• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UPS says they delivered my package at the front door, it isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsod

Banned
This happened to me a few years back. Basically, the UPS shit head left my packages with some random asshole who lives in my apartment complex. I was able to get Best Buy to re-ship everything I bought from them, but the rest of the items are gone. The sender has to take action in these situations. From now on I get everything shipped to my office.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
It's right around the time of year that they stop giving a shit because they have far too many packages to deliver. My guy doesn't even knock. We usually just hear a loud thud when the box hits the ground near our door.

If it's broken contact Amazon. They'll replace it instantly, whereas UPS will make you wait 4-6 weeks for a claim.

It happened to me once, I was waiting at the window and saw that the UPS guy couldn't find a spot to park so he just drove away, I called right away and a representative said she'll contact the UPS guy, 2 hours later the guy came back and gave me my box, his face was of a man dead inside, he wasn't even sorry

Piggus

This happened to me with my PS4 last year and it scared the hell out of me. The UPS driver got distracted by a huge deer by our house and ended up delivering the package at the wrong house. So you might wanna check your neighbors' houses when that happens.

Apt101

If you're an apartment dweller like me, the front office may have a deal with UPS in which they drop off packages for residents there.

It may be at the nearest UPS facility, many of which allows one to pick their package up themselves if it is (just show them proof and an ID).

Lastly, this has happened to me many times, driver probably just clicked the wrong status or what have you and is coming back the next business day.

I ordered from the MS store. The part that pisses me off is i got the free game yesterday but, the console is missing. Talking to CS and they're being uncooperative. My landlord is saying she didn't see a UPS truck today, nor is it in the office. UPS is saying they delivered it and I'm mistaken. Either way I;m assuming i won't see it anytime soon?

If you're an apartment dweller like me, the front office may have a deal with UPS in which they drop off packages for residents there.

It may be at the nearest UPS facility, many of which allows one to pick their package up themselves if it is (just show them proof and an ID).

Lastly, this has happened to me many times, driver probably just clicked the wrong status or what have you and is coming back the next business day.

I've ordered many things from UPS. Usually if they dont want to knock or no reply they drop it off at the front office. 9/10 they just drop it off at front office.

dhlt25

sometimes you just get shitty driver. My previous USPS lady was awesome, always knock and on time. My current one is a dick, never knock on the door, don't even drop off the package in front of my apartment and just put a note in the mail box. Basically the guy just drop the note in when he delivered my mail and don't even bother to walk to my apartment

I contacted the UPS store directly, they say they wouldn't leave it on the front door and would leave it at the front office. They say to contact CS, and now CS is saying contact them directly. Fuck this, that's my $356 down the drain.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
If it's not at your door, not at the apartment office, and UPS is adamant that it was delivered, then the package was likely stolen. It's unfortunate and one of the problems with living in an apartment complex.

This happened to my wife last year. She ordered some clothes, UPS left the package at the door (they are supposed to leave everything at the office if no one's home), and someone stole it.

We contacted the company, filed a claim, and after a a week or so, they shipped out a replacement package.

Are you able to have packages shipped to your workplace? This is what I do for a lot of stuff. The bigger items I will have shipped to my parents' house or have my parents check the office for me (they live right around the corner) since I take the train to work.

I contacted the UPS store directly, they say they wouldn't leave it on the front door and would leave it at the front office. They say to contact CS, and now CS is saying contact them directly. Fuck this, that's my $356 down the drain.

Nah, you'll be fine. Contact the store you ordered it from if UPS isn't helping.

Herr K

Banned

xbone? they did you a favor.

MIMIC

Banned

Yeah, I'd be pissed after this. You need to get CS to talk to the store and end this runaround nonsense.

But you said that UPS didn't drop anything off at the office right? Do you think someone possibly took it at the office saying it was theirs? Or maybe someone stole it their? It is a brand new expensive console.

xbone? they did you a favor.

Come the fuck on, really? You gotta make a "console warz" comment.........

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you can always dispute it if you don't get it,

styl3s

Shady people living in your area took it right off your doorstep
There are people who drive around just looking for shit to steal, especially this time of year.

Last year my car was in the shop and i was fixing some food and i hear ups dropping off my stuff (the beeping sound when backing into drive way) and i was finishing up cooking and i shit you not when i opened my door a lady was walking down my porch with a package and i said "Excuse me, what are you doing?" and she said oh they delivered this next door and i said i know ___ and ___ and i don't know you and she rudely tossed the package down and tried to get an attitude for accusing her in which i pointed up to my camera and said if i go inside and run back my system i wont see you walking up and taking this package? She assumed nobody was home because my car was in the shop but what a fucking bitch.

