• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] December 2012 Boxart Thread

masdfkjasf

Neo Member
amB7g.png

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Overbearance of Subtitles: Marginalization of Boxart

Cake Boss

Banned
Shattered Spear? Does that modern soldier time travel back to Ancient Egypt?

I would buy 3 copies if that was the game.

The soldier goes back into time bringing gun powder and other modern weapon technology to change history for the warlord he is getting payed by, he falls in love and rises against his own army that he built to save his family and to stay at that time instead of going back.

EA you know my contact info.

geebee

Banned
That Hitman Trilogy HD art looks fucking awful. Looks like bad fanart! Is that Professor Xavier in the lower right?

Eusis

Guess they really did change their logo.

... And a lack of Platinum and KojiPro, IF it sticks, is disappointing.

^ Where's the goddamned Shinkawa?!!!

Also, no KP or Platinum logos?

Look at MGS4, Peace Walker, the HD Editions. Outside of limited editions (which in the case of MGS4 still had the CG art on the forefront and the Shinkawa cover hidden), we haven't had a Shinkawa artwork cover for all versions of a new Metal Gear game since Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. I really wish it weren't so. Europe is getting that Shinkawa art of Raiden on a steelbook, but they tilted it diagonally for absolutely no reason so no thanks.

The lack of Platinum Games' logo on the cover kinda irks me too, given how they basically brought the game back from the dead.

That looks like its missing something

I thought that the original placeholder cover with the early CG render lacked something compared to this. Before it was just Raiden with sword, here he's actually doing something that has to do with the actual game that people play.

Desmond

Look at MGS4, Peace Walker, the HD Editions. Outside of limited editions (which in the case of MGS4 still had the CG art on the forefront and the Shinkawa cover hidden), we haven't had a Shinkawa artwork cover for all versions of a new Metal Gear game since Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. I really wish it weren't so. Europe is getting that Shinkawa art of Raiden on a steelbook, but they tilted it diagonally for absolutely no reason so no thanks.

The lack of Platinum Games' logo on the cover kinda irks me too, given how they basically brought the game back from the dead.

I thought that the original placeholder cover with the early CG render lacked something compared to this. Before it was just Raiden with sword, here he's actually doing something that has to do with the actual game that people play.

My MGS4 has Shinkawa ;). Look's like I'll have to get that MGR steelbook so.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I just don't like how the logo is that far up there. Yeah I know you gotta feature the art because of what it is but can't we just bring that in a LITTLE more

Desmond

I'm still not too fond of the blue-ish logo (I know it's lightning), I'd prefer just solid white, with maybe Rising in grey.

Top Bottom