• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USGamer | Revisiting Xbox E3 2014: Remembering All The Games That Died

Wasn't Crackdown 3 meant to have an offline mode without the azure powered destruction? If that happens to be the major headache, just getting the game out there without all that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Deep down, I think this Azure push and cloud powered destruction is what fucked the Crackdown 3 dev cycle in the first place. It over-complicated things for the wrong reasons; forcing something somewhere it doesn't belong to push internal services.

Nydius

Until they show something substantial, I'll keep considering Crackdown 3 to be on life support.

Consider: Including the teaser reveal back at E3 2014, we have literally seen only 19 minutes of any game-related content. The 2.5 minute pre-rendered teaser in 2014 and the 17 minute pre-alpha destructible environment tech demo in 2015. That's it. Over the last 17 months following that demo at Gamescom, there's been nothing shown, reported, said, displayed, announced, etc. about the game other than a brief note about not being at E3 2016 and moving the release date to 2017.

At this point, the fact that we don't know anything about, well, anything makes me pessimistic. By now we should at least have some idea of the single player and/or PVE co-op features and certainly more about the PvP features given how they have been touting the multiplayer destruction as a key selling point.

If it manages to come out at ALL in 2017, I'll be surprised.

Top Bottom