• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncovered FFXV Event page source hints at PC (maybe boilerplate code) [Up: Removed]

kswiston

Considering Rockstar Social Club codes were sold in every other store, I'd guess that the amount of non-Steam copies would be larger.

Even still, it's just a guess.

All of the other stores combined aren't as big as Steam. Even after a concentrated effort to drive sales to their own platform, and even with crazy before and near launch discounts of 40%+ on places like GMG.com, the Steam version of The Witcher 3 quickly outsold the GOG Galaxy version that everyone else offered.

Rockstar didn't actually make any special effort to drive sales away from Steam (they just wanted people using their social club online component), so my guess is that the ratio was much lower than The Witcher 3's.

At the very best, the PC version was the second worst selling version.

Socivol

Type-0 kind of tanked. I wonder if word of mouth hurt it.

It should have tanked, it was just not good enough to be a full priced retail release. Had it been a discounted price of maybe $30 I don't think people would have been so critical of it.

Type-0 kind of tanked. I wonder if word of mouth hurt it.

Later release, word of mouth, marketing hype died. That's why same day and date release is important. I believe it would've sold the same... but at twice the price.

Even though, Type 0 HD didn't seemed to have performed well anywhere.

Later release, word of mouth, marketing hype died. That's why same day and date release is important. I believe it would've sold the same... but at twice the price.

It's probably at 500k+ at PS4.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
It should have tanked, it was just not good enough to be a full priced retail release. Had it been a discounted price of maybe $30 I don't think people would have been so critical of it.

It was sold for about $30 on steam at launch.

Hektor

And no Episode Duscae.

It's hard to tell how representative that is, but here on GAF there were a decent amount of people that bought it for the demo primarily or exclusively.

kswiston

Type-0 will slowly climb in sales like FF13-2 has on Steam, but I think it is the sort of game that will have people waiting for a $10 or less price tag.

kswiston

ah perfect, thank you.

Solid numbers apart from Type 0.
now lets see how 9 will do

I think that S-E will release Final Fantasy IX at the $19.99 price point on Steam. Steam users will see that 7 and 8 are $11.99, and will remember picking those games up for $6-8. This, combined with the fact that Final Fantasy on Steam is no longer novel, will lead to comparatively weaker sales. S-E will conclude that people still dislike FF9.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Seems like the current gen consoles are really holding this game back visually so I'll be very glad when they announce the PC version. This just seems like one of those games where the experience difference will be night and day.
But technical stuff aside, it's always great to have more Final Fantasy on PC. :)
Day 1.

Steam did Type-0 wrong.

I bought the game and I can't even run it properly, lolololol.

(I thought my PC could run PSP games just fine but apparently not)

Gbraga

And no Episode Duscae.

It's hard to tell how representative that is, but here on GAF there were a decent amount of people that bought it for the demo primarily or exclusively.

Yep, still didn't play Type 0, bought for Duscae and invested many hours into it.

So close...

SE, don't do FFXV like Type 0. Total bs that T0s pc version got announced 3 short months after the console version released and came out 3 months after that. Never mind that it leaked on Amazon the October prior.

You really want to chance double dippers that badly?

No. Within the week, or same day. There's a reason that Namco Bandai went from 10 months later with Dark Souls 1, to 1 month later for Dark Souls 2, to Dark Souls 3 on April 12th for all versions. Hype sales > Double Dippers.

chozen

So close...

SE, don't do FFXV like Type 0. Total bs that T0s pc version got announced 3 short months after the console version released and came out 3 months after that. Never mind that it leaked on Amazon the October prior.

You really want to chance double dippers that badly?

No. Within the week, or same day. There's a reason that Namco Bandai went from 10 months later with Dark Souls 1, to 1 month later for Dark Souls 2, to Dark Souls 3 on April 12th for all versions. Hype sales > Double Dippers.

I think a lot of people would pirate it on release if it were on PC launch day tbh, possibly lowering console sales and sales over all.

I think a lot of people would pirate it on release if it were on PC launch day tbh, possibly lowering console sales and sales over all.

They have Denuvo now, remember?
They've tested it with JC3 and Tomb Raider. Releasing the game at the same time with consoles is a huge possibility now.

chozen

They have Denuvo now, remember?
They've tested it with JC3 and Tomb Raider. Releasing the game at the same time with consoles is a huge possibility now.

I think I know some people who have already pirate Tomb Raider tho, pretty sure pirates find their way around anything.

*Edit, im reading up on it now you are right they never found away around just cause 3

I think I know some people who have already pirate Tomb Raider tho, pretty sure pirates find their way around anything.

Yeah, but we've been through that discussion a lot.
Despite the Witness fiasco from Blow's blog, it turns out that PC and PS4 shares about the same amount of sales. Piracy has nothing to do with PC games sales. If the game is good, people will buy it, while pirates gonna pirate as usual.

SparkTR

*Edit, im reading up on it now you are right they never found away around just cause 3

They haven't found a way around Tomb Raider yet either, those people are lying or talking about the wrong game.

chozen

They haven't found a way around Tomb Raider yet either, those people are lying or talking about the wrong game.

I meant a friend of mine torrented it but never started up the install for tomb raider. But it won't work cause he has no crack.

But from what I read it seems the Denuvo works and it actively encrypts and decrypts itself so cracks don't work like a one time charm anymore.

Daeoc

Knew it would come eventually, hoping this means it won't take as long as I thought it would. It may be the game to push me into upgrading my GPU(I have a 7950 atm) depending on how the game is optimized. .

Top Bottom