted 4 really hit me in the feels the way this doesn't. Bit unfair though.

I completed it, according to the game's statistics, in <7 hours, which surprised me. I think it was <6.5 hours, even. Strangely it felt longer.

With that in mind I'm not sure how people got 10 hours out of it. I completed the side quest, stopped to look for treasures frequently (ended up with ~40 I think), played on Normal. That said I did complete The Last of Us in 10.5 hours, and that seemed to be a 15 hour game for some.

Lost Legacy took me just under 12 hours.

The Last of Us took me just over 22 hours.

They both felt perfect. Not rushed, but also not moving too slow.

Played on Normal/Moderate.

flattie

Just finished LL and it has jumped straight to the top of the pile alongside 2, for me.

The pacing, length, story, characters, puzzles, combat and art design were all absolutely on point. Bravo ND; after slogging through 4, I didn't think I needed or wanted another Uncharted in my life. It seems I was wrong.

Just finished LL and it has jumped straight to the top of the pile alongside 2, for me.

The pacing, length, story, characters, puzzles, combat and art design were all absolutely on point. Bravo ND; after slogging through 4, I didn't think I needed or wanted another Uncharted in my life. It seems I was wrong.

Truth. Parts of U4 felt so much like slog (I liked it anyway), but LL is a fresh breeze so far. Loving the pacing and the graphics on the pro!

Now that I gave it some time to breathe, the fact still remains:

This is the best Uncharted ever.
Agreed.

I have no doubt.

Especially after the news from Jason Schreier recent book that confirms the suspicion that Uncharted 4 was the product of a really troubled development - a new game trying to salvage elements of an earlier version. The Lost Legacy, which by all accounts had a smoother development, carries a lot of the energy that I was afraid the series had lost after playing UC4.

TLOU Part II is going to be amazing, I'm sure.
Yep, it seems clear how those development issues impacted the game overall. TLoUII should be free of such troubles and we'll see the benefit from that.

Just finished this up yesterday and it blew me away how much more I enjoyed this over Uncharted 4. Maybe it was the switch from the original story to what we got after Hennig left. The length was perfect and the set pieces felt better executed. It also made me like
Sam's character more. Didn't really care for him in U4.
Overall really impressed with what the team accomplished. As many have said already, I can't wait to see what they do in TLOU part II.

jdstorm

Banned
Taking a break after a really long play session today.

Really like how this game is streamlined down to a single location. I'm a succer for single location games.

Is the climbing pick new? It felt very Tomb Raider 2013 (also really love that game)

Actually in many ways Lost Legacy feels tonally like what i whished "Rise of the Tomb Raider" had been.

I still dont like
Sam Drake
but its reasonably cathartic to fail sequences by letting them die.

The rain effects on the window in chapter 1 were incredible.

Bandit1

Really like how this game is streamlined down to a single location. I'm a succer for single location games.

Is the climbing pick new? It felt very Tomb Raider 2013 (also really love that game)

Actually in many ways Lost Legacy feels tonally like what i whished "Rise of the Tomb Raider" had been.

I still dont like
Sam Drake

The pick, (piton) was in Uncharted 4, but not the previous three games.

So, just started this game yesterday.
Looks good but i seem to be noticing a bit of a quality gap between Uncharted 4 and this (in graphics), or am i imagining it? The shaders most of all. Skin, etc. Textures even?
Also, smoke and waterfalls are very dithered. Distracting.

Anyway, it still looks good but i think there is a a bit less anal attention to every little detail like in Uncharted 4.
Having said that, the game is pretty good so far with amazing environments. I do think i'm getting a bit of Uncharted gameplay fatigue though. The climbing, the trial and error puzzles, etc.

But it's fun enough to keep on playing and i hope there will be some great set-pieces.

So, just started this game yesterday.
Looks good but i seem to be noticing a bit of a quality gap between Uncharted 4 and this (in graphics), or am i imagining it? The shaders most of all. Skin, etc. Textures even?
Also, smoke and waterfalls are very dithered. Distracting.

Anyway, it still looks good but i think there is a a bit less anal attention to every little detail like in Uncharted 4.
Having said that, the game is pretty good so far with amazing environments. I do think i'm getting a bit of Uncharted gameplay fatigue though. The climbing, the trial and error puzzles, etc.

But it's fun enough to keep on playing and i hope there will be some great set-pieces.
What chapter are you on?

I still dont like
Sam Drake

The best thing about this game...well one of them is that it doesn't try to make
Sam
seem heroic or as set up to being the next protagonist. He's mostly there as an annoyance and to bust up the dynamic a bit. Long story short the dude is in his rightful role as butt monkey.