I know have everything sent to my shop because there they have to come in and can't leave it so i don't have to worry about scumbags stealing my shit and i recommend everyone doing a sign for package option when buying anything because it doesn't matter if you live in the nicest richest safe neighborhood.

They said they delivered it 30 mins ago but, I never heard a knock or anything, and they didn't leave it at the front office. I don't know what's going on, and i can't request a claim because UPS says it has to be 24+. What am i supposed to do? Is it actually delivered or what?

Best case scenario is that they were just incompetent and you'll have to call in to get this sorted out.
Worst case scenario? You've been robbed by some porch pirates.

I would say check the bushes, as that happened to me, but since you said apartment complex, keep raising hell.

And maybe check the bushes. I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that.

There are people who drive around just looking for shit to steal, especially this time of year.

Last year my car was in the shop and i was fixing some food and i hear ups dropping off my stuff (the beeping sound when backing into drive way) and i was finishing up cooking and i shit you not when i opened my door a lady was walking down my porch with a package and i said "Excuse me, what are you doing?" and she said oh they delivered this next door and i said i know ___ and ___ and i don't know you and she rudely tossed the package down and tried to get an attitude for accusing her in which i pointed up to my camera and said if i go inside and run back my system i wont see you walking up and taking this package? She assumed nobody was home because my car was in the shop but what a fucking bitch.

I know have everything sent to my shop because there they have to come in and can't leave it so i don't have to worry about scumbags stealing my shit and i recommend everyone doing a sign for package option when buying anything because it doesn't matter if you live in the nicest richest safe neighborhood.
Yeah. People will do crazy shit like this. I'd hate to be in a business that requires shipping. Just cause of shit like this.

bluehat9

Did you check with your neighbors? A couple times UPS has asked me if I wanted to accept a package for my neighbor when they weren't home. I said no because it seemed like none of my business and I don't want to be responsible for it, but if you're friends with your neighbors maybe they are holding on to it for you?

SOME-MIST

granted, I live in a busy city, but this happens all the time at my company. tons of people order UPS all the time and it says delivered, and it doesn't show up for another 1-2 business days.

I order a buncha stuff online so I'm used to it, and when people would ask me if I saw anything... I'd usually just tell them wait a day or two.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Check out this "tracking information" notice I got from China:

WKGmadc.jpg

I gotta fill out a form and fax it and they'll update me on the delivery status during office hours, lol.

From the business' site:

How long does international shipping take?

Although we send out your orders within 1-3 working days, standard shipping can take between 1 to 6 weeks depending on your location and any possible transit delays at your local customs office.

I hope I get this thing I ordered :D

It's an OrbitKey

Same happened with my PS4 last year, driver left it at my neighbors front door and they had it. Ask your neighbors about the package in case always.

Watcher

Anything shipped through UPS is also insured by UPS. Tell them you never got your package they'll pay for a new one

Is there any way to do a charge back or ask for a refund from the card company?

They said they delivered it 30 mins ago but, I never heard a knock or anything, and they didn't leave it at the front office. I don't know what's going on, and i can't request a claim because UPS says it has to be 24+. What am i supposed to do? Is it actually delivered or what?

did you order it with amazon fresh?

guy I know ordered a new GTX 980 video card, and they delivered it to his complex.. but he never got it. turned out the staff saw that fresh logo and thought it was food so they kept in the fridge for him for a day

yes he got a chilled video card

Rivitur

Banned
For those out there who have this happen to them... Invest in a fence. They just drop it right over and no one can come and steal it with out making some noise.

cwmartin

This literally happened to me today as well. Claimed it was delivered at 7:24 while I was home, "Met Customer Man".

I have no package...

Tunic

UPS is awful! The exact same thing happened to me earlier this year. The tracking info stated they left the package at the front door, however there was no knock, no delivery notice, no package. I actually had taken the day off from work since it was a high priority package. I called the UPS phone number and explained the situation and they had me talk to a local supervisor who clearly didn't care about the situation and refused to contact the driver to find out where he delivered the package. I decided to walked down the street and found my package in the driveway of a random house just sitting there. A signature was required upon receipt and according to the tracking info the signature just read "Customer". I never received a followup call or anything from UPS. I try everything in my power to not have to use UPS.

USPS is worse. Said they delivered my package at 1PM. I was home. There was no knock. I went outside at 1:15PM and there was no package. Bunch of thieves.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Same happened to me today. Ordered a mouse from BB on Black Friday. Handled by UPS until local where it was handed off to USPS. Tracking says it was delivered this morning at 8:50am. No package at all. Live in a house with an atrium where they always open the front screen door and leave packages. Annoyed not sure who to call; BB, UPS or USPS.

