• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Post-launch PS Vita titles

Grimmy

Banned
Upcoming VITA titles (North America)

Since a number of people in the big thread asked about what are the upcoming games for the Vita, I figure I should just put all the titles into one handy thread.

03/06
- MLB 12: The Show (SCEA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoWandis4Fo
18959.jpg

- Unit 13 (SCEA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQz2qst0yeI
unit-13-2011112211531vgkn2.jpg

- Motorstorm RC (SCEA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cASfalm5OV4
motorstorm-rc-2011112crk2z.jpg

- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)

03/13
- Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted (505 Games)

03/20
- Ridge Racer (Namco Bandai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4WY0JxWL7M
xHDad.jpg

03/27
- Reality Fighters (SCEA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIDNJViTf4Q
9VRkn.jpg

- Silent Hill: Book of Memories (Konami)
spv240e9407om.jpg

03/??
- Sumioni: Demon Arts (XSEED Games)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjYB8wPY2MQ
Xkxzt.jpg

- Stardrone Extreme (Beatshapers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDguVb-v38
stardrone.jpg

04/02
- Mortal Kombat (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6FDdfyRbbU
mortal_kombat_vita.png

04/17
- Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (NIS America)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaVQzZtC5As
jlibm.jpg

05/29
- Gravity Rush (SCEA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYYK6wKqw8c
U6cHs.jpg

- Resistance: Burning Skies (SCEA)
resistance-burning-ski17y1.jpg

08/28
- Madden NFL 13 (EA Sports)

TBA
Alien Sidey (Enigma SP)
alien_spidy816e8w.jpg

Dragon's Crown (UTV Ignition Games)
dragons-crown-20110607e7qt.jpg

LittleBigPlanet (SCEA)
8KpdI.jpg

Putty Squad Vita (System 3)
putty-squad-2011112303akox.jpg

SoundShapes (SCEA)
Gv1wQ.jpg

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Sega)
wDciT.jpg

Warrior's Lair (SCEA)
ruin-20110816005110022x7we.jpg

Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft)
Bioshock (2K Games)
Call of Duty (Activision)
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (BBC Worldwide)
Dungeon Defenders (Reverb Publishing)
Dust 514 (SCEA)
Final Fantasy X HD (Square Enix)
The Flying Hamster HD (The Game Atelier)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Mad Blocker Adventure (Open Emotion Studios)
Marvel Pinball (Zen Studios)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (Just Add Water Developments)
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Just Add Water Developments)
Orc Attack (Casual Brothers)
The Pinball Arcade (FarSight Studios)
Puddle (Neko Entertainment)
Pure Chess (RebelPlay)
Retro City Rampage (VBlank Entertainment)
Robot Rescue Revolution (Teyon)
Street Fighter X Tekken (Capcom)
The Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (Alawar Entertainment)
Troopies (Bloober Team)
Urban Trials (Tate Multimedia)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection (Konami)

Overseas Titles with Localization Possibilities:

Ciel no Surge (Gust)
cielnosurge.jpg

Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (Aksys Games) - announced for 3DS
extremeescape.jpg

Lord of Apocalypse (Square Enix)
QzRBt.jpg

New Little King's Story (Konami) - announced for Europe
HMFoy.jpg

Persona 4: The Golden (Atlus)
persona2012002_buuip.jpg

Ragnarok Odyssey (XSEED Games)
y9SqP.jpg

Samurai & Dragons (Sega)
samurai-dragons1.jpg

Tales of Innocence R (Namco Bandai)
021f7fy.jpg

Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees (Falcom)
FoqE3.jpg

DJ Max Technika Portable (CyberFront)
Frobisher Says! (SCEE)
Malicious (Alvion)
Time Travelers (Level 5)

PSP Titles (compatible with VITA)

03/06 Major League Baseball 2K12 (2K Sports)
06/12 Gungnir (Atlus)
gungnir_screens_japan_01.jpg

07/24 Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time (Atlus)
growlanser4.jpg

TBA
Black Rock Shooter (NIS America)
screenshot_psp_black_rock_shooter020.jpg

Grand Knights History (XSEED Games)
GrandKnightsHistory.jpg

Here's hoping there's some big E3 announcements. System looks nice and I'd like to pick one up, but there's still really nothing I want to play on it outside of Gravity Rush, unless I grabbed FFX and ZoEHD instead of getting them on consoles. Might be nice to have portable.

Kerrby

Banned
We have a good stream of games until April, May is a bit dry along with the months after that.

Chances we'll see new game announcements at GDC in two weeks?

Durante

I'm really looking forward to games like Gravity Rush, Sumioni and even FFX HD, but when DJ Max Technika is released my life is over. Talk about "killer app". I actually forgot all about that until I read it in the list. Holy shit.

Afrikan

Sony is publishing Dust514? Is that just for the portable version, or does that mean Dust514 is truly going to be exclusive?

I figured there was a chance it might release on the WiiU.

StuBurns

Banned
Sony is publishing Dust514? Is that just for the portable version, or does that mean Dust514 is truly going to be exclusive?

I figured there was a chance it might release on the WiiU.
Why did you think WiiU? Wouldn't 360 have been the more natural expectation?

As far as I know, it's fully Sony exclusive. It's not even on PC, which is a very poor decision I think.

Grimmy

Banned
You should probably noted that Motorstorm RC & Ridge racer are already out in the EU

It's why my heading clearly says North America on top. Otherwise it makes no sense to put Frobisher Says in the localization possibility list.

DiscoJer

um........what were u expecting? I think that's a pretty good line up actually.

Borderlands 2? X-com? Darksiders 2? Ghost Recon? NCAA football?

