• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Profile - The Accused One announced for DS!

batbeg

Okay, so as far as the big scan is concerned... I think the art looks beautiful and the main guy has a really great design :D

As far as the screenshots on the page, the one on the right seems to be a CG clip with at least one valkyrie facing someone else (maybe another valkyrie, maybe one of the main characters?). It looks like Silmeria on the left, the main guy on the right. Cool stuff. But I'm more interested in the left picture...

I don't want my heart to be played with, but it looks like a profile shot to me?

DENKO

Theme:Revenge to gods

Though the description of the name in English is inaccurate

Eris:black or purple color hair
Key word:Messenger in nether world / Person of mystery to serve queen HELL /

willfred:silvery color hair
Key word: Human / Hero of story /A man who shoulders crime / Special help is obtained from queen Hel and it confronts it with the Gods. /
/ /There is a deep connection with Lenneth in the past. /Artifact[Wing that can win fight]

Anncell:Brown or Gold color hair
Key word: Human / Friend of willfred

ethelred

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
If this has a soundtrack from Sakuraba, I'm there day one.

Oh, crap, you're right. I totally forgot that this means we're getting another new Sakuraba VP score. One more side benefit.

Error said:
if anything Im surprised they still have man power to develop a game while doing 2 huge next-gen projects. this is the same company that tackled one project at a time before.

How many people do you really need to develop a DS game anyway? One dude to write the story, one dude to draw the pixel art, and Gotanda to code the entire engine during a slightly long bathroom break.

charlequin said:
How many people do you really need to develop a DS game anyway? One dude to write the story, one dude to draw the pixel art, and Gotanda to code the entire engine during a slightly long bathroom break.

And Sakuraba to create the score over lunch.

MCD

charlequin said:
the engine is already done too. (FF12 RW)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
charlequin said:

don't forget the math.

Small Development team + Magical Beans + Game Genie = Great Profits

ethelred

McDragon said:
sure? i think DENKO mentioned it here...

Well, it looks nothing like Revenant Wings. The sprites look nothing like Revenant Wings. And Revenant Wings doesn't have any profile sections, which is what one of the two screens of this game shows. And I doubt tri-Ace would make a game with Think&Feel's coding.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The graphics in this game remind me of BOF3 for some reason... Still, I'm a sucker for anything tri-Ace so I will be getting this.

i dont need a female lead in a VP game. i could even take a SRPG, as long as they leave the ugly DS 3D out and keep a good sprite based 2D with great artwork to boost it up. dont forget the good music! oh, and it sucks i have to go around looking for scans/pics if i want to be on topic on this board =(

McDragon said:
the engine is already done too. (FF12 RW)

It would probably take Gotanda longer to make a phone call to Square-Enix headquarters and ask to use the Revenant Wings engine than it would actually take him to write a better engine himself.

duckroll

Volcynika said:
So is this 100% confirmed or still bordering rumorish territory?

Clearly we're all making it up. Since there are no scans, we can't prove otherwise!

Btw, just got back from the new Eva movie in theatres. Awesome animation! :D

Joule

This thread was certainly a rollercoaster.

I'm excited for a new VP. Wasn't expecting one this soon. Thought it'd be another 6.5 year wait.

On another note, please have Lucian in this game. After all that went down in VP1's A ending him and Lenneth should be together. VP2's ending made me go "Wait what about Lucian? What happens now?!"

duckroll said:
Clearly we're all making it up. Since there are no scans, we can't prove otherwise!

Same incoherent plotline, though?

Myself, I watched Horton today.

Pureauthor said:
Same incoherent plotline, though?

Myself, I watched Horton today.
I'm not really sure if it's equally as incoherent. Didn't the director say that the movies are essentially the definitive and more clear version of Evangelion?

I disliked the series. But, then again, I dislike 99% of the anime out there.

Volcynika

duckroll said:

Hey, you never know! And I've been busy studying for a test, and just saw the first couple of posts!

duckroll

How can the plot be incoherent, when there's no plot. They ditched any and all exposition for pure action and awesome animation and art. I don't think anyone who hasn't seen the series will understand anything at all. There was a guy behind me that was sleeping and snoring through the entire movie, added some..... "interesting" sound effects to the overall feature. :p

duckroll said:
How can the plot be incoherent, when there's no plot. They ditched any and all exposition for pure action and awesome animation and art. I don't think anyone who hasn't seen the series will understand anything at all. There was a guy behind me that was sleeping and snoring through the entire movie, added some..... "interesting" sound effects to the overall feature. :p

Awesome. I might watch this now.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
I could be very excited, but that isometric view with no squares gives me a creepy Revenant Wings vibe... I hope the gameplay is nothing like that.
Anyway,
IT SHALL BE ENGRAVED UPON YOUR VERY SOUL!!

Yeah, as long as it's not an RTS, I think I'm fine. Even an sRPG would be fine, but of course action packed RPGs is what tri-Ace is great at so I'm hoping it plays like Valkyrie Profile, even though this is likely an offshoot.

jman2050

This is the same team that put Star Ocean on the Game Boy Color of all systems. I have little doubt that they'll be able to milk the DS for all that it's worth.

jman2050 said:
This is the same team that put Star Ocean on the Game Boy Color of all systems. I have little doubt that they'll be able to milk the DS for all that it's worth.
I don't remember anything from them following after that, though and it took them long enough.

It's the same case here, tri-Ace has done nothing else for the DS. I'm not sure if it was originally even their idea, or if it was S-E that pushed for it. I don't believe they're the kind to milk.

lyre

Pureauthor said:
Not as long as Knights in the Nightmare exists.
Knights may be able to challenge VP, but in the end, we all know who comes out victorious in the end: US. :D

PS: Sakuraba <3

jman2050

Magicpaint said:
I don't remember anything from them following after that, though and it took them long enough.

It's the same case here, tri-Ace has done nothing else for the DS. I'm not sure if it was originally even their idea, or if it was S-E that pushed for it. I don't believe they're the kind to milk.

I meant milk technically, and I wasn't really responding to you :p. Although I also have little doubt that tri-Ace will make a game that's fun even if it isn't traditional VP. Even SO3 with all its flaws was a blast to play.

jman2050 said:
I meant milk technically, and I wasn't really responding to you :p. Although I also have little doubt that tri-Ace will make a game that's fun even if it isn't traditional VP. Even SO3 with all its flaws was a blast to play.
OIC :p

ethelred

lyre said:
Knights may be able to challenge VP, but in the end, we all know who comes out victorious in the end: US. :D

PS: Sakuraba <3

Don't forget all that Yuzotastic goodness we're getting, too.

Shouta

Magicpaint said:

Yeah, I kind of suspect that this wasn't their idea to do this. Aside from Blue Sphere (which may have been done for the same reason), they've only worked on main games for each of their series. It seems kind of odd for them to do something for the DS now.

DKnight said:
I could be very excited, but that isometric view with no squares gives me a creepy Revenant Wings vibe... I hope the gameplay is nothing like that.
Anyway,
IT SHALL BE ENGRAVED UPON YOUR VERY SOUL!!

this is so awesome. this line alone almost drives me to replay the game another time ;)

Top Bottom