• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

shaneo632

I've had the game for a month and I've still not finished it. I'm on Chapter 7 and have a few free hours tonight but for some reason just can't be bothered. Makes me feel bad I am enjoying the game but something just isn't enticing me right now.

EDIT: OK, I forced myself to load it up and played through Chapter 7. I'm back in the game now I think. Like an hour left by the looks of it?

I just finished it, really excellent game. That last part was predictable but so much fun. I take back what I said before though, by the end of the game Chloe's dialogue is pretty much Nate's lines, although Chloe is not quite as goofy as Nate.
And crap, Sam is an asshole, repeatedly trying to leave Nadine behind and/or let the bad guys go blow up the city. Although he turns it around each time at least.

The one disappointment I had with the game is that I was kind of hoping to see some gameplay experimentation for the next round of Uncharted, it felt more like experimenting with new leads. Although I guess some of the melee is a bit different.

The game is classic Uncharted though, a blast to play even if you can see where the story/game is headed.

I need some help. No idea what I need to be doing right now ?

Collected all the tokens , unlocked the little monkey island bit and now what? Have all these marks crossed off on my map and no objective about what todo next ? Just endlessly driving around the open world I have already explored waiting for it to trigger something?

Edit - damn I am an idiot , did not even notice the big red circle on my map. Ignore me :)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I need some help. No idea what I need to be doing right now ?

Collected all the tokens , unlocked the little monkey island bit and now what? Have all these marks crossed off on my map and no objective about what todo next ? Just endlessly driving around the open world I have already explored waiting for it to trigger something?

You should go back to the big temple with the waterfalls. Once you hit up all the map points all the waterfalls should be going.

I think it's on the far left side of the map in the middle?

Finally got around to starting this the other day and I am in love! It feels like they took everything great about Uncharted 4 and just distilled it into a tighter package. I think I might go for the platinum trophy as a result. About how long is the game overall? I think I've played for about 4 hours so far but that includes getting distracted quite a few times.

Zukkoyaki

Put me in the LTTP club. Finally started it tonight and put in a few hours and it's sooo good! I loved 4 but I really think I'm enjoying this more. It's such a great, tight and focused package that feels more like the PS3 games than 4 does.

Finally got around to starting this the other day and I am in love! It feels like they took everything great about Uncharted 4 and just distilled it into a tighter package. I think I might go for the platinum trophy as a result. About how long is the game overall? I think I've played for about 4 hours so far but that includes getting distracted quite a few times.
7-9 hour range.

I got to borrow this from my friend the other day and yep it's Uncharted. One thing that irks me is it's kind of....slow. I'm on Chapter 5. Besides the beginning with the rooftop chase, I feel like there was more encounters and action in Uncharted 4.

I will say I'm so glad they didn't have another thing similar to a young Drake tutorial. Good job on that.

So i'm in chapter 4, and have found a bunch of collectables, but now i want to stop playing for the night. If i save and quit now, will it save all that, or do i have to restart all of it?

Just finished this. Absolutely loved it. Some of the sculptures and just architecture was absolutely astounding for this one. Best in the series imo. The comic relief was great and whilst I hated Nadine at the start, her character and what they went through together made me enjoy her a whole lot more by the end of it.

I'd put it right up there with U4. It was a tighter experience for sure, but I don't know which one I prefer.

Kumorin

Just started playing with the photo mode and I think there’s room for improvement. I work in television and video production and while I appreciate the number of options available it’s actually the input method that I think needs an update. What I’d like to see is for the controller to be integrated more thoughtfully.

Rather than pressing up and down to scroll through menus, give me shortcut options. Let me assign buttons to different functions. For instance, let me hold the circle button and use the analog stick to set aperture rather than have it all locked away in menus on different tabs. That way I can tweak focal distance in-between setting other functions. Let me use the touchpad to set the value so it goes quicker. As is, I find the whole thing too time consuming and cumbersome.

I do understand that it’s “added content” and not intrinsic to one’s enjoyment of the game but it seems like something people really enjoy and I only want to enrich that further.

Nuts2U

Finished it, loved it. Better than U4 by a mile.

