• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PSVR) announced

Carl

Supermassive did an incredible job with Until Dawn and i see no reason to doubt that this spin-off will be anything less than stellar. If i end up buying PSVR i will definitely grab this (and a stack of new underwear0

Corpekata

Banned
Don't know why "it started off this way" is supposed to be convincing anyone of anything. People liked the game they played, not some amorphous 5 year old idea nobody experienced.

It's mildly interesting trivia, and that's about it.

The more I think about this particular character in Until Dawn the more this makes sense.

The question is, will Peter Stormare be back? Oh I hope so.

Ponn

Banned
These are the type of games that would get me on board with VR. I also would like a creepy underwater game like Soma. I feel like underwater horror games are under represented and VR would be a perfect time to exploit that abyss.

Ludens

Banned
Totally unfair. It will cost people who choose not to purchase it zero dollars and zero cents.

What I mean is, Until Dawn got a fan-base for what it proposed...in Until Dawn. One thing is making the DLC compatible with the base game BUT you can also use your VR to "enhance" the experience, another thing is making it VR exclusive so people interested in it but with zero interest into VR will feel ripped.

In general I don't like games binded to a specifice device within the same platform, because I can be interested into a game, but maybe I am not interested at all into VR.

UrbanRats

What I mean is, Until Dawn got a fan-base for what it proposed...in Until Dawn. One thing is making the DLC compatible with the base game BUT you can also use your VR to "enhance" the experience, another thing is making it VR exclusive so people interested in it but with zero interest into VR will feel ripped.

In general I don't like games binded to a specifice device within the same platform, because I can be interested into a game, but maybe I am not interested at all into VR.

Wait till Half Life 3 is a VIVE exclusive game!

Loudninja

Executive Producer Simon Harris is talking while wiping my sweat off a Playstation VR headset. I just finished playing seven minutes of his new game, Until Dawn: Rush of
It’s funny that he mentions people rolling their eyes because less than 24 hours before this, I was sat in Sony’s Paris Games Week conference rolling my eyes as Rush of Blood was announced as one of Sony’s new virtual reality experiences. Here’s a studio that created one of the best horror games in recent years, Until Dawn, now busying themselves with something as antiquated as as on-rails shooter. This, however, is exactly where Harris and his studio Supermassive Games want us.

“People expect a certain something with an on-rails-shooter, and we can play with their expectations and those conventions to really frighten players.”
This might sound like exec talk but a few minutes through the Rush of Blood demo after meandering along through a spooky house, I feel my attention drawn away from the front of the screen; I move my head and point my guns to the side using the two Move controllers in my hands... nothing there. Then when I turn back to face the front, there’s a mangled up old witch screaming in my face. I let out the manliest of shrieks. Rush of Blood uses a lot of clever sound design to draw your attention to specific places on the screen so that it can really scare you, and I fall for pretty much every single one during the demo.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/28/until-dawn-rush-of-blood-isnt-your-typical-on-rails-shooter

Sjefen

Whats up with all the trash talk?? In the trailer he said they developed both games at the same time. Anyways will not play, I can barely play a horror game in full daylight with the sound on mute.

Top Bottom