Zach

Just keep bothering people until someone solves your problem. Repeatedly ask for supervisors/managers. Waste their time. I'm serious. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that jazz. You must be relentless.

Zach

Oh, I should add that I've only had an issue like this once. I called the post office and some guy said he'd contact the driver and get back to me. I asked for his name and direct extension (always get names and, if you can, a direct number). The next day I had my package.

styl3s

Yeah. People will do crazy shit like this. I'd hate to be in a business that requires shipping. Just cause of shit like this.
The sad thing is it's becoming more and more popular amongst shit heads.

I urge everyone who can afford it to buy home security cameras, even if it's just one for your front and back. They are relatively cheap. Also, always request sig. This can usually be done on UPS/USPS website once you get your tracking number if the service doesnt offer it when checking out.

The sad thing is it's becoming more and more popular amongst shit heads.

I urge everyone who can afford it to buy home security cameras, even if it's just one for your front and back. They are relatively cheap. Also, always request sig. This can usually be done on UPS/USPS website once you get your tracking number if the service doesnt offer it when checking out.

Thank you for this information. It is much easier to be vigilant than to try to prove the other party is at fault with no paper trail or evidence.

This happened to me before. They never actually delivered anything as I was waiting for it. I called and when the guy came back he said he knocked and I just shrugged since I didn't want to get into anything with the guy who handles my package.

if-you-know-what-i-mean-mr-bean-rage-face-jas-fasola-podtekst-erotyczny-mem-oryginal.png

But seriously, shipping is a dangerous game these days. Lost a couple from Amazon, they always are good to the buyer though. Ordered a OnePlus One phone and it was delivered to the wrong address and the wrong person signed for it. I used Google Foo, found the signer, found where he worked, called the shop, his dad answered and was like "that's my son, but he says he never signed for a package". Called the post office, they said it was delivered and signed for, ended up getting it 4 days later because the delivery guy must have went back for it.

But, I will say the lady on the support USPS number was really awesome. Gave me the non-customer facing phone number of the post office here so I could actually get something done and provided me with steps to take and what to say.

UPS has nothing on the USPS. I've more then once had packages that said "delivered" on one day show up 3 to 4 days later. USPS tracking is completely useless.

While we are ranting, the most infuriating shipper is Fedex. They will sit on your package for days if it's ahead of schedule rather then deliver it early. They won't even let you come down and pick it up.

I will agree with UPS >>>> USPS, their tracking is terrible. But Fedex ain't got shit on OnTrac. That's like the Uber, AirBnB of shipping. I swear it's like high college kids driving their own vans.

TSM

UPS has nothing on the USPS. I've more then once had packages that said "delivered" on one day show up 3 to 4 days later. USPS tracking is completely useless.

While we are ranting, the most infuriating shipper is Fedex. They will sit on your package for days if it's ahead of schedule rather then deliver it early. They won't even let you come down and pick it up.

mohuerta

This happened to me a few years ago.
Was waiting for a package and UPS site said it was out for delivery, so I waited. Saw the UPS truck drive by without stopping. Checked tracking again and said delivered. Reported to UPS and they contacted the seller (newegg) about the lost package and had it reshipped to me. Apparently, regular driver had a day off so was another driver that lost my package.
Outcome of the situation, now all UPS packages shipped to my address require signature on delivery. Didn't realize this till the delivery driver told me last year. No more lost packages.

This shit right here is the exact reason I get one of those boxes at the packing store to have my packages delivered to.

No drama, no mistakes, no broken packages, nothing stolen, ect. UPS doesn't do scummy stuff if your stuff is being delivered to a business.

Or maybe I'm just lucky, but even still.

Tunic

A signature doesn't help you though. Mine was signed by the driver as "Customer" when it was "misdelivered" to the wrong address. I get my packages shipped to my work now and haven't had any issues since I made the change.

I had this happen last year on a Saturday with FedEx, with the tracking information saying "left at back door", which UPS/FedEx NEVER leave things at the back door because it's not facing a main road, so I knew already it was more than likely misdelivered somewhere. Amazon told me to wait until Monday. Still nothing.

They sent out a replacement and I got that one.

Fast forward like two weeks later and I got a "we received your item!" email notification from Amazon and it was the original item. No idea if it got accidentally marked as delivered, but really put back on a truck and forgotten at the warehouse, then eventually just returned to sender, or if they delivered it to the wrong house and that person ended up sending it back.

You think he's having a bad day?

No, that's normal for UPS. Fedex too. They fuck around with my packages all the time. Usually don't bother to knock or leave shit at the office, they just leave a notice and fuck around for a few days before they actually bother to deliver the package.

To be fair though that's zappos, I doubt he's gonna damage shoes by throwing them around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom