• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Welcome aboard! Can you talk a little about the process thus far? I'd love to know more. :)

Without announcing anything, do you have any more releases lined up?

What is the turnaround time on carts? Are they made in the US?

Can talk too much about the process, but we are avid collectors of physical games. Who doesn't like seeing their games on a shelf proudly displayed?

We do have other releases lined up with more in the works as we speak. :)

The games are manufactured by Sony and are region free.

cj_iwakura

What's our little group of Vita collectors again? Sondar, Galdius, Dallow, Ninjamicz, Kresnik, Barajas and myself?

I go physical when I can, but I'm picky about my LEs. I don't buy an LE if I think the contents are worthless.

Corpse Party, yes. P4DAN, hell no.

Shizuka

I'm not even sure I count as a collector, considering I tend to open all my limited-run physical games and play them :p

Sure you do, I've seen you talk about your Vita collection. I don't keep most of my games sealed as well.

And me :) Got around 200 Vita games (A mix between Euro, USA and Japanese imports) along with 64 GB worth of digital only titles!

You should share your collection with us! Pictures, lists, that way we know what we're missing and maybe you're missing too.

I go physical when I can, but I'm picky about my LEs. I don't buy an LE if I think the contents are worthless.

Corpse Party, yes. P4DAN, hell no.

Never thought you had that many Vita titles. I agree with your Corpse Party and P4DAN comparison, it's crystal clear that the P4DAN is a tad overpriced.

Me too. =')

Over 100 physical releases~

Oh right, I knew I was forgetting someone! I remembered avatars but not names! I'm thinking of coming up with a group of Vita collectors so we can come up with a gallery comprised of pictures of our collections, just for people that say the Vita has no games and people unaware of the platform's might.

Can talk too much about the process, but we are avid collectors of physical games. Who doesn't like seeing their games on a shelf proudly displayed?

We do have other releases lined up with more in the works as we speak. :)

The games are manufactured by Sony and are region free.

Awesome! I hope you keep posting on here, as we would all love to stay informed about future releases.

redcrayon

Hmm, my preorder of Trails of Cold Steel on Amazon UK has had a release date slip to 29 January next year. That's a shame, was looking forward to getting stuck into it at Christmas.

Nightbird

Question:

I'll be buying VLR in a few Days from the big EU sale, but i was wondering:

Do i need to play 999 before VLR? Because it will be kinda hard to get that Game for me, so it would be great if this isn't the case

Question:

I'll be buying VLR in a few Days from the big EU sale, but i was wondering:

Do i need to play 999 before VLR? Because it will be kinda hard to get that Game for me, so it would be great if this isn't the case
Although some will tell you it's not required most will tell you, myself included that yes, you should play 999 before, on a DS for the full impact too. These games are part of a trilogy (Zero Escape), VLR takes place after 999 and references events from the previous game.

Nightbird

Although some will tell you it's not required most will tell you, myself included that yes, you should play 999 before, on a DS for the full impact too. These games are part of a trilogy (Zero Escape), VLR takes place after 999 and references events from the previous game.

Would it be enough to try to find a spoiler-free source where i could read up what happend in 999? Or even a let's play?

because getting 999 as game will not be easy for me, and i try to avoid emulation as long as i'm playing rom-hacks

Would it be enough to try to find a spoiler-free source where i could read up what happend in 999? Or even a let's play?

because getting 999 as game will not be easy for me, and i try to avoid emulation as long as i'm playing rom-hacks
Again there is a reason why I said you should play it on a DS. I'll leave it at that so I don't go into spoiler territory. There is an iOS version of the game but it strips all of the gameplay mechanics, and again there's the fact that you aren't seeing it on a DS. Maybe watching a Let's Play of the DS version would be a good idea. Idk how it would work though since in order to see the True Path, you need to see all of the other branches before. Each one of these put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Nightbird

Again there is a reason why I said you should play it on a DS. I'll leave it at that so I don't go into spoiler territory. There is an iOS version of the game but it strips all of the gameplay mechanics, and again there's the fact that you aren't seeing it on a DS. Maybe watching a Let's Play of the DS version would be a good idea. Idk how it would work though since in order to see the True Path, you need to see all of the other branches before. Each one of these put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Okay, i will watch a Let's play and hope that it goes to the true end. Thanks for helping me out! :)

Okay, i will watch a Let's play and hope that it goes to the true end. Thanks for helping me out! :)

No problem. Hope you enjoy, 999 is one of the greatest VNs of all time. Although not as great in my opinion VLR is excellent as well. Can't wait for ZE3 to come, I was so happy the day it was announced aha.

