• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Universal Studios developing Gears of War movie

Busty

Banned
This is why you aren't a film maker...

It wouldn't be hard to translate this into a major film franchise... it would just take the right script treatment and vision, like any movie. Whether we get the proper treatment and vision or just a quick cash grab however is another thing entirely.

Ha. Two or three years from now when you bump this thread wondering what happened to this project be sure to think of me.

sullytao

Set it in the same universe as the game and base it around emergence day from different points of view, keep the violence and gore and you could have a good summer flick.

Dabanton

If they wanted to be really cheap just make it like 'Assault on precinct 13' but with CoG stuck on an outpost vs some Locust

First announced as a project in 2007. Popped back up with news in 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2013.

It's an almost certainty that it doesn't actually get made.

Exactly, why they keep trying to animate a dead corpse doesn't make too much sense to me. Maybe they'll wait to see how Assassin's Creed does first before actually moving forward with it.

Do people actually care about the plot in gears of war?

I just finished 3 last weekend and couldn't tell you anything about the story aside from it being kind of like Halo CE.
Maybe, just maybe they can write original story setting in Gears universe? It doesn't have to be adaption of trilogy and probably won't be.

JimiNutz

Banned
The Gears movie was supposedly in development years ago so I'll believe it when I see it.

Personally I think a CGI/live action hybrid would work best. Something in the style of Sin City or 300 where there is lots of CGI backgrounds to give it a more comic book theme. The gore needs to be way over the top like Kill Bill or Sin City.

Have someone like Robert Rodriguez or Del Toro direct.

Who am I kidding... This will be terrible lol

Top Bottom