• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unit 13 |OT|

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
That wouldn't make much sense due to its shooting mechanics ("aim assist").

i thought that could have been adjusted for deathmatch gameplay types. (adjustable/no aim assist) The demo is fun though... decisions decisions....

demolitio

That wouldn't make much sense due to its shooting mechanics ("aim assist").

Well, they made SOCOM work on the PSP with lock-on and manual aiming online so it's not like aim assist would break the game online, especially if it had a range just like the lock-on in FTB2. I think the controls are smooth enough for a good MP game, but I've said it a lot, I view Unit 13 as their experiment with the Vita and a test for a new SOCOM game on Vita.

Not saying this should automatically have online, but rather just saying that aim assist wouldn't rule out a good MP game and they could easily just get rid of it online too. I wish there was online but I'm not disappointed over it since I see what they're trying to do and like it for a nice on-the-go game.

It says a lot about the game when people want MP for it though so they should be happy people feel comfortable with it.

i thought that could have been adjusted for deathmatch gameplay types. (adjustable/no aim assist) The demo is fun though... decisions decisions....

Just get the damn game and add me already. No decisions are necessary...just give in to impulse purchases! :p

If you could replay the demo mission over and over again then you'll love the full game. There's always shit to do.

demolitio

I'm having trouble deciding where to grab this or the show......

If you have a PS3, get The Show on it sometime. I think Unit 13 is the better portable game but The Show's gameplay is still amazing even if the graphics were underwhelming. It looks good in some parts and crappy in others which is a shame. A very solid game though, so it's really up to you. I think Unit 13 is just a great game to have for a handheld as it fits so well with the idea of playing anytime and anywhere.

Remember that you can get $10 off a Vita game at GameStop with a coupon which is where I got Unit 13. Then I got both the PS3 and Vita versions of The Show for $79.99 which came to $28 after 2 trade-ins. :D

A good day to follow one of my worst days yesterday which is usually how it goes after seeing my doctor...lol

Mattiator

If you have a PS3, get The Show on it sometime. I think Unit 13 is the better portable game but The Show's gameplay is still amazing even if the graphics were underwhelming.

Remember that you can get $10 off a Vita game at GameStop with a coupon which is where I got Unit 13. Then I got both the PS3 and Vita versions of The Show for $79.99 which came to $28 after 2 trade-ins. :D

A good day to follow one of my worst days yesterday which is usually how it goes after seeing my doctor...lol

Well thanks for the advice :)
I may end up with thirteen for now, but doin the 2 for fifty trade in and grabbing the show package seems legit

Have fun, sorry to hear about having a terrible day.

Seventy5

So.......has anyone gotten to the first HVT mission yet? I just tried it about 6 times in a row, it's tough! It seems more like a puzzle level than anything. It's pretty sweet, probably going to try it later over co-op. Gotta charge the Vita now, went from full charge to empty on this game. Good shit.

yencid

You guys remember the throwing arm in fucking call of duty 4?

fucking baseball grenades.

So.......has anyone gotten to the first HVT mission yet? I just tried it about 6 times in a row, it's tough! It seems more like a puzzle level than anything. It's pretty sweet, probably going to try it later over co-op. Gotta charge the Vita now, went from full charge to empty on this game. Good shit.
Phoenix? I just beat it, all in stealth. it was fucking bad ass.

NateDrake

Really addicting. Yes, the AI is dumb as hell & suddenly aggressive but the game is fun & I want to get 5 star on everything. Has that RE Mercs addictive quality to it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just bought this. Kind of an impulse purchase, but I wanted more after the demo. Too bad I don't have much time to play it.

Great. Downloaded it, and 45 seconds after starting the first mission the sound cut out. I exited the game, reopened it, and then the game froze. I tried to turn my Vita off by holding the power button, and now it's frozen on a black screen with the little loading symbol spinning in the middle.

Maybe I just had shit luck and this is an isolated case, but beware!

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm thinking all I can do is wait for the power to drain and go from there...

EDIT: finally got the system to turn off, now starting the game again. We'll see. I think this happened on the demo once where the sound cut out. Seems there's a patch for the game on the livearea. I'll see if that helps.

Pachimari

There's some amazing glitches, even in the final game. Enemies shooting through the wall, weapons getting stuck in the environment, the game crashing the whole system, sound gone and the camera going bananas. There's a lot of glitches, yet it's addicting and I keep telling myself "one more mission".

I'm playing through this all night.

Ken

Great. Downloaded it, and 45 seconds after starting the first mission the sound cut out. I exited the game, reopened it, and then the game froze. I tried to turn my Vita off by holding the power button, and now it's frozen on a black screen with the little loading symbol spinning in the middle.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm thinking all I can do is wait for the power to drain and go from there...

EDIT: finally got the system to turn off, now starting the game again. We'll see. I think this happened on the demo once where the sound cut out. Seems there's a patch for the game on the livearea. I'll see if that helps.

That doesn't sound good.