This is about 999, isn't it.

All I can say is that you gotta play it on a DS. If you don't have one, emulate it (via dumping the ROM to PC or another platform of your choice). Don't play on iOS or go for an LP. The game's like 20 dollars on Amazon, probably one of the best 20 dollars you can spend in all of gaming. (Last resort: No commentary LP of DS version)

edit:

Virtue's Last Reward is the GOAT. 999's the close second.

Enjoy

Interesting interview with Limited Run Games here:

http://www.pocket-console.com/2015/10/an-interview-with-limited-run-games.html

-4-
MAC: You mentioned on Twitter that PS4 projects would have a lower production cost than Vita, so will that be a focus early on over Vita titles? Are Sony products going to be the main focus for now?

JF: Sony consoles and handhelds are the main focus right now, and that's due to how progressive Sony is with allowing smaller publishers to do physical runs. I can't go into detail, but their minimum order quantities are incredibly reasonable compared to Microsoft and Nintendo. I don't get the feeling that either of the latter want to waste their time with smaller print runs. This is just one more reason on the pile of reasons to develop for Sony.

Due to the proprietary cartridge format of Vita games, production costs are about 50% higher. With our earlier releases we plan to stagger them by releasing PS4 discs first, when possible, followed by Vita carts. We'd do this to utilize any gains from the PS4 run to fund the Vita run. That said, we definitely plan to publish Vita exclusive games - we'll just have to stick to smaller print runs on those until we've built up our funds a bit.

-5-
MAC: What are your plans for working with other devs on limited print runs? Anything in the works already?

JF: We currently have a list of over forty games that we'd love to bring into the physical realm. It's a good mix of PS4 and Vita titles both upcoming and already released. We're already in talks with a few developers and their games are awesome - I wish I could say more! If any of your readers have a favorite game that isn't available physically, they should definitely feel free to drop our name to that game's developer.

Interesting interview with Limited Run Games here:

http://www.pocket-console.com/2015/10/an-interview-with-limited-run-games.html

-4-
MAC: You mentioned on Twitter that PS4 projects would have a lower production cost than Vita, so will that be a focus early on over Vita titles? Are Sony products going to be the main focus for now?

JF: Sony consoles and handhelds are the main focus right now, and that's due to how progressive Sony is with allowing smaller publishers to do physical runs. I can't go into detail, but their minimum order quantities are incredibly reasonable compared to Microsoft and Nintendo. I don't get the feeling that either of the latter want to waste their time with smaller print runs. This is just one more reason on the pile of reasons to develop for Sony.

Due to the proprietary cartridge format of Vita games, production costs are about 50% higher. With our earlier releases we plan to stagger them by releasing PS4 discs first, when possible, followed by Vita carts. We'd do this to utilize any gains from the PS4 run to fund the Vita run. That said, we definitely plan to publish Vita exclusive games - we'll just have to stick to smaller print runs on those until we've built up our funds a bit.

-5-
MAC: What are your plans for working with other devs on limited print runs? Anything in the works already?

JF: We currently have a list of over forty games that we'd love to bring into the physical realm. It's a good mix of PS4 and Vita titles both upcoming and already released. We're already in talks with a few developers and their games are awesome - I wish I could say more! If any of your readers have a favorite game that isn't available physically, they should definitely feel free to drop our name to that game's developer.

Thanks for posting that!

Looking on amazon today - over the past couple of years, I've bought Vita games that seemed to have limited print runs because I thought they'd only get higher and higher in price.

Amazing Spider Man I paid £28.00 for, WRC 4 I paid £22.00 for (PAL copies)

Amazon has both brand new - £23.00 for Spider Man and £16.00 for WRC 4. Guess they got reprinted. I got duped :(

mitchlol

From the current EU PSN sale are there any Vita titles worth picking up?

I am considering the following:

Megaman Mav X

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (is this a grindy game??)

Child of Light

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? (What is this game all about?)

Prinny 2: (Thoughts? which is better 1 or 2?)

Which of these are the pick of the litter?

Looking on amazon today - over the past couple of years, I've bought Vita games that seemed to have limited print runs because I thought they'd only get higher and higher in price.

