• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles |OT| Beautiful art meets genre-redefining gameplay

So is this game going to get another print run in the US / UK?

Just saw it for £25 and I'm wondering if this is one of those limited print run games, like most SRPGs.

tass0

Banned
This game is really something, battles are great and require some thinking, graphic style is just wow, cutscenes play out like a really fun anime, I just love this game. I'm on Chapter 4 and trying to rethink my strategy because my tank keeps getting blown up :/

Yazuka

"_ o _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ e - _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ s "

S o o n - G a l l i a - _ _ _ e - _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ s .

Only thing I can think or so far, that has the same amount of letters.
Probably not right even by a bit.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Tranced Shadow said:
I'm going to go for:

"Good things come in threes"

Whoa. Someone get that junior a tag!

Hopefully the dlc drops soon.

androvsky

Tranced Shadow said:
I'm going to go for:

"Good things come in threes"

Good work, I was going to spend the evening trying to figure it out. Looks like I can relax. :)

zomg, trilogy confirmed!!!

Llyranor

Alright, after taking a break from this for a few months, I've gotten back into it (had to finish Last Remnant to clear up the HD space!). Just got to the mission where you
storm the beach, after just getting your second tank and smoke grenades
. I missed this game!

DLC news is good; I'll certainly be digging into those.

Latest DLC clue is:

_ o o _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ o _ e - i n - _ _ _ _ _ s

Nothing to disprove my guess, but they haven't said it's right either (I submitted it on Twitter. Joined just to do that :lol )...

BeeDog

Tranced Shadow said:
Latest DLC clue is:

_ o o _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ o _ e - i n - _ _ _ _ _ s

Nothing to disprove my guess, but they haven't said it's right either (I submitted it on Twitter. Joined just to do that :lol )...

Well, "things" has an "i", and "in" has been revealed already, soooo... :p

ianp622

BeeDog said:
Well, "things" has an "i", and "in" has been revealed already, soooo... :p

They don't reveal letters that way. For example, the first word only had one "O" at the beginning.

Edit: Damnit.

BeeDog

Valkyr Junkie said:
Look at the rest of the clues. They didn't reveal all of the "o" characters at once :p

Ah, didn't read them. My fault! Then the guess seems good! I'm just retarded today.

Yazuka

Day 4 update: "G o o d - _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ o _ e - i n - _ _ _ _ es"

Seems like Tranced Shadows guess, is the right one. Well nothing that points otherwise at least.

CiSTM

Banned
I have joined the party

t5owef.jpg

I see someone read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and got very confused.

I really need to get back to this game. I put it down during a period of insomnia when I would lay awake the whole night devising strategies for maps.

As if I dont have enough games to play right now, I will be right the fuck back to Valkyria as soon as the DLC drops, made even worse it seems by them suggesting all 3 packs of it releasing at once. God damn!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Man, the production values look sky high (on the famitsu site)

Too bad the anime character designs are crap.

Edit: Check out the Dengeki site, Rosie and Elanor's design actually looks GREAT.

bought this game last week. really loving the battles, but cutscenes are too fragmented and really tones down too much the pacing of the game (being a SRPG it's already slow paced). otherwise, good stuff indeed!

loving the art style, not overblown like the typical JRPG, and the graphics. canvas engine gives it a unique look. hope for other games using it :)

Hcoregamer00

LOL at the design change for General Gregor, do they have something about balding men to change his design that drastically?

Hcoregamer00

SecretBonusPoint said:
Rosie and Largo look spot on, good enough for me. Welkin and Alicia were the games anime stereotypes really, Largo and Rosie were the awesome characters.

I just like the fact that Rosie actually looks more sassy than her original design.

Yazuka

Haha, So those two who where with Alicia on the townsguard where turned into kids?
The anime effect huh? Well at least the characters that are important looks pretty good.

Top Bottom