I got to Chapter 4 last night, and as a long-time fan of Uncharted, Lost Legacy is pretty boring so far, especially since it toyed with my expectations of the first 2 chapters being excellent. Just for clarification, I really REALLY disliked the madagascar chapter of Uncharted 4 and consider it one of the worst parts of the game, and Lost Legacy seems like the whole game is designed with that chapter in mind.
Be honest with me GAF, does the game get any better?

hamchan

I got to Chapter 4 last night, and as a long-time fan of Uncharted, Lost Legacy is pretty boring so far, especially since it toyed with my expectations of the first 2 chapters being excellent. Just for clarification, I really REALLY disliked the madagascar chapter of Uncharted 4 and consider it one of the worst parts of the game, and Lost Legacy seems like the whole game is designed with that chapter in mind.

Yes. Pretty much becomes the same linear Uncharted after that chapter.

Sygma

What's so good about TLOU ? finished it for the first time yesterday, and I just can't understand the whole praise the lord coming from all reviews back then, outside of the technical marvel

TLOU 2 will surely be special on a technical point of view but they seriously need to do something more gripping as far as the story is concerned, it felt kinda underwhelming

Chapter 4 is its own thing.

Yes. Pretty much becomes the same linear Uncharted after that chapter.

Chapter 4 is its own thing.

Thank god, I'll play some more tonight then.

What's so good about TLOU ? finished it for the first time yesterday, and I just can't understand the whole praise the lord coming from all reviews back then, outside of the technical marvel

TLOU 2 will surely be special on a technical point of view but they seriously need to do something more gripping as far as the story is concerned, it felt kinda underwhelming

In my opinion, yeah TLOU is overrated but the characters, world, and gameplay are all top notch.
Just wish that the game was a bit longer as Spring felt kinda rushed compared to Summer and Winter.

Just finished this today. I really enjoyed it!

I love all of the Uncharted games and held off on this one for a bit because I wasn't sure how it'd feel playing an Uncharted without Nathan Drake. Mostly went in not knowing much about the game other than it was Chloe and Nadine as the stars.

I've gotta be honest, it was much better than I expected it to be. I knew it'd be good, but I didn't think it'd be that good. I always liked Elena more than Chloe but I had a blast playing as Chloe this time. The dynamic between Chloe and Nadine was excellent and it was really neat to see another side to Nadine Ross. I was pleasantly surprised to see Sam Drake come back (I don't love him but I don't hate him either).

I won't say anything about the graphics because they're jaw dropping like usual. I really enjoyed the story and due to the shorter nature of the game, I feel like the pacing was outstanding.

This game made me realize that I'd love to keep playing Uncharted in some form, which surprised me because I felt that Uncharted 4 capped the series off in a great way and I honestly was ok knowing that it was done. I'd love to see some more spin offs done with Chloe and Nadine, or even Sam and Sully too.

I never played Survival Mode until today, but it's FUN.

Never really gave Uncharted multiplayer a shot, but I did 20 waves of Survival, and I really love the co-op in this. Rushing to rescue allies and rope-swinging my way around, it's all really cool.

I came here to ask whether Chapter 4 is how the rest of the game is but see it's been answered. I'm enjoying chapter 4 but would've been bummed if it was the whole game.

I was skeptical that it would feel like Uncharted without Drake, but Chloe's dialogue is pretty good without just being Nate's lines delivered by a woman. Also I played through U4 before I got my Pro, and man the game looks amazing on a Pro. I might have to replay U4 after this.

I came here to ask whether Chapter 4 is how the rest of the game is but see it's been answered. I'm enjoying chapter 4 but would've been bummed if it was the whole game.

I was skeptical that it would feel like Uncharted without Drake, but Chloe's dialogue is pretty good without just being Nate's lines delivered by a woman. Also I played through U4 before I got my Pro, and man the game looks amazing on a Pro. I might have to replay U4 after this.

Yea I was wondering the same thing. Realized I didn't have to get all the
tokens
to finish the chapter so I just blazed through the
forts
. After that the game had a much better pace.

Just finished today. Definitely enjoyed the experience. Now waiting for TLOU2 lol

0R9TmW7.gif

XhE7jH0.gif

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I really enjoyed this game, it didn't feel like the cast was the B team. I liked that the encounters were more traditional/linear instead of being over huge spaces like Uncharted 4.

Can I ask, as a long time Uncharted fan (Platinumed 1-3), does Lost Legacy get any better?

I’m on Chapter 4 and I’m utterly bored rigid. Driving the jeep, stopping to view the map, driving a little more, stopping to view the map... utterly tedious.

Is this what the main part of the game is like?

Can I ask, as a long time Uncharted fan (Platinumed 1-3), does Lost Legacy get any better?

