• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unknown Realms (PS3) screens

This was known as Monster Kingdom at E3

h-104_59734_event.jpg.jpg

h-104_59734_machi.jpg.jpg

h-104_59734_elen4.jpg.jpg

h-104_59734_youseikai04.jpg.jpg

h-104_59734_youseikai14sentou.jpg.jpg

h-104_59734_sensoukai02.jpg.jpg

h-104_59734_kaiteikai01.jpg.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/09/08/104,1157685700,59734,0,0.html

Looks nice.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Ah, so Kameo with "more realistic" characters? Screens are kind of small to analyze, but it doesn't look too bad.

Edit: And I am definitely in the minority here.

Owzers

the one screen with the purple goo weapon looks exactly like Nightmare Before Christmas the game's weapon.

Gherkin

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
What's up with all the mini-PS3 screens? Did this become a portable in the last week or so?

PSP is huge there, they upload all their PS3 shots onto them and then hang them in museums gallerys.

GeoramA

Darn. I'm still going to add this to my watch list. Not too many interesting looking RPGs in this era of dime-a-dozen shooters.

White Man

Since developers can't really get away with target renders without taking heat, I think small screenshots are going to be the method of choice to hide bad textures.

No criticism on the game, mind you. But look at those DMC4 shots -- in the pics the same size as these, it looks great. When you see a larger pic, it looks underwhelming.

ethelred

DarknessTear said:
Honestly, judging graphical quality out of microscopic screenshots? You can't even see the ****ing detail!

What he said.

The game looks nice, even if it's not the most technically advanced offering around anyway. The artwork is fantastic.

Still, I have to say I'm disappointed it's going to be an action game instead of a standard RPG like Jewel Summoner.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
*sigh*

Next gen screenshots getting released at smaller than PSP resolutions. PSP screenshots getting released at next gen resolution.

Such a crazy mixed up industry.

White Man said:
Since developers can't really get away with target renders without taking heat, I think small screenshots are going to be the method of choice to hide bad textures.

No criticism on the game, mind you. But look at those DMC4 shots -- in the pics the same size as these, it looks great. When you see a larger pic, it looks underwhelming.

I don't think that's the case at all. This is just the way Japanese(or shall I just say Famitsu) websites have always been.. It doesn't matter what system we're talking about, the pictures put out by Famitsu will always be tiny.

White Man said:

Well just in hte case of this its pretty much all you can expect from Famitsu's site and many other Japanese sites. They release small screens of current gen games also. But usually other sites get the higher res versions to post.

Top Bottom