Defuser

I got the same problem too but now there's no problem.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I thought the demo was the final game and I just needed to buy it. Turns out the final game is bigger, and I have to download the entire game on top of leaving the demo loaded so I can preserve my demo save. Lame

UFRA

Liquid, don't you go getting too far ahead now while I have to work.

It will be fun if we do some/most of these missions fresh.

Although the dynamic mission thing is pretty awesome.

Flunkie

Banned

Sounds just like the demo, awesome. Staying away until they patch this baby up.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
***Notice to all digital buyers of Unit 13***

There was a glitch of some sort that made digital copies of U13 not register online passes automatically. Sony says a redownload "later tonight" should fix it, and if not they'll issue digital passes over the phone tomorrow.

Anyways, this game is awesome. I love it so far. Today's daily challenge seems crazy hard; need more time with the game!

Raonak

Banned
2012-02-22-010738tgab9.jpg

holy shit. thats a FAMAS on the gun rack! I haven't seen one of thoes since MGS1. :O

DenogginizerOS

There was a glitch of some sort that made digital copies of U13 not register online passes automatically. Sony says a redownload "later tonight" should fix it, and if not they'll issue digital passes over the phone tomorrow.

Anyways, this game is awesome. I love it so far. Today's daily challenge seems crazy hard; need more time with the game!

Will we have to redownload the game?

naib

Aw shit. Only one attempt? I think I killed everyone. Got 2 double kills with grenades, rescued the journalist, bit didn't exit in time. Pretty tough after only trying the first few missions.

Came here to ask about the online pass. Guess I'll redownload tomorow.

Anyway. Awesome game so far. Is it just me or does the framrate seem better than the demo? Feels better anyway.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I like it so far. It's ugly, on both a artistic and technical level, but the controls are tight and the gunplay is surprisingly fun. Hit reactions are great, poppin' domes with the silenced pistol is damn satisfying. After playing Uncharted, I wish it had gyro aiming, but analogue aiming is considerably better in Unit 13. Haven't had much time to play it due to Mass Effect 3 and work, but it seems like a cool, addictive little shooter. Good stuff.

JWong

Banned

Umm my physical copy online pass is screwed too.

aro52

Here's an odd question: How do I re-play the tutorial?! There's a Trophy for playing through it, but since I already did it in the demo, the final game never gave me the option. (or so I can't seem to find yet...)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The elite missions are so good. I kind of wish there was no health regen or checkpoints in any mission type, but that could get frustrating. It's tense, though.

Umm my physical copy online pass is screwed too.

Yikes, I bought digital but the multiplayer stuff was blocked off. I figured it was because I'm playing offline, but I guess not. Dammit Sony.

billsmugs

Here's an odd question: How do I re-play the tutorial?! There's a Trophy for playing through it, but since I already did it in the demo, the final game never gave me the option. (or so I can't seem to find yet...)

I believe it's in the options (under "other options" if I'm remembering it right), so just tap the gear/cog on the bottom right of the main menu and it will be in there somewhere.

Afeter 9 pages I'm sure this has been said.

There needs to be a patch.

This patch needs to contain the following:

There are some door glitches that caused my friend and I to completely quit out of Unit 13 and restart the game.

When we completed the first mission together, it unlocked the 2nd one for him, but not for myself. He stated that he did beat it on SP by himself and I'm sure that had something to do with it. There just isn't any progression if there is no point to completing one together in CO OP without having to unlock the next by doing it in SP as well :(

For those of un the UK and Ireland, we get to wait until Friday after all -.-

That's some real bullshit. Fuck retail, fuck physical releases. What's the point of digital distribution if it's constantly hampered by piece of shit retail stores? Was hoping to get two solid evenings to play this through before Mass Effect 3 arrives, guess I'll wait to pick it up now.

Massa

That's some real bullshit. Fuck retail, fuck physical releases. What's the point of digital distribution if it's constantly hampered by piece of shit retail stores? Was hoping to get two solid evenings to play this through before Mass Effect 3 arrives, guess I'll wait to pick it up now.

The point of digital distribution is having a copy of the game on your Vita at all times. Games will still have a release date with or without digital distribution...

Massa said:
Games will still have a release date with or without digital distribution...

Yet while I wait for SCEE to push the update button at what ever time they see fit on Friday, shops like ASDA & Tesco are already selling retail copies ahead of the release date. So I can't buy the digital copy ahead of the retail release date, because apparently those same shops will pitch a fit, but I can go buy a copy from an unscrupulous retailer ignoring the release date? Nice.

Defuser

This is bullshit,I tried to join 2 coop and host twice and I still can't get to play,it either the player or me that leaves unexpectedly. Fucking bullshit i tell ya.

DenogginizerOS

This is bullshit,I tried to join 2 coop and host twice and I still can't get to play,it either the player or me that leaves unexpectedly. Fucking bullshit i tell ya.

I wonder if they have disabled online coop until those of us who bought digitally get the online codes we didn't get.

Top Bottom