• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VAC actually gets updated, OR: Being a TF2 Sniper main is hard

NeOak

Yep. Funny story, I had a steam account from the HL2 launch days and had CS Source etc. One of my school friends borrowed my account to play for a few weeks and got my account VAC banned. He claimed it was his younger brother that did it. So the "IRL friend got me banned" has actually been true at least once :p
That's not a friend at all.

Risible

I fucking knew it.

I suspect cheating in every online game. I see some reaction times that make me go WTF. I mean, I get it, I'm older and my reactions aren't what they used to be. But it's mighty suspicious how a new game comes out and I do fine in it, but over time I'm suddenly getting wrecked nonstop.

Fucking cheaters.

Mithos

So this Vlad guy has nearly 4000 hours of TF2 played. How can you play a game so long while cheating? Where is the fun? Where is the "getting better" if you just own everybody because you are cheating? What a waste of time.

As long as a number according to a statistics page at the "end" of a session/match or whatnot exist that tell you that you won or lost people will cheat, some only care about e-peen.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Out of all those names, I've only run across vlad personally when I used to play. I'm glad these asses got banned because it as frustrating dealing with obvious cheaters. There were two snipers that quick scopes everyone and those do 150 dmg if it's a headshot. I was a heavy and overhealed, jumped a corner because I knew they were there and one head shot me and pushed me off into a random direction and as I got pushed from the dmg, the other headshot got me, so I was down to 150 health in barely 2 seconds. I made it back to cover, but we obviously lost.

Saganator

If this vlad is the same vlad I knew from TFC, then this is not surprising!

There will always be cheaters in competitive games unfortunately. I remember a couple years after competitive TFC was dead, someone started a thread in the community forums where people fessed up to hacking, it was pretty astounding how many well known and respected players were cheaters.

I fucking knew it.

I suspect cheating in every online game. I see some reaction times that make me go WTF. I mean, I get it, I'm older and my reactions aren't what they used to be. But it's mighty suspicious how a new game comes out and I do fine in it, but over time I'm suddenly getting wrecked nonstop.

Fucking cheaters.

I'm the same way, I'm essentially console only for my multiplayer games, and even then when xbox360's started getting jtagged it sucked there too. People go to ridiculous lengths to cheat consistently. I mean I can't fully point fingers because I fucked around with wallhacks and aimbots in my youth (think over a decade ago when steam was still WON and punkbuster didn't even exist yet) and people still thought using shit like r_mipmap/lambert or whatever it was, or replacing your models with neon ones was fine but I never played competitions with them. I also got over them really quickly because they essentially made the game pointless to play but there also wasn't any money involved with the competitive scene back then so maybe my opinion would be different now.

That being said I do try to not be that guy that's going around calling everyone hackers because I've got an inflated sense of my own skill. People can sperg hard and just be better at the game mechanically if you're a casual player that plays a bit at launch and comes back a few weeks later.

Good riddance.

Also this is the first time ever I've heard someone sing the praises of VAC as the best anticheat around. Today's off to a weird start.

Tenck

4ec743031f.png

This is from the person with the backpack containing $5,000 worth of hats. LOL

flkraven

Yep. Funny story, I had a steam account from the HL2 launch days and had CS Source etc. One of my school friends borrowed my account to play for a few weeks and got my account VAC banned. He claimed it was his younger brother that did it. So the "IRL friend got me banned" has actually been true at least once :p

You literally have the inception of a "my brother used my account story" in a "my friend used my account" one.

Caffeine

found tons of cheaters in black ops 2 & 3 about 12 of them have been game banned. they usually in nukejacked/nuketown 24/7, groundwar.
this one bastard keeps coming back though lol he just has indisposable income to buy $30 keys off g2a just so he can hack for like 12 days on his new account and then get banned again lol.

I'm glad ban waves like this hit other games even in csgo casual almost every other match I see someone walling it's completly noticable now because of kill cam.

I just dont get the point of it, its not my fault they are just bad at the game :p

Fuck cheaters in online games. The lowest kind of gamers.

someone buy this man a beer

Dex815

Just watched a video of a bunch of kids and teenagers right at the moment that they realize that have been vacced. The cringe is horrible. One of them is almost crying and screaming all the time, saying that valve got his items locked and that they shall DDOS Valve now. lol

Just watched a video of a bunch of kids and teenagers right at the moment that they realize that have been vacced. The cringe is horrible. One of them is almost crying and screaming all the time, saying that valve got his items locked and that they shall DDOS Valve now. lol
Link!

Tenck

Can you link it?

This is incredibly entertaining.

I guess hacking helps them get items? But don't you get items just from playing or do you actually have to perform well?

Also the guy claiming they would DDOS steam, why would they announce that and then put it up on youtube? Are they too dumb to realize that DDOSing is a crime? lol

People go to ridiculous lengths to cheat consistently.

Particularly on console since the amount of cheaters are low so the reward to effort is higher since you'll be the few gods amongst men and most casuals can't be bothered to modify anything or spend time/money doing so. Unlike on PC which anyone can hack once the info is out.

Joyful

if its a shooter on pc people cheat on it

like garrysmod, ive run a server for years (ttt) and our anticheat catches people all the time
gmod might be worse because you can use lua in addition to c++ hacks
the gamemode doesnt even need to be competitive
some men just want to see the world burn

This is incredibly entertaining.

I guess hacking helps them get items? But don't you get items just from playing or do you actually have to perform well?

Also the guy claiming they would DDOS steam, why would they announce that and then put it up on youtube? Are they too dumb to realize that DDOSing is a crime? lol

If they're stupid enough to cheat then they are stupid enough to broadcast their intention of ddosing steam

What does that have to do with cheating?

I don't play TF2 (anymore), but I guess it's this. By cheating, you can get the loots faster and easier. So you can get more steam money faster and easier. Therefore, you can also get more games, or even real money faster and easier.

Berna

I don't play TF2 (anymore), but I guess it's this. By cheating, you can get the loots faster and easier. So you can get more steam money faster and easier. Therefore, you can also get more games, or even real money faster and easier.

No, performance in TF2 (or CS:GO for that matter) does not affect the item drop system. The only place where cheating could MAYBE help you is in Coop (Mann vs. Machine) Mann Up (paid) missions, where you get loot after completing them, but since MvM is kind of easy if you and your teammates know what you're doing, it's not like you'll have a huge advantage anyway.

Being good at TF2 doesn't give you any sort of advantage when it comes to getting item drops. You'd pretty much get the same results just sitting in an empty server doing nothing.

Top Bottom