• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve confirms Half-Life: Alyx, full reveal coming later this week.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
giphy.gif

Shifty1897

A lot of people don't remember this, but Half Life 1 and 2 revolutionized how video games worked. 1 was the first FPS to have scripted cinematic set pieces, and 2 was the first AAA game to use a physics engine as part of the gameplay. My guess is they wanted to do something new and exciting with VR, but couldn't pull it off to the level needed to justify calling it Half Life 3.

So do we think this will be exclusive to Vive and Index or available for other platforms? I only have a PSVR...

Paying a thousand bucks for an Index is gonna be a tough sell for this one. Not to mention my PC only has a GTX 1070.

People asking for HL3 for over a decade, we get a VR game that nobody cares. VR in gaming was a failure. Valve lost all his magic. The new Artifact.

VR gaming is still a niche market but if anything can make it palatable for me, it’s a goddamned new Half Life game. I’d be curious to know if it will run on an oculus quest.

sol_bad

VR?
V R ????????????????????

I don't own VR and I can't play VR if it requires two hands.
#$^#$^%&^#%&#$^@$

Don't do this to me Valve.
:messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying:

Hinedorf

Banned
*Reads new Half Life game* AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*Reads VR* womp womp

I've invested in VR, it's actually not all that fun as a gaming experience but great as an experience in itself. I've found neck issues as well with prolonged play, total pass for me :-(

I don't care what anyone thinks. As someone who already has a VR headset and enjoys it daily; this is incredible news. I knew this was the direction they would take it. Half Life always seemed perfect for VR. With it's narrative style and how Valve likes to use the game to push new technologies, VR always seemed inevitable to me for this franchise.

Also, this will obviously just be like an episode in the HL universe. I doubt a full, dedicated sequel would be VR exclusive. People here need to relax.

Last edited:
Top Bottom