• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valfaris - A Heavy Metal Space Saga (Slain: Back from Hell dev, 2018, PC/console)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Hey guys, I'm Nicolas - a community manager over at Big Sugar (publisher of Valfaris). Figured I should hop in here in case anyone has any Q's, but if anything needs more immediate attention I can be found lurking over at the official Big Sugar Discord channel!

Heck yes, thanks so much for the support!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it man!

I know I'm late to the party here, but it actually launched on all platforms yesterday - the PC version just got a bit of a headstart!

If you update Valfaris to the latest version, you should automatically unlock Full Metal Mode no matter the platform you're on! If you have any issues let me know, and I'll try and help out where I can :D.
Dang, sounds awesome! I'm ready for another playthrough. Played Slain like 20x. Loved Valfaris.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I know I'm late to the party here, but it actually launched on all platforms yesterday - the PC version just got a bit of a headstart!

If you update Valfaris to the latest version, you should automatically unlock Full Metal Mode no matter the platform you're on! If you have any issues let me know, and I'll try and help out where I can :D.
Playstation released a trailer an youtube yesterday. Since then I know it.

But thanks for providing an answer!

Full Metal ahead! :messenger_horns:

Nicolas_R

Here's what Full Metal Mode has got in store for you:
  • All weapons, upgrades, and upgrade items carry over between runs
  • Enemies have increased health, attack, and aggression
  • Bosses receive the same buffs - with additional attack patterns
  • Therion takes more damage
  • New Destroyer Class Weapon
  • New Achievement for defeating Full Metal Mode
Full Metal Mode unlocks after completing the game, so if you've already got a 'Game Clear' save file, you'll be able to jump into the – even deadlier – action as soon as the update has installed.

This reminds me I need to buy this soon.
Thanks for the run down - it's essentially a new game plus mode, to give people more of a challenge once they beat the game!

Dang, sounds awesome! I'm ready for another playthrough. Played Slain like 20x. Loved Valfaris.
Glad to hear! Let us know how you find the FMM update 😁

Top Bottom