• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UPS says they delivered my package at the front door, it isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said they delivered it 30 mins ago but, I never heard a knock or anything, and they didn't leave it at the front office. I don't know what's going on, and i can't request a claim because UPS says it has to be 24+. What am i supposed to do? Is it actually delivered or what?

They said they delivered it 30 mins ago but, I never heard a knock or anything, and they didn't leave it at the front office. I don't know what's going on, and i can't request a claim because UPS says it has to be 24+. What am i supposed to do? Is it actually delivered or what?

This happened to me before. They never actually delivered anything as I was waiting for it. I called and when the guy came back he said he knocked and I just shrugged since I didn't want to get into anything with the guy who handles my package.

h1nch

They did the exact same thing to me this past Friday. I still need to contact Amazon support to get it straightened out.

Jerks.

Grym

does it say delivered or specifically delivered to your front door?

I only ask because I hate when UPS or FedEx deliver to the USPS and they deliver it the next day in the mail. It always confuses the hell out of me because the status on the original carrier says delivered.

Salmonax

I live in an apartment complex. They never contacted me to sign, they never knocked. Am i basically screwed now?

If a signature was required, they must have one (along with the stated last name of the recipient) on file that you can look up later.

I only ask because I hate when UPS or FedEx deliver to the USPS and they deliver it the next day in the mail. It always confuses the hell out of me because the status on the original carrier says delivered.

Delivered On:
Monday, 12/08/2014 at 3:16 P.M.

Left At:
Front Door

Well where the fuck could it be? it's a Xbox one it should require a signature. I've had to sign anything expensive before. Is it perhaps false?

Did you check and see if they lieu out at the apartment office?

I asked, and they never got it.

Enron

Banned
they might have scanned your box by accident. maybe its still on the truck.

Or maybe a neighbor is currently setting up a brand new xbox one

robot

I had a package arrive at the local ups unit the day before it was expected to arrive, and then got the message "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later."

Spoke to UPS and they just said "It's lost, you should probably contact the seller."

GG UPS

studyguy

picqxCs.gif

Contact them or the retailer you bought it from. They'll figure itout.

I've only had one truly authentic mix up with UPS in years and it was GTAV. They reported my GTAV as "out for delivery" on the day of delivery, and it never came tha tday... even the next day it still said "Out for Delivery" from the day before, like this truck was driving around all night or something. It never returned to the factory or the truck so the site never updated. It said like "Out for delivery. Projected delivery date: Sept 18, 2013 by 8PM..." on September 19th...

A mistake was made and my game was delivered to another guy's house about 2 miles away and must have been stuck to the bottom of another delivery. The guy was super nice and drove to my house and gave it to me and veven said "I'm just assuming this is GTA5 and I would want somebody to deliver my copy to me if it got lost." Coincidentally, the guy was my good friend's next door neighbor.

Very odd.

Amazon ended up sending me another copy of the game when they noticed it got lost in delivery (I didn't ask for them to, they just did). I gave that copy to my friend.

I fucking hate it when they hand shit off to the USPS. If you're going to make the effort to not only bring the package to my city but also drop it off at the post office near my place then why not just fucking cut the dumbass middle man and hand it to me?

Salamando

If it was near the end of the guy's shift, he may have just marked it delivered so he'd end on time, planning on actually delivering it tomorrow. It's happened to me before.

Maddocks

They did that with me. Delivered my ps4 but doesn't knock or ring the bell. Lucky for me the driver only hid the package, very well at that as I had to go looking for it but found it.

Maybe that happened as well, check ya roof.

Sorian

Banned
It was an Xbox One, needless to say, I called in and am currently setting it up.

Edit: Shoot, meant to hit new thread, not new post. My bad.

You think he's having a bad day?

He's a Driver Helper. He gets paid $9.50 with zero benefits for three weeks in December to do all the back breaking work while the Driver sits on his ass and sorts boxes in the package car for $38 an hour, great benefits, and one hell of a pension. He's being exploited, so yeah, he's having a bad day.

This happened to me once. Supposedly they delivered but I was at home and didn't hear a knock or anything. Turns out they left the package was with a neighbor who later stopped by and gave it to me.

theapg

Same thing happened with me and dragon age through amazon although I don't know if it was UPS. I chatted customer service and got a full refund.

