• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampyr Will Have 4 Very Different Endings | New Screenshots Released

Philippo

Really curious about this one, LiS was my only DotNod game, and while i went with low expectations it surprised me with how they handled multiple choices and especially rewarding those players that spent time reading and exploring every nook and crannies with better outcomes.
We'll see if they'll be able to use that and everything they learned but in a much more bigger game together with many other systems, plus i'm always down for some non AAA Wrpgs.

Do we have an estimate release date?

Hopefully the endings are more than just one final dialogue choice! *cough*

Yeah, that was the only thing that stuck out like a sore thumb of LiS, it took all those complex choices and turned it into a single choice.

pantsmith

Will there be one that they actually expect you to pick and flesh out way more than the other(s)? Because I didn't really enjoy that about Life is Strange.

Okay when someone says they have 4 different endings I actually believe them. Look at fallout (we have hundreds of different variables) and it means nothing. These guys deserve some extra credit just for not bullshitting a number.

Gotta disagree with the folks saying Life is Strange's ending was poorly handled.
Yeah, you got a binary choice at the end, no matter what you did up to that point. But the way I see it, the way you decided to play the game and what you ended up seeing will really influence your decision one way or the other. I think people who really indulged in the optional stuff and got super immersed in the world would go with Bay, while people who focused on the main story and stuck with Chloe for most of the game were more inclined to pick Bae. Essentially, your unique experience with the game changed how you approach the final decision.
That's my rationalization, anyway.

That said, I'm kinda mixed on Vampyr. OTOH, LiS is my game of the generation so far, while Remember Me was good but not great. But on the other hand, what I liked about Life is Strange (being the first game with a decent budget I've played that tackles a lot of contemporary personal and societal issues in a realistic and mature way, magic time rewinding powers notwithstanding) doesn't really seem to be here. I'll definitely keep my eye on the game, but I'm almost certain it won't top it's predecessor.

Gbraga

As much as I doubt they'd make the no feeding ending that hard to get, I kind of hope they do. I doubt the protagonist, being a predefined one, will be anything you want him to be. So if there's an option to not feed that directly impacts the ending, the protagonist will most likely not want to feed, but act, in the story, as if he felt the need to. So I'm really hoping they'll make the player feel the same way.

Make that shit HARD.

Of course, the combat must be good enough for it to feel like a challenge too, not just frustrating.

We'll see, I'm definitely very excited for this one. I should play Remember Me before it comes out.

Focus Home is killing it with Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu.

Loved Remember Me, really liked Life is Strange, hopefully I'll love this one. Not played a decent vampire RPG since VTMB.

Remember Me was good.

Played it 3 times and i liked it a lot.
I think that RM is not bad at all and that media was too harsh on it.

Agree with the above, as I mentioned in another thread (Lowest rated game that you have loved):
...Nice to see this one mentioned so often! Thread from about two years ago: Remember Me 2′s Story Has Been Written, But It’s Up To Capcom To Make It

The 'Lost Treasures of Gaming' interview with Jean-Maxime Moris is great, for fellow fans of the game: Episode 16: Remember Me

Some screenshot galleries I can recommend: one / two / three / four / five / six / seven

Also found the 'Translating Concept Art into Game Environments' series at FXGuide quite interesting: Part A / Part B / Part C...

Thanks for posting the link/quotes, OP.

Is this game the unlikely champion of the Nemesis system?

From the article:
Without trying to sound too menacing, I hope there's plenty of other things you can get citizens to do. Attack someone, pass on a message, bring something to you - perhaps you'll get more options as you spend more time improving your skill. However, you won't be able to use it on just anyone. As the game progresses you'll encounter people whose minds are a lot more resilient to suggestion (meaning that they're basically incredibly stubborn). You'll have to buff up your mesmerising ability to match their mental resistance.

But anyways, everything is sounding good. I'm looking forward to finally having an Angel (the TV series): The RPG.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm cautiously optimistic because Life is Strange's second ending was terrible.

They definitely have the potential to deliver on a good story though, so that could have been a misstep.

Top Bottom