• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale (PS4/Vita) |OT| Sans Keyboard

Finally as soon as I get home later tonight I can do the last few things for the
True Pacifist ending

I was thinking of doing the
Genocide ending
on my PS Vita but I'm not evil.

That's how I feel too... but my curiosity
is about to get a lot more than just cats killed.....

That specific run pushed the game from "Oh this is cool" to "This game is something special."

Full spoilers,
the major stuff is crazy as you'd expect, but there's a lot of little small things
like Tsunderplane's extremely loud explosion.

DNAbro

That specific run pushed the game from "Oh this is cool" to "This game is something special."

Full spoilers,
the major stuff is crazy as you'd expect, but there's a lot of little small things

I laughed so goddamn hard at that because I didn't expect it.

Gradon

Full spoilers,

My god, when
Tsunderplane blew up I freaked out, it was horrifying.

Also, what I love most about the (Route Spoilers)
Genocide Route, is how much it tries to make you stop what you're doing. The kid and the dummy come to mind.

OniBaka

You know what's messed up about this boss? I'm going feel so accomplished when I beat, them only to forget what you're actually doing.

Getting closer.

Crayolan

Just tried this and it seems easier on PC with the arrow keys than on vita dpad. Is it considered cheating if I practice the 2nd phase from that?

It's only cheating if you spoil yourself on attacks you have yet to reach.

But don't rely on that simulation too much, the physics aren't perfect (or at least they don't feel 1:1 with the game to me), so if you get too used to playing that way it might mess with your muscle memory in the actual game.

Full spoilers,

Best small thing in that route:
when you check the dog food in Alphys's Lab, it says "that reminded you of something funny." That's so morbidly dark it's kind of hilarious.

Erdrick

I got to said boss fight above... Woah. Gonna take some work to beat that one. After my first "attempt" (lol) I just kind of put my controller down and said, "Yeah I'm done for now."

I'll try later.

RiggyRob

Woof, this game is weird.

We've kind of fallen into
doing a no-kill run considering Act and Mercy seem to be just as effective if not more so that Fight would be. Not to mention they're just more interesting options anyway!

The
Toriel
fight trying to
guilt trip you into attacking her is a new twist too, do people really kill her on their first go?

Con_Smith

Banned
Metatron keeps fucking my shit up right before I get to 10,000. I think I need to get some bicicles and to get good.

Doing a pacifist run now, flower is right. Some of these fights I just want to smash face.

Woof, this game is weird.

We've kind of fallen into
doing a no-kill run considering Act and Mercy seem to be just as effective if not more so that Fight would be. Not to mention they're just more interesting options anyway!

The
Toriel
fight trying to
guilt trip you into attacking her is a new twist too, do people really kill her on their first go?

i did, because when you lower the health of normal monster, you can spare them without talking to them... since talking to toriel wasn't working, i thought it was the solution.... BUT NO, near the end you do a critical hit, killing her instantly.... man i felt bad, but i decided to keep going like that and redo the game later, i'm assuming my mistakes, haha

I have this on PC but never played much because it didn't have controller support. Finally getting a chance to see why people are crazy about this one.

Gradon

I also don't remember it having controller support, I had to use one of those fancy pants programs to set my PS4 buttons as keys on the keyboard. Maybe I just had a compatibility bug?

Alec

I also don't remember it having controller support, I had to use one of those fancy pants programs to set my PS4 buttons as keys on the keyboard. Maybe I just had a compatibility bug?

It didn't have "real" controller support. I used a Steam controller and downloaded a key-bind.

EDIT: Apparently I'm wrong... http://undertale.wikia.com/wiki/Joystick_Config

The Joystick Config is a menu accessible from the Start Menu. The option to enter this menu only appears if a controller is plugged into the computer when Undertale launches.
If two devices that are recognized as a gamepad are plugged in, the game may ignore the presence of one of the input devices; unplugging the other input device causes the gamepad to be immediately responsive. This occurrence may be a glitch or oversight.

