• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection announced, October 9th, UC4 MP beta access

Eggbok

skins are odd if they aren't including multplayer.

Probably day one, depending what else is coming out though - looking like a crowded Q4. Multiplayer beta sounds good though - I'd ignored UC multiplayer but TLoU MP got its hooks into me.

Skins aren't odd, you could play through Uncharted and Uncharted 2 campaigns with character skins from everyone in the game.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The only thing I don't know about is the fact they'll be introducing a bunch of new people to the franchise with 60fps games, then dropping the sequel at 30fps months later. Gonna feel totally different.

Are they targeting 60fps for U4's MP maybe?
If they can implement the low latency and incredible motion blur that The Order had, it won't feel that much different. The UC4 they showed so far didn't have that kind of motion blur though.

Messiek

Yeees! I jumped into the ps3 too late to enjoy any of these games, so ...
Can't wait to enjoy Uncharted for the first time on my PS4 : )

Servbot24

Banned
I am actually pretty thrilled that they are focusing on gameplay and graphics improvements rather than multiplayer. We have Uncharted 4 beta for that. :)

kewlmyc

So no Multiplayer? I'm fine with that. Hopefully they fix UC1's mediocre gameplay mechanics.

Wonder how the hell they're going to fit this on one disc.

No multiplayer? This just stopped being a day one purchase. :/ I like the singleplayer campaigns a lot, but I was also looking forward to getting back into the multiplayer. The UC4 beta is cool, but it doesn't make up for it since that won't be around forever.

Ape

Banned
Well, they better put a lot of work into the first one. That game is garbage by today's standards. Essentially this would be 2 games for me, with the third game being mediocre. HOWEVER the second game is one of the best on the PS3.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm not sure that remastered collection is the kind of thing that should be deemed a major announcement, even if it is for generally well-received games.
Halo MCC announcment at E3 was very well done, and everyone online and in the crowd went pretty crazy. I thought it was nice. But if Druckmann said the announcement was gonna happen today anyway...

farisr

Now this is one remaster I can blindly buy without having to worry about it being a crappy quality product.

PirateKing

My PS3 is in the closet, permanently retired, and I've never finished Uncharted 2 or played Uncharted 3.

Also, 1080p/60fps is totally worth double-dipping for, as it was for The Last of Us. Actually, the increased resolution and framerate will benefit Uncharted's setpiece heavy action even better than it did TLoU.

Pretty much. I'll grab it down the road cuz I love Uncharted but 60fps will definitely benefit from it. No Golden Abyss is bummer even though that's the worst one imo.

Loudninja

Well, they better put a lot of work into the first one. That game is garbage by today's standards. Essentially this would be 2 games for me, with the third game being mediocre. HOWEVER the second game is one of the best on the PS3.
Garbage really?

iNvid02

no remaster will ever have MP again, MCC scared everyone shitless

there will prob be a thousand other ways to get into the UC4 MP beta too, so not worth pre-ordering for that alone

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Never got around to playing these games. Definitely gonna be playing them on PS4. Can't wait. Just hope they are as good as people make them out to be.

Lakitu

st5fu
Think I'm going to skip this, especially if Fallout 4 releases this year and I've played them all to death. Just want UC 4.

Still, good to have them all in one place and Bluepoint are handling it? Excellent.

No multi makes me real sad. Still buying though.

No multiplayer? This just stopped being a day one purchase. :/ I like the singleplayer campaigns a lot, but I was also looking forward to getting back into the multiplayer. The UC4 beta is cool, but it doesn't make up for it since that won't be around forever.

On the bright side, at least we know BluePoint didn't stretch themselves to hell and back trying to include multiplayer at the detriment to the overall collection quality.

Single player across all three should be A+ but it does suck if all you wanted was MP.

I'm really hoping that Andrew House is not going to use this to make another dumb snarky jab at Microsoft at E3 lol.

Seems like a great deal though.

Chatin

I imagine 3D has been dropped from U3. That's too bad. Would have liked to see it with more power behind it.

BahamutPT

Never got around to play Drake's Fortune and the MP mode in Uncharted games never really interested me much, so I'll bite depending on the price.

Revven

I mean, I think if the collection came out last year they would have included MP somehow but because it's coming out so close to UC4 (just shy a few months) it would be terrible to split the multiplayer base up like that. Granted, most would probably migrate to UC4 there are definitely those diehards who love UC2 MP to death (myself included, if it's the 1.04 version of the game).

Sad they didn't include it but I'll live. Single player getting additional content in all three games is great! Especially if in 3 they give us cheats/skins.

e_i

I beat all the the UC games. Will I do again?
Fuck yes

Maybe I'll skip the god awful final boss fight in UC2.

dancmc

Will not buy unless the graphical improvements truly truly astound; and not just like Last of Us improvements.....

Although I love the uncharted series; I have decided to not support this remaster trend (already bought and barely played MCC and TLOU)

Yessss! I'm so buying this. I can't wait to replay all three games again. I can handle no MP in this, since we are going to get the UC4 multiplayer beta with this anyways. I just hope the UC4 multiplayer is more like UC2s multiplayer. I wasn't too into the UC3 multiplayer, so I hope it's nothing like that.

scitek

Or they don't want to fracture the Uncharted player base before 4 drops.

Yeah, that's good reasoning, too. Like I said, though, I hope they target 60fps for U4's MP, or it's going to feel really off to people introduced to the series with this collection.

Top Bottom