• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VAC actually gets updated, OR: Being a TF2 Sniper main is hard

http://www.ugcleague.net/forum/showthread.php?48559-Lmaobox-Premium-Detected

giphy.gif

Long story short, a UGC player stumbled across a Github link containing the source code for LMAOBOX, a premium hack (Aimbots, wallhack, showing health, 'homing' projectiles, auto backstab, hitbox visibility, tweaking random crits, 360 degree camera, pretty much everything) that's undetectable by VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat). He sends it to Valve, hilarity ensues.

Turns out that an alarming (or maybe not) amount of competitive players are hackers, including, but not limited to, the Snipers on the winning teams in all the higher leagues. Full list. A total of 167 rostered players were banned. RIP Vlad

This obviously isn't relegated to comp. Also ensnared are a bunch of YouTubers and probably about half your friends list. VAC locks down your inventories in all Valve games, meaning thousands of dollars in hats were lost today. RIP.

Video recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q5z9nP0Fyw

The system is working.

Also, I don't think I understand the impetus for YouTubers to be hackers? Competitive players sure but people whose skill matters about a tenth as much as their charisma?

So a bunch of competitive snipers managed to slip in LMAOBOX with every event they were playing in? How does that work exactly?

Was playing against a Spy last night who was using the auto-backstab. Eventually I and the other people on my team realized this and completely stopped him by making sure he never was able to even get near us.

I'm not sure why people do this, it's so boring if you're not even trying.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Maybe I'll reinstall CS GO now, since R6S community seems to be dying on PC.
Wait, this isn't for CS GO?

AJ_Wings

Just checking around, I think this is the biggest ban wave ever in TF2.

Good, the lmaobox using shitstains got what was coming for them.

Bluth54

This obviously isn't relegated to comp. Also ensnared are a bunch of YouTubers and probably about half your friends list. VAC locks down your inventories in all Valve games, meaning thousands of dollars in hats were lost today.

Yep here is a backpack worth several thousand dollars that got banned today. All that money down the drain.

So a bunch of competitive snipers managed to slip in LMAOBOX with every event they were playing in? How does that work exactly?

The free version of LMAObox would be detected by VAC, but not the paid for premium version. From what I've read someone got Valve the source code and the debug version of the premium version so they were able to add it to VAC and get all these people banned.

Wow... I'm always disgusted by the amount of cheaters there are in FPS. Yet, that's my favorite genre still. It will probably always be regardless of cheaters. And these cheaters always get to spots of reputation and sometimes even money out of their conduct. So yeah, they have motive to cheat. Fame, respect from other people, etc..

But it's just... soooo lame. How can you have an ounce of respect for yourself if you're cheating? I guess some people just don't care.

Also this steam profile messages http://steamcommunity.com/id/vladimew/

$5.5k down the drain because they wanted to impress people with their "skills"? If I had that good of an inventory, I'd never risk it. Hell, I'd play bad on purpose so noone even thinks I might be cheating.

Some of those idiots probably think that by having that sort of inventory, it makes them seem more "legit".

Hasney

Who's this Vlad guy?

Sniper in some of these UGF games on a winning team. He's claiming he never used it in competitive matches since s17 lmao
http://www.ugcleague.net/forum/showthread.php?48561-Time-to-make-this-thread-I-guess&p=265743
Some of those idiots probably think that by having that sort of inventory, it makes them seem more "legit".

True. I wonder if the unusual unboxing rate is going to be turned up for a little bit soon to rebalance the economy. I bet some hats just got much rarer.

Who's this Vlad guy?

A Sniper main with a zero-to-hero story within the community. He went from nobody to Plat Sniper within the span of a week, and his performance in logs literally went from average low-league player to a monster.

It was pretty suspicious to say the least. Now we know why.

Pretty incredible... I can't believe it took that long for lmaobox to slip up and leak critical code to Valve...

Just in time for Overwatch's release... how CONVENIENT :p

Doesn't look like any of my friends got hit, a few people in our group who I don't recognize... cool. Good shit Valve, keep it up

Top Bottom