So maybe I just had some weird compatibility thing going on and it wasn't detecting. But I did end up using a Steam controller.

Finally finished my first playthrough. Don't know where to begin other than complimenting how great that final boss fight was. Quite possibly the best boss fight I ever played, which is amazing considering how much simpler it is than stuff from games like God of War, the Souls series etc. that have the advantage of bigger budgets and teams.

A question about
replaying the game:
do I just hit continue on the main menu and then restart within the game, or do I just click reset?

Syril

Funny enough the controller support on the PC version is basically a built in joy to key. If you hit buttons in another window while the game was open it would actually type Z, X, and C.
Finally finished my first playthrough. Don't know where to begin other than complimenting how great that final boss fight was. Quite possibly the best boss fight I ever played, which is amazing considering how much simpler it is than stuff from games like God of War, the Souls series etc. that have the advantage of bigger budgets and teams.

A question about
replaying the game:
do I just hit continue on the main menu and then restart within the game, or do I just click reset?
Choose Reset if you want to replay from the beginning.

A question about
replaying the game:

it depends, if you didn't killed anything, and did the right condition in certains fights, you can just continue and do what the phone call at the end told you! If not you have to reset!

Just go a walkthrough on how to do
the true pacific run or the genocide run!

Also about the last fight, you should see what happen in a playthrough on PC,
When flowey absorbs the souls, the game CRASH, you're left here wondering if the game glitched and you have to redo everything, haha, and then you relaunch the game, and the intro is glitched, big mindfuck! THe game also crash when you die against flowey

Day 3 and still struggling, when will this nightmare end.

Determination!

I don't
want to let Asriel go...please it's not fair...he doesn't deserve this...don't make me doom him to an existence as a flower again...he's a hero...please don't let it end like this...

I'm crying.

I don't
want to let Asriel go...please it's not fair...he doesn't deserve this...don't make me doom him to an existence as a flower again...he's a hero...please don't let it end like this...

I'm crying.

you have to move on, it's okay, don't worry! Also do the
genocide run
, you'll learn more about him and why everything turned like this

of course it had controller support... i did it with a controller at the time

It has controller support. I even beat the game with a DualShock 3. What are you talking about?

Maybe I'm misremembering then bc I definitely remember struggling to get my controller working. Although I did have some issues with my Bluetooth dongle that I was using at the time so it may be me going crazy and putting those two things together.

Crayolan

A question about
replaying the game:

About the final boss:
If you spared them,
do exactly as Flowey said to do. If he told you to "load" the game, Continue. If he told you start from the beginning, Reset.
If you killed them,
did you kill anyone else throughout the game, other than Asgore? If so, reset. If not, continue.

you have to move on, it's okay, don't worry! Also do the
genocide run
, you'll learn more about him and why everything turned like this
I
talked to him after he let everyone go later on in the tiny flower field after I found out that you can visit the ruins again during your good bye time. That plus the True Laboratory just made his story way more tragic considering what he was actually trying to do when he and Chara were one. That plus the fact that he will go crazy again after he transforms back into Flowey just ruined me.
And his quote about being careful in the human world since they have "many Floweys" fits so perfectly in this day and age.

I DON'T WANT TO MOVE ON!

I
talked to him after he let everyone go later on in the tiny flower field after I found out that you can visit the ruins again during your good bye time. That plus the True Laboratory just made his story way more tragic considering what he was actually trying to do when he and Chara were one. That plus the fact that he will go crazy again after he transforms back into Flowey just ruined me.
And his quote about being careful in the human world having "many Floweys" fits so perfectly in this day and age.

I DON'T WANT TO MOVE ON!

you have to, for your new friends, they need you! (damn i'm so cringy right now, haha)

xclk07

So I'm a bit confused with all the multiple
endings
and the way the game manipulates them. I haven't started yet and I want to see everything, so... (spoilers from here on out):

From what I can gather, the only permanent change to the game is if the genocide run is completed, correct? After this, one can only get the "soulless" endings? Therefore, in order to see everything, I should look at the permutations of the neutral endings, then the true pacifist ending, then complete the genocide run, then see the soulless endings?

