• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Updated Versions of Cyberpunk for PS5/Series X

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I find 4k to be too much for gaming, I like it for watching documentaries maybe, about animals or bugs or sea creatures. But for gaming i prefer 2k/144fps or 2k/60fps is also fine.
Agree. Imho 4k for gaming is a marketing meme.

4K/60 on it's own seems to be an issue again this gen. Throw actual full featured RT into the mix and I'd say 1440/30 is being optimistic without DLSS to help.

Either way the results of the attempt would be interesting.

People's expectations for what these next gen consoles can do is just crazy......

They provide a lot of power and value at $499 but to expect them to match what high end PCs can do at a $499 price point is just crazy.

I think the next gen versions of cyberpunk will run at a smooth 60fps at 4K and there will be an option to do 30fps at 1080p with ray tracing and that's it.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Gold Member
doesn't sound technically possible given the hardware. 1080p/60 would work though
development team*

The team has so many issues, I don't really believe its not feasible because of the hardware, simply that the team is having issues. I mean...is car chases not technically possible given the hardware? lips moving? smart AI that can drive cars?
How possible do you think it will be for 60 fps raytracing on at 4K

I think it is......with another team.

So with a different team that is more capable, you'd likely see 4K 30fps with raytracing on PS5 and Series X or something like that. I'd love to be wrong on this, but this teams issues all over the place make it hard to believe they can do that.

Need I remind people about the short bus AI.....

Kamina

Golden Boy
Why not 8K RT @ 60fps wile we are at it.
tenor.gif

development team*

The team has so many issues, I don't really believe its not feasible because of the hardware, simply that the team is having issues. I mean...is car chases not technically possible given the hardware? lips moving? smart AI that can drive cars?

I think it is......with another team.

So with a different team that is more capable, you'd likely see 4K 30fps with raytracing on PS5 and Series X or something like that. I'd love to be wrong on this, but this teams issues all over the place make it hard to believe they can do that.

Need I remind people about the short bus AI.....

To be fair that demo couldn't be anymore different from Cyberpunk design wise. One is a massive open world city with a ton of details and complex geometry. The one is rendering a single room at a time basically.

j0hnnix

With CDPR's reputation concerning recent release of Cyberpunk. I see it completely possible hitting 4k 120fps with RT.

sarcastic george costanza GIF

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The game struggles with my 1080ti on PC which is sorta comparable to what's going on with the XSX/PS5.

It all depends if they're hammering away on optimization during all this time.

mxbison

No chance.

I can't hit stable 60fps at 1440p DLSS RT on an RTX 3070.

4K RT 60fps without DLSS isn't even possible on the absolute fastest hardware right now afaik.

93xfan

Banned
Why not 8K RT @ 60fps wile we are at it.
I think it should be future approved with 120 frames per second at 8k. Then when a new standard is available for HDMI, they will have already done the work

Last edited:
Top Bottom