• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Use a PNG with transparency as your PSN profile pic

Shin-Ra

Cant find anything that high of res for my avatar :(
Here's a few things I've whipped together, got more on the way.

17217526262_2f0f86689e_o.png
16599111373_8e351fba5e_o.png
16596896764_7f15d683a1_o.png

Despera

Banned
Don't have access to photoshop right now. Anyone willing to remove the white background from this pic?

rmZfp.jpg

Would like to try it out and see if it looks good in the profile.

Caayn

Wasn't aware of this. But if it's indeed limited to just people you share your real name with it's pretty useless imo.

BrunoM

See this post becoming the "official" one for GAF to find PNG HD images for their avatars lol

Other than that thanks OP for the info gonna make something nice up for it

Wait, I was under the impression that it's had this for months now. I set up my GAF avatar as my PSN icon in February and it's had the transparency since then.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Oh, so not really worth it for me.

Had the generic 8 ball avatar since 2007 PS3 launch.
Ya I've had the little bomb 💣 since PS3 launch honestly I'd feel weird without it lol
Edit: just noticed it keeps your original pic aswell just small

MilkLizard

This is really cool. Does anyone has a good source for transparent images? Also, what's the easiest way to remove the background? GIMP or any other easy free option?

Kei-

How are people removing the backgrounds from pictures? Is there some site you can upload an image to and have it do it automatically? Sorry if it's a pretty simple method.

Ploid 3.0

Having a custom avatar would be nice, I would rather have it be viewable by others so I'll keep my current avatar for consistency. That said, it makes sense that it is done this way. People would just put dick pics on throwaway accounts as trolls and kids could see it.

Sownic

Banned
more variety would be nice. the default avatars are pretty random. i mean...
CDGT9z4XIAAEgHM.jpg:large

WTF! a toothbrush ?! really sony ??

Top Bottom