• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unknown movies from your country you'd reccomend to watch.

Well yesterday I've watched Oldboy and it struck me that I really haven't seen many movies from countries other than America or England.
I assume majority of users here are from Land of the Free, or Canada, but for sure there are some people from all over the world - it'd be fun to share some gems from your country and recommend something to watch :)

I'll start ;p

Seksmisja/Sexmission (1984)

The two protagonists, Max and Albert, submit themselves in 1991 to the first human hibernation experiment. Instead of being awakened a few years later as planned, they wake up in the year 2044, in a post-nuclear world. By then, humans have retreated to underground living facilities, and, as a result of subjection to a specific kind of radiation, all males have died out. Women reproduce through parthenogenesis, living in an oppressive feminist society, where the apparatchiks teach that women suffered under males until males were removed from the world. The cold-shoulder treatment Max and Albert receive from the women, their character differences and specific realities of future life serve as background of many humorous encounters. The plot thickens when it turns out that the females have no interest in the rebirth of men, and that for the good of society, the two males are to be killed or "naturalised," i.e. undergo a sex-change...

-

Dzień Świra/Day of the Wacko (2002)

Day of Wacko is a dark comedy from the director of the internationally acclaimed Nothing Funny. Day of Wacko depicts a day in the life of a 49- year-old elementary school teacher who is completely disillusioned with his reality. As he looks for causes for his unhappiness, he blames his neighbors, his mother, his student, everyone but himself. But things wont turn around until he first takes a serious look at his own pathetic self.

Note: Plenty of people say in poland "the older you get, the less funny it becomes" lol.

Anki

Banned
Lol i have it on original vhs somewhere in the basement :)

i am not from finland but i like this movie a lot:

Airola

Of Finnish films, you should watch all 20 Uuno Turhapuro movies.

GFfZEXy.jpg

Uuno Turhapuro even had a game for Commodore 64!

It's one of the hardest games ever made.

Last edited:

LokusAbriss

Knockin' on Heaven's Door 1997 - Germany

Two young men, Martin and Rudi, both suffering from terminal cancer, get to know each other in a hospital room. They drown their desperation in Tequila and decide to take one last trip to the sea. Drunk and still in pajamas they steal the first fancy car they find, a 60's Mercedes convertible. The car happens to belong to a bunch of gangsters, which immediately start to chase it, since it contains more than the pistol Martin finds in the glove box.

Manta, Manta 1991 - Germany

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Well yesterday I've watched Oldboy and it struck me that I really haven't seen many movies from countries other than America or England.
I assume majority of users here are from Land of the Free, or Canada, but for sure there are some people from all over the world - it'd be fun to share some gems from your country and recommend something to watch :)

Haha, good picks. I will post one of the most fucked up movies i have ever seen but I think it's also surprisingly good.

SZAMANKA - LOTS of nudity and sex scenes so NSFW (eng subs in settings)

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
No idea, from what I hear they decline in quality with each one. That first one is a tight little sci fi package though, really fun.

I am a fan of cheesy horror movies I guess. They definitely dropped in quality but it's always fun for me to see what the trap is going to be when they drop into the next room.

sol_bad

Can we please also show how these films can be watched?
Streaming service, digital rental, DVD, blu ray etc.

So there's this Swedish low budget horror movie called Det Okända (the Unknown) that always creeped me out. It's on Youtube but unfortunately without subs.

Another good one is Ondskan (Evil) from 2003. It was runner up for best foreign movie at the Oscars so I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

Top Bottom