No idea why they put that long cart pushing/pulling "puzzle" in Chapter 8, seemed to just waste time, but that's my only complaint.

Bunga

Finally finished this last night and whilst it was undeniably a good game I went through it with a strong feeling of meh/seen it all before. I mean even the
final chapter/set piece was honestly a let down for me as it'd been done in U2

I'm glad I bought and played it for the characters but that's about it really. I won't remember anything outside of chapter 4 which I'm only remembering because it was a departure from the Uncharted norm.

Marvel

could never
Finished this two days ago and forgot to post my thoughts.

Well I think it is my fave UC game or at least number 2. Chloe has always been my favorite character in the series and I wished she was the main playable character. LL scratched that itch, but also was written well enough ao that you really got to know/understand her a little better.

Nadine is always great, not huge on Sam in anything. Fights were paced better too.

Loved this.

I just hope the combat system from 3 returns in the future. The whole specific dodge button, more knock out animations and the grab you could do was excellent. Rolling around to avoid being punched will always be idiotic and clunky to me. I miss dragging people and throwing them up against shit for finishers.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Am I crazy or was there a skip puzzle option in UC4 but not LL? It's really annoying having to search Youtube when you're stuck.

So far it's my least favourite in the series, it feels like a stripped down, budget version and well it is so I guess I can't really complain, but I'm just not enjoying it that much.

thumb

Banned
This is my favorite Uncharted game. The puzzles were great, the wide-open area that let me choose what to engage with, the combat was fun without relentless waves of enemies, and the characters were superb. Naughty Dog has really learned how to make a great Uncharted game.

boostedcivic8

Neo Member
So I think I'm stuck on chapter 4. I did the 3 things on the map plus the tower in the middle. I'm trying to get to the last thing circled on the top left corner of the map, but there seems to be no way to get to it. I'm so confused.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Just finished this.

I dont see how anyone can say it tops Uncharted 4 or is the best in the series lol.

Not a fan of those super large open world sections though, Chapter 4 in this and Madagascar were the worst parts of each game imo.

Final setpiece was a welcome throwback to UC2. Had a good time overall, just felt like there was a lot of rehashing from past games down to even the set pieces.

UC2>4>LL>3>1

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Just finished this.

I dont see how anyone can say it tops Uncharted 4 or is the best in the series lol.

Not a fan of those super large open world sections though, Chapter 4 in this and Madagascar were the worst parts of each game imo.

Final setpiece was a welcome throwback to UC2. Had a good time overall, just felt like there was a lot of rehashing from past games down to even the set pieces.

UC2>4>LL>3>1

Yeah, I have to agree. A game with an area this big needs more than a narrative and simple collectables to give those open spaces validity and reason. It just becomes a chore to find the next narrative beat. I really hope they don't make the same mistake with TLOU2. God, that would be awful.

I still got enjoyment out of it but, even though I've still got things to collect, one playthough is enough.

photogaz

I liked it but I felt the same as others, took me 2 months on and off to complete it as it was missing something. Considering the game came out pretty quickly and was cheap, they've done well. However, I'm not sure Kurt and Shaun are near the level Neil and Bruce as a team are.

Saying that, what is Bruce Staley upto now he left NG.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Lost Legacy did what I never thought would happen - surpass Uncharted 2 as my best and favorite game in the series. Lost Legacy takes the visuals and gameplay of Uncharted 4, the melee of Uncharted 3, the set pieces of Uncharted 2 and the feeling of it being the "start" of something new in the original Uncharted. Excellent gameplay all around, great action set pieces, excellent pacing, great story and characters and one hell of an ending sequence and great boss fight. The main reason I have Lost Legacy as number one in the franchise is simple - Uncharted 4 was a disappointment to me to where I was happy the franchise was dead but Lost Legacy brought me right back to where im hoping that it will be a trilogy.

For me, it's Uncharted: Lost Legacy (9.5/10), Uncharted 2 (9.5/10), Uncharted 3 (9/10), Uncharted 4 (8.5/10) and Uncharted 1 (8.5/10).

Top Bottom