I’m on Chapter 4 and I’m utterly bored rigid. Driving the jeep, stopping to view the map, driving a little more, stopping to view the map... utterly tedious.

It turns into a regular Uncharted after that chapter but considering how you feel it'll never quite reach the level of greatness of the other games but there are some brilliant moments.

It falls just above Drake's Fortune for me (I love that game by the way but it's really old now) but it gets better, you still should be able to enjoy it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wrapped up the game finally(Crushing difficulty). Chapter 6 and Chapter 8 were the biggest pains in the ass. Not surprising both feature confusing and irritating means to taking out big vehicles with enemy waves. Neither as bad as the ship graveyard in U4(doubtful it could ever be topped in frustration), but after a joyous first 5 chapters, my opinion slunk on the game with those two encounters.

Still adored it overall. The finale setpiece didn't impress as it did for many(felt done before) but it was brusque and paced well enough that I can't fault it.

Had a great time and I may go back for the platinum, but some of the trophies are kind of tedious so I have second thoughts grinding them out(Crushing is the only one I really wanted).

Chapter 5 through the end is traditional linear Uncharted with all the bombast, combat arenas, explosive setpieces, and light puzzle-solving you expect. Only Chapter 4 diverges(and I loved that section personally).

It turns into a regular Uncharted after that chapter but considering how you feel it'll never quite reach the level of greatness of the other games but there are some brilliant moments.

It falls just above Drake's Fortune for me (I love that game by the way but it's really old now) but it gets better, you still should be able to enjoy it.

Wrapped up the game finally(Crushing difficulty). Chapter 6 and Chapter 8 were the biggest pains in the ass. Not surprising both feature confusing and irritating means to taking out big vehicles with enemy waves. Neither as bad as the ship graveyard in U4(doubtful it could ever be topped in frustration), but after a joyous first 5 chapters, my opinion slunk on the game with those two encounters.

Still adored it overall. The finale setpiece didn't impress as it did for many(felt done before) but it was brusque and paced well enough that I can't fault it.

Had a great time and I may go back for the platinum, but some of the trophies are kind of tedious so I have second thoughts grinding them out(Crushing is the only one I really wanted).

Chapter 5 through the end is traditional linear Uncharted with all the bombast, combat arenas, explosive setpieces, and light puzzle-solving you expect. Only Chapter 4 diverges(and I loved that section personally).

Thanks guys.

Have to say, if Chapter 4 is a potential new direction for the series, I’m out. It’s simply not fun for me.

Apparently I got a $10 off Lost Legacy code, which I don't need because I already got Lost Legacy o_O
Any Uncharted fans out there want it? If you haven't played it already you really should, specially for $30.

valkyre

I am about to jump in.

Can I ask something, is the game as punishing as uncharted 4 was? I felt way gangbanged in UC4 to the point that I did not enjoy it as much as I wanted.

EDIT: Holly shit does this thread feel dead... really surprised.

illusionary

I am about to jump in.

Can I ask something, is the game as punishing as uncharted 4 was? I felt way gangbanged in UC4 to the point that I did not enjoy it as much as I wanted.
I'd say not - Crushing seemed to me to be on the easier side of what we've seen from the previous games in the series. Worst case, you can use "lock-on aim" without even needing to complete the game once first.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Damn. This is one hell of a purtyy game. The game length was jsut right, didn't feel like like it over-stayed it's welcome at all. A good solid 6~8 hour experience.

valkyre

I reached at the start of Chapter 6 and holly shit this game is such a blast.

I hadnt seen any trailers or info about it deliberatly and I can say that while at the start of the game I was a bit reluctant, right now I am in complete awe of how interesting things are getting.

I am very surprised that this is Neogaf and this is an Uncharted game and it has only 60 pages going for it.

So far I can honestly say that I am enjoying this ride maybe even more than Uncharted 4... the gameplay is simply refined to perfection (for what it is) the encounters are awesome and the levels have great design, the pacing feels incredible and the unprecedented freedom (for an Uncharted game that is) make this a joy to experience...

Here I was thinking that after Uncharted 4, the game really felt like it had its run, but after playing this ... I just want more of this....

PS: And its beautiful... even prettier than Uncharted 4 (still 2nd place after Horizon as the most pretty game I have played)

Raonak

Banned
Finally finished it.

Liked the intro parts, the middle section is a bit slow but quite neat in how it broke up the formular. but the climax was fucking awesome!
I thought the trainyard would just be a neat easter-egg to U2, but when you actually hop on the train I was grinning ear to ear. Also sam drake was actually quite cool in this. He works pretty good as comic relief. also chloe and nadine dynamic was well done.

ND really knows how to make satisfying endings.

I love U4, but this really does nail the pacing where U4 dropped the ball a bit. Feels a lot more like U2.

Top Bottom