• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth delisted from PlayStation Store in the west

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There is nothing generic in Utawarerumono, it's one of the best VN ever. Btw trolls don't deserve replies but i'm kind today.
I know I should respect Your opinion and opinion of those who like the game... But to me it looks like utter, typical looking anime garbage.
Let's end with that -it is not for me :p

MayauMiao

This sort of thing only make me buy digital games at huge discounts. No point paying for full price for digital titles when one day it could be gone from your library.

This sort of thing only make me buy digital games at huge discounts. No point paying for full price for digital titles when one day it could be gone from your library.
Again, just because a game has been delisted, doesn't mean that it suddenly disappear from your library. You simply cannot buy a digital copy until the license has been renewed for the old or a new publisher (if it will be renewed).
If you already have the game in your library, you can always dowload and play it

Wondering if this will eventually effect the steam version too since It's a licensing issue?
On steam the developper is selling the game directly, not atlus so it's probably fine unless they have a mental breakdown. Sometimes devs do crazy things like when Irem decided to remove everything following the big earthquake 10 years ago. That was playstation though.

The reason Atlus can't sell it anymore is probably because they sold a lot more copies than they expected so they made the effort to start publishing in English countries too. One of the games was my top viewed game on my curator group for a long time (now its yakuza like a dragon).

Last edited:

Isa

200.gif

Miss you sublimit, wherever you are.

Top Bottom