• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Ben Affleck steps down as director of 'The Batman'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandy

If he thinks this is best move I trust in him. He really nailed role of Batman in BvS.

This.

Though... it might come across as passing the buck when we learn more about it. At least at this stage they could still get in a director people like... right?

Schlorgan

Joe Wright or Joe Carnahan would be good choices.

Synder would be awesome as well. I mean say what you want about BvS (and many of you have :p) the solo Batman parts were the best parts of the movie.

That sort of intensity in a whole movie would be amazing.

Or it would just be exhausting and numbing.

They should get someone who is a big fan of the Arkham games, so we can have a movie with some kick ass fight scenes, like the warehouse scene in BvS, which was fucking awesome and the best thing about that movie.

Throw in some detective stuff, maybe do a darker story like Hush or something, that would make a pretty cool Batman movie.

Ashhong

They should get someone who is a big fan of the Arkham games, so we can have a movie with some kick ass fight scenes, like the warehouse scene in BvS, which was fucking awesome and the best thing about that movie.

Throw in some detective stuff, maybe do a darker story like Hush or something, that would make a pretty cool Batman movie.

So Snyder?

This story made me laugh. It's just so sad.

Because a dude doesn't want to star, produce, write, AND direct a green screen super hero movie? It's not as bad as people think.

jtb

Banned
Wow, this is a mistake.

He's a better director than he is an actor.

Zero expectations for this film now.

The top name to replace Affleck in the director's chair right now is Matt Reeves, right? If he gets the gig, the film might still turn out to be pretty freaking kickass. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was fantastic and Reeves also has a background with horror films, which would be a great element to bring back to Batman.

Of course, there's still the issue of the film's script. Hope for Warner Bros' sake that they fix that up.

The top name to replace Affleck in the director's chair right now is Matt Reeves, right? If he gets the gig, the film might still turn out to be pretty freaking kickass. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was fantastic and Reeves also has a background with horror films, which would be a great element to bring back to Batman.

Of course, there's still the issue of the film's script. Hope for Warner Bros' sake that they fix that up.

Arguably Matt Reeves would be a better choice than Affleck (unless Affleck managed to channel Gone Baby Gone). I don't know how optimistic I am he'll do it, but we'll see.

http://www.newsarama.com/33004-fans-launch-petition-for-zack-snyder-to-direct-the-batman.html

giphy.gif

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Chris Terrio wrote Martha sequence. That's his quote
"That began to be really interesting to me — that their conflict is not just due to manipulation, but their very existence. In the end, there’s a common humanity which I think is discovered at a certain moment in the film."

DCEU is done for, it's dead, it died today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom