• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] Bloodborne Alpha details now going out

HereticJ

Signed up and didnt get a code. Congratulations to those who did please post as many impressions as possible for us soul starved denizens.

I don't think I understand the interest in playing incomplete games on the scale of an RPG? I know I'm getting this game, I have no need to test it early. I did this with Destiny and I feel like it deflated the game when it officially came out.

It's like having a small nibble at a huge steak that you must wait for, when you're hungry

And I'm hungry, so I'll take that nibble :mad:

Does anyone know how many hours until the alpha opens? Im in Aus and I keep getting mixed answers due to daylight savings starting and different timezones.

theDeeDubs

Never signed up for anything but I've got the platinum for both Demon and Dark Souls 1 & 2. Got one a couple of hours ago.

RPGam3r

It's like having a small nibble at a huge steak that you must wait for, when you're hungry

And I'm hungry, so I'll take that nibble :mad:

Rolling with this analogy, your steak will get cold by the time you can eat the whole thing. My steak will be fresh and hot the whole meal. Just playing with your analogy =p.

Lucent

Never signed up for anything but I've got the platinum for both Demon and Dark Souls. Got one a couple of hours ago.

I never got the first e-mail that went out weeks ago but I'm holding out hope that maybe they'll send out more even to people who didn't. At least do it in tiers and scale up how many people can come in. Geez.

Most of the time when you get a PSN Notification, it basically is a script that takes you to the PSN Store and autofills the code but doesn't actually redeem it.

If you do this but don't redeem the code, you can, in theory give away the code.

believe!

I played Dark Souls 2 for about a hour then never again, where is my code Soony!

Lucent

If they allowed this to be streamed so I could watch people play it through my PS4 I wouldn't be quite as upset. Still upset though. =P

Cess007

Oh, i'm sure i'm about to get my code any second now. Any second now...

tumblr_mt0299gsva1stp62do1_r2_500.gif

so alpha is the new beta?

and beta is the new demo?

kinda like that destiny "alpha".

such marketing words to make people feel special. alpha 5 months before release? this is basically user testing.

Lucent

such marketing words to make people feel special. alpha 5 months before release? this is basically user testing.

Yeah. It's like what they did with Dark Souls II. Was mostly a stress test.

But either way, I want to play it. =l

Lucent

Alpha downloaded in NA PSN!

Is this accurate for the server opening??

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20141001T17&p0=137&swk=1

Yeah I think so. Think it's 8-11pm for EST. Right?

EDIT: Maybe this is karma for when we found that the Dark Souls II beta code was universal and everybody used the code and capped the download limit so the people who should've been able to download the beta got locked out. lol I'm so sorry I won't do that again just give me the code From! lol

Robot Pants

Nowhere apparently. For NA they looked at ppl with PS4 and Souls game trophies.

For EU there was a sign-up.

For JP, you downloaded a raffle ticket if you had PS+.
The fuck. I got ps3 and 4 and all the souls games with two Platinums :((((((((

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Technically the game is still alpha, even in-house.
It doesn't officially go to "beta" stage until you lock down assets and concentrate on fixing bugs.

They can call it whatever they want. People are still gonna feel special if they get in.

Lucent

Sony emails you a code or do they send it to you through PS4? If it's the latter then I haven't seen it.

Supposedly a notification pops up on your PS4 and it will direct you to the code entry page with the code automatically entered. As long as you don't redeem it, you can copy the code on paper or something and send it to someone I guess. And hoping. lol.

But yeah sucks I was like a second late. But I really am offering some Amazon credit or whatever. =P

EDIT: Was it a second invite? Today?

ShaneDude

In like Flynn baby. I don't even know how i got invited. I have a dark souls plat if that means anything. What a delightful surprise, I didn't even know there was a bloodborne alpha lol.

My fellow brothers who did not get in the alpha, keep in mind once the game has been release, our experiences will not be diluted and we will enjoy the game in it's purest state!

contiune to hope I will get an alpha invite

*Scrolls through first page*

*not one gaffer posts how to get in the alpha*

HOW DO I GET IN?
For NA, Sony or whomever will send you a ps4 msg with the code or they email you a week or two ago. There is no sign ups.

Grinchy

Banned
Mine installed as I was playing Destiny earlier. Can't wait to try it out! It's a shame I won't be able to play tomorrow though.

edit- wait I'm crazy. I do get to play tomorrow. Hell yeah!

Lucent

Anybody who has not yet redeemed your code...

Can you copy the code down, redeem it (so nobody can steal it) and then PM me the code so I can try entering it? lol. It worked for Dark Souls II beta. I'll try anything at this point.

Jonboy

So for those who got in...have you read the fine print yet? What are we able/not able to talk about? Posting of screens?

Top Bottom