If the above is true, isn't there still a way around this? Delete game data/save data and then run through the game 1+ times? Neutral w/o killing anyone and all the completions and then you can hit the true pacifist ending anyhow, right?

Ferrio

Banned
Just play the game, you can't mess anything up. People bringing up how to play makes it even more confusing for newcomers when there's really nothing to worry about.

So I'm a bit confused with all the multiple
endings
and the way the game manipulates them. I haven't started yet and I want to see everything, so... (spoilers from here on out):

From what I can gather, the only permanent change to the game is if the genocide run is completed, correct? After this, one can only get the "soulless" endings? Therefore, in order to see everything, I should look at the permutations of the neutral endings, then the true pacifist ending, then complete the genocide run, then see the soulless endings?

If the above is true, isn't there still a way around this? Delete game data/save data and then run through the game 1+ times? Neutral w/o killing anyone and all the completions and then you can hit the true pacifist ending anyhow, right?

JUst play the game completly blind the first time, then you choose between
true pacific or genocide
, that's its! don't worry about anything else! If you want to know more it's in the spoiler tag (i didn't spoil any content of the game)

all the neutral ending just change the final dialogue a bit, you really should just watch them on youtube, it's a big waste of time to do everything! Beside that, the souless ending only change one screen at the end of the true pacific, so i would also say just watch it too!

But yeah, once you did the genocide, it's locked and you can't change it (the true pacific run will be exactly the same except the last screen like i said)! You can altere your save on pc but i doubt you can do it on ps4 unless you erase everything

megalowho

The
Toriel
fight trying to
I killed her because I thought you had to, felt bad, restarted, decided to stick with my original decision, and then I got called out for restarting just to kill her twice.
That's when I knew the game was good.

it depends, if you didn't killed anything, and did the right condition in certains fights, you can just continue and do what the phone call at the end told you! If not you have to reset!

Just go a walkthrough on how to do
the true pacific run or the genocide run!

Also about the last fight, you should see what happen in a playthrough on PC,
When flowey absorbs the souls, the game CRASH, you're left here wondering if the game glitched and you have to redo everything, haha, and then you relaunch the game, and the intro is glitched, big mindfuck! THe game also crash when you die against flowey

Determination!

About the final boss:
If you spared them,
do exactly as Flowey said to do. If he told you to "load" the game, Continue. If he told you start from the beginning, Reset.
If you killed them,
did you kill anyone else throughout the game, other than Asgore? If so, reset. If not, continue.
Okay cool. I totally
killed the sweet goat lady on accident
. Reset it is.

Aizo

Banned
Did none of them ship yet?

There was a first wave that was supposed to be out by launch that sold out really quick, then a second bigger wave targeted for December.
Mine says it won't ship until next month. Kinda made me want to cancel haha.

Mine says it won't ship until next month. Kinda made me want to cancel haha.
All preorders on the initial run of the CE were always scheduled to arrive in September. They announced that beforehand and it even showed on the product page.

Any preorders made after the first run sold out are scheduled to arrive in December. That's why many (like me for example) double-dipped on both physical and digital version.

john tv

All preorders on the initial run of the CE were always scheduled to arrive in September. They announced that beforehand and it even showed on the product page.

Any preorders made after the first run sold out are scheduled to arrive in December. That's why many (like me for example) double-dipped on both physical and digital version.
Yeah, sorry for the wait (sincerely!), but we've been super clear about ship dates since the moment we announced this (precisely because we didn't want people to be disappointed). :)

Yeah, sorry for the wait (sincerely!), but we've been super clear about ship dates since the moment we announced this (precisely because we didn't want people to be disappointed). :)

Do you still get the PSN theme when you order the Collector's Edition for December arrival?

Top Bottom