Amazing Spider Man I paid £28.00 for, WRC 4 I paid £22.00 for (PAL copies)

Amazon has both brand new - £23.00 for Spider Man and £16.00 for WRC 4. Guess they got reprinted. I got duped :(

Oh yeah, WRC 4 on Vita actually did get a reprint recently (abooout three months back?) Really not sure why they bothered though, considering WRC 5 is due out so soon!

From the current EU PSN sale are there any Vita titles worth picking up?

I am considering the following:

Megaman Mav X

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (is this a grindy game??)

Child of Light

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? (What is this game all about?)

Prinny 2: (Thoughts? which is better 1 or 2?)

Which of these are the pick of the litter?

Megaman Maverick Hunter X and Child of Light for sure. Mav X is an excellent remaster of the original adding a new playable character (that has a brand new final boss) and all new fortress levels. Plus its based on my favourite of the X games.

Child of Light is the only RPG I've managed to finish this generation. Its a beautiful and straight forward game that has decent enough combat and nice areas to explore. I definitely recommend grabbing both.

Turnstyle

Some nice belated releases for EU folk this week:

Quiet Collection
Actual Sunlight
1001 Spikes

I was ready to buy 1001 Spikes over a year ago, when it was released on the US store. I can't be bothered now. Will wait for it to show up on Plus (seems like a prime Plus title to me).

Shinriji

Thanks for the post in here about our company!

Super excited to roll this out at the end of the month!

These are the games that I could buy if released physically. Most of them are indie games with great production values, good replay value and big download sizes.

Past titles

- Soldner X2
- Rainbow Moon
- Hotline Miami Collection
- Dragon Fantasy Book I & II
- Rocketbirds
- Sine Mora

Future titles

- Cosmic Star Heroine
- Rainbow Skies
- Iconoclasts
- Rocketbirds 2
- Dragon Fin Soup

These are the games that I could buy if released physically. Most of them are indie games with great production values, good replay value and big download sizes.

Past titles

- Soldner X2
- Rainbow Moon
- Hotline Miami Collection
- Dragon Fantasy Book I & II
- Rocketbirds
- Sine Mora

Future titles

- Cosmic Star Heroine
- Rainbow Skies
- Iconoclasts
- Rocketbirds 2
- Dragon Fin Soup

I'd love to get Soldner X2, Hotline Miami 2 (got the Japanese release of 1 physically) and Rocket Birds physically. Plus games like Velocity, Olli Olli, Shovel Knight, Broken Sword 5, Mutant Mudds, Metal Slug 3 etc. As a collector I'm definitely interested in seeing digital games getting physical releases for my favourite platform :)

marcincz

Few days ago I started Uncharted: GA.
Damn! This game is @#@ incredible, especially graphics. Why Sony, why!? Why you don't release more AAA first party games on this console? Such an amazing potential.

Turnstyle

Few days ago I started Uncharted: GA.
Damn! This game is @#@ incredible, especially graphics. Why Sony, why!? Why you don't release more AAA first party games on this console? Such an amazing potential.

It's an enjoyable game, but all the forced touch/motion stuff really tarnished it for me. I know they were trying to push the Vita's gimmicks, but I wish they hadn't bothered. I dreaded having to cross any bridges in the game because I'd look like a tit waving the Vita around when I was on my commute. :-(

marcincz

It's an enjoyable game, but all the forced touch/motion stuff really tarnished it for me. I know they were trying to push the Vita's gimmicks, but I wish they hadn't bothered. I dreaded having to cross any bridges in the game because I'd look like a tit waving the Vita around when I was on my commute. :-(

Agree. This is little annoying, but this graphics. :) 4 years old game. Beginning cycle of Vita and game which looks so beauty. How Uncharted: GA 2 would look on Vita if they release it in 2014 or 2015? I can't even imagine.

Oh yeah, WRC 4 on Vita actually did get a reprint recently (abooout three months back?) Really not sure why they bothered though, considering WRC 5 is due out so soon!

Well, maybe because WRC5 is coming out. It doesn't look very good so people might be tempted by a reprint of 4 instead :p

Just a bit gutted I didn't hold on before buying it!

That's one damn fine collection. How many Vita games do you have in total? I'm sure you've got some digital games to add as well.

Thanks :) I must have around 200 physical games (or there abouts) by now, along with another 50+ (and that's a low estimate) of digital releases. Not sure why I ended up collecting/picking up so many titles for the Vita, its just the perfect pick up and play machine for me these days with a nice variety of games that I like.

Top Bottom