• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uno for the Switch vs the mobile version

HBP

So Uno for the switch is on sale this week and I have seen conflicting impressions of it online. I play the Gameloft version on my phone often, so I wanted to see if any of you have had experience with the Switch version and if it is enough of an upgrade (online especially).

rhoq

So Uno for the switch is on sale this week and I have seen conflicting impressions of it online. I play the Gameloft version on my phone often, so I wanted to see if any of you have had experience with the Switch version and if it is enough of an upgrade (online especially).

I haven't played the mobile game, but I did get drunk the other night and bought Uno for my Switch when I saw that it was sale. When online works (it has issues to connecting) it's as fun as you'd expect. It instally brought back the fond memories of when I'd play Uno on the XBox 360. In it's current state though, with the bugs I'd say it's not worth paying more than $5 for.

HBP

I haven't played the mobile game, but I did get drunk the other night and bought Uno for my Switch when I saw that it was sale. When online works (it has issues to connecting) it's as fun as you'd expect. It instally brought back the fond memories of when I'd play Uno on the XBox 360. In it's current state though, with the bugs I'd say it's not worth paying more than $5 for.

That's a bummer, the mobile version is fine but it is pretty nagging about the IAPs. I used to play the 360 version a lot (so yes I saw a lot of dicks).

Just looked at the Switch version again... 1.9GB for Uno WAT?

rhoq

Holy shit, I just read my reply and it sounds like English is my second language. That's what I get for posting while my boss is standing next to me, trying to start and impromptu meeting. LOL

rhoq

That's a bummer, the mobile version is fine but it is pretty nagging about the IAPs. I used to play the 360 version a lot (so yes I saw a lot of dicks).

Just looked at the Switch version again... 1.9GB for Uno WAT?

Funny, I was just telling a co-worker yesterday about the shit you'd see while playing Uno on the 360. Fun times. So glad the Switch doesn't have video chat capabilities!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Like previously mentioned, when online works it is great fun, but it often has issues connecting to the servers which inexplicably boots you back to the main menu. This is very annoying. It is also plagued by people logging out halfway through a game when they are losing, but I guess that happens with many online games.

In saying that, I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of people online.

The game also suffers from bugs (had a few freezes and crashes) and the Ubisoft logo at the beginning is even laggy lol. Signs of a quick and dirty port.

Still, everything I have mentioned feels like it could be fixed in future updates. I’ve enjoyed my time with the game, it is great as a quick pick up and play when watching tv, but I wish I had got it for the sale price, due to the aforementioned issues.

Top Bottom