I would have hoped it would have gotten some of the bigger games also heading for the PS3.

lantus

Really looking forward to playing Final Fantasy X on Vita. It's been sooo long. I think it's actually better suited for Vita than PS3 as well, hopefully Square doesn't fuck it up.

Grimmy

Banned
Borderlands 2? X-com? Darksiders 2? Ghost Recon? NCAA football?

I would have hoped it would have gotten some of the bigger games also heading for the PS3.

If that's your expectation then you should sell your Vita right now. It's not happening.

DiscoJer

If that's your expectation then you should sell your Vita right now. It's not happening.

That's why I haven't bought a Vita yet.

The only thing that separates the Vita from the 3DS or iOS is the potential to do console quality games on a handheld. But it needs those console quality games - things like Gravity Rush and Frobisher says aren't going sell Vitas

Gustav

Banned
Great thread! Thanks.

You're missing the "New Irrational Game"
Still hoping for some open world WRPG for the console. Would be great.

Thoraxes

I think it's pretty good. It's better than the 3DS's first year lineup that's for sure. And I'm sure we'll get some more announcements at E3.

Still actually not a full year into it's lineup, I would have to completely disagree with you as of right now.

Looking forward to what Sony has to show at E3 though. Should be good I would hope.

But Gravity Rush clearly is a "console quality" game.
The game design looks catered to a portable experience, imo. That's exactly what I love about why i've been hearing about it too; it's a great portable title.

Durante

The game design looks catered to a portable experience, imo. That's exactly what I love about why i've been hearing about it too; it's a great portable title.
It's good that you feel this way, but it was in development for a long time as a PS3 title.

StuBurns

Banned
Oh - we know it's Bioshock?
We know it's BioShock in name certainly, if it's like other ones or not, who knows. Levine said it's a game he's wanted to make for years, but didn't know of a fitting platform, which implies it's not going to be gameplay wise the same thing, to me at least.

Gustav

Banned
We know it's BioShock in name certainly, if it's like other ones or not, who knows. Levine said it's a game he's wanted to make for years, but didn't know of a fitting platform, which implies it's not going to be stylistic the same thing, to me at least.

Totally forgot it was supposed to be a BioShock title. Thanks!

Basically Levine came out at E3 and said, hey, a Bioshock game would be pretty cool on this, btu it would have to come after Infinite, and we have no plans to port Infinite to it because we would rather make a game catered to the system. There's no details, and I doubt that it's anywhere near anything solid at this point in time.

Basically, it's like when Sakurai finds out he has to make the next Smash Bros. game because someone who knows him says they heard Iwata promise a new Smash Bros. game next year.

Haha!

Thoraxes

Oh - we know it's Bioshock?

Basically Levine came out at E3 and said, hey, a Bioshock game would be pretty cool on this, btu it would have to come after Infinite, and we have no plans to port Infinite to it because we would rather make a game catered to the system. There's no details, and I doubt that it's anywhere near anything solid at this point in time.

Basically, it's like when Sakurai finds out he has to make the next Smash Bros. game because someone who knows him says they heard Iwata promise a new Smash Bros. game next year. The game didn't start development, but it was more about getting the announcement and hype out there for people to grab on to.

They still nothing really calling out for me at all, Need more handhold type games everything just feel so boring and been there done that

need more VITA only games

StuBurns

Banned

Basically, it's like when Sakurai finds out he has to make the next Smash Bros. game because someone who knows him says they heard Iwata promise a new Smash Bros. game next year. The game didn't start development, but it was more about getting the announcement and hype out there for people to grab on to.
They specifically said they have a second team in-house. It could be well into development already.

It's good that you feel this way, but it was in development for a long time as a PS3 title.

And then it was in development as a Vita title. Who knows how much it has changed in terms of structure?

After spending 20 hours with the thing, it has very clearly, in its final form, been designed to be a great portable title.

Thoraxes

Yeah, and that's fine.

I like that it has the little hub-based area-play, short timed quests/mission, and the free-roaming aspects. It seems nice to just play for a little while after I hop on the train, or am waiting between classes. If it came out on the PS3 as originally intended and had the gameplay structure in it's current form, I probably would've waited for a price drop or something, but as a portable game it's got my money right away.

They specifically said they have a second team in-house. It could be well into development already.
I guess I can't say you're wrong, and I can't say i'm right; so we will do this the old-fashioned way: wait till E3 and with any luck, people will hammer Levine on this in interviews.

Edit: I'm Google fu-ing right now, but I can't see anything about it. Was it an interview or a news report?

Double Edit: Ahhhhh.

StuBurns

Banned
I guess I can't say you're wrong, and I can't say i'm right; so we will do this the old-fashioned way: wait till E3 and with any luck, people will hammer Levine on this in interviews.
I've just been googling, and I guess bad news for some people, but good news for me, Levine has alluded to BioShock PSV being handled out of house, which means the second team there must be on something else. That'd be awesome.

um........what were u expecting? I think that's a pretty good line up actually.
More games, more handheld games (lees ports of PS3 games).. more dates.

TBA we don't know, maybe it's this year, maybe next, right?
That leaves quite an empty schedule, also considering the list includes PSN games.

Could be way beter

I think the doom and gloom is getting to me. I fear come gdc, e3, and tgs, Sony will announce some sony published games, and western party game is all port or spin off while 3rd party jp dev is just hd port of old games and no original new games at all.

Ronian

Neo Member
I am only interested in 3 games... Gravity Rush, Ys IV and Persona 4. MAYBE New Little Kings Story. But I dont like the new art style :/

Top Bottom