Erekiddo

Sometimes they mark it as delivered to boost their on-time stats. I've seen this a lot, there it says delivered but doesn't show up until hours later.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
More likely the driver didn't bother dropping it off.

Hard to say. We had a few packages go missing around this time last year. Each time the Driver said he left it. We're pretty sure they just got stolen as one neighbor said they had some go missing too. It's not the greatest neighborhood...

We just ended up getting a PO Box and having most things sent there or to my work. Sucks, but better than stuff getting stolen. Most were Amazon shipments, and they just replaced those (Amazon doesn't allow UPS to investigate). The one that wasn't UPS investigated and refunded the sender (was a gift package from my parents).

Wthermans

Banned
I had a computer case that UPS delivered to my neighbor instead of me. Even though the package is correctly postmarked and our address is clearly visible.

Called an aquaintance who works there and the driver was on my doorstep within 30 minutes to try to get the package from my neighbor. Was about to call the cops on the poor guy for taking it inside to give to me later.

LiK

Wait til 8PM local time. sometimes they fuck up or lie to avoid getting reprimanded for being late. i had this happen a few times altho it's been rare now that i have a different driver here. he's been good.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Something similar happened to me last week with USPS. I had been tracking the package all day and it finally showed up as delivered to mailbox. I went out to check, and all that was in there were regular bills and whatnot.

I immediately called the post office and they took my name, tracking number, and cell number. Five minutes later the dude called me back and said the mailman was just holding it to deliver after my regular mail(?!).

Anyway, the package was in the box after I got off with the branch dude. The customer service was surprisingly good. I hope you get this sorted.

More likely the driver didn't bother dropping it off.

The Driver scans the package at the destination and UPS's system is notified. If he scans it elsewhere, they would know and he would get into trouble. Their DIADs (the handset they carry, that you sign) records everything from location to the time the package was dropped off. It's not as simple as they scan the package now and drop it off an hour later when they finally reach the destination. That's not to say drivers have never done that or haven't stolen packages though. Those that have/do always get caught.

Also, people do follow UPS trucks and swipe packages after they've been delivered.

Bought a 3DO off of ebay once with a bunch of complete in box games, box arrived shredded, console loosely inside, everything else had fallen out. The packing tape was left hanging loosely around the box and was clearly used as a handle to lug what was left of it around:
USPS just dumped it on my doorstep and didn't bother ringing the doorbell. No apology when I took it to the branch, they claimed that it was shipped with the box in that condition... like they would actually accept a package that was completely torn open at the point of origin. Give me a break.

Anyway, I don't think I had to sign for my consoles from Amazon but I don't strictly remember. Taco Bell PS4s needed to be signed for. I do prefer it that way. But, I work from home, and have a window where I can easily catch FedEx and UPS trucks coming, so I almost always intercept them and eliminate the possibility of it being stolen off my front doorstep.

In my experience USPS has been the worst as far as actually getting my stuff or in decent condition, UPS has been better but still not perfect, and I don't think I've ever had a problem with FedEx, of course your mileage may very.

I hope your box shows up unharmed.

Bossniak

PSY・S;142416517 said:

What a cunt. My UPS guys are cool. Left a note to leave my packages on the deck in the back but this cool guy left my packages on the deck but on the side door of my house so I didnt have to walk to the back.

This happened to me last week. Ordered the Best Buy IPAD black friday special deal. Was watching my online tracking like a hawk(every 30 minutes or so). It is getting late maybe it will come tomorrow. Not a big deal. But i look again and i see it was delivered on my porch. I check and don't see it.

Now what was once a non issue is a major issue due to the price of the product I bought. I storm out ready to drive down to the UPS center with laptop in hand with all tracking info loaded up. When lo and behold I see a box in the middle of my yard.

Along with how fast the UPS drivers are speeding through the neighborhood and lying about leaving packages in peoples yard means that the performance rate should be lowered so the drivers can provide better customer service.

JaggedSac

You can call before 24 hours. I've done it before. Driver came back by my house.

This happened to me.

The package was delivered two days after I got the delivery notice from UPS. I'd say wait a few days and if it doesn't show then contact UPS or whatever vendor you bought your item from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom