• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Michael Keaton in talks to play "Spider-Man: Homecoming" villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Michael Keaton could be returning to the superhero universe — but this time, as a villain.

Sources tell Variety that Keaton is in early talks to play a villain in the Marvel and Sony co-production “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” starring Tom Holland as the latest Spidey.

Marvel and Sony had no comment on the casting.

For Keaton, it also marks a switch from DC Comics to Marvel. The Oscar nominee famously played the Caped Crusader in Tim Burton’s “Batman” in 1989, skyrocketing his career.

Marisa Tomei is currently set to play Aunt May, and Zendaya is also on board in a mystery role. The villain Keaton is being eyed to play is also being kept under wraps.

Jon Watts is directing the film from a script by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein. Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal are producing the movie, which focuses on a teenage Peter Parker’s high school days.

Plot details are still being heavily guarded.
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/michael-keaton-spider-man-villain-homecoming-2-1201752759/

YOU WANNA GET NUTS? LET GET NUTS!

Sesha

After Birdman, I could see him playing Stormin' Norman. But he'd be an interesting pick for the Vulture.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Somewhere at Marvel right now:

wouldn't it be funny if Birdman played Vulture? lol
ya lol
do it lol
done lol

I could see him playing Norman Osborn. But he'd be an interesting pick for the Vulture.
Yup, he has that Osborn look IMO
663af81a3b17c19a443d70983edf4d1ca8bf5613.jpg
2078695-d1.jpg

After Birdman, I could see him playing Stormin' Norman. But he'd be an interesting pick for the Vulture.

If you want an actor that could match the insanity of Willem Dafoe, Michael Keaton is your go-to guy. But the Vulture does seem like a better fit.

He's a great actor, need more actors like him in these kind of movies

Usually actors are just themselves but in multiplicity it hardly seems that way

Michael Keaton as the Vulture would be great.

so the vulture.

eh. here's to hoping kingpin will be the villain in the sequel then

Only if it's Vincent D'Onofrio.

I'd love to see him standing still as Spider-Man swings around him, only to grab him and start beating the shit out of him.

Catvoca

Banned
Even though Keaton would make a fine Norman Osbourne, I really hope they don't re-do the Green Goblin story for the third time. Spider-Man has plenty of other villains.

I'd love for Norman Osborn to be featured in this film (he kind of has to be), but God I hope Green Goblin isn't the villain AGAIN right away. Norman's much more useful to the MCU as a bigger threat post-Thanos. He basically became Marvel's Lex Luthor in the 2000s for big events, so he fits as a big storyline villain to work against.

I'd love to see Kraven as the villain for this one, since it would fit the (hopefully) smaller scope of this film and he hasn't been done in film yet. Vulture or Doc Ock again would work. Norman can stick around as a supporting antagonist who may or may not be controlling things, before he goes full crazy Goblin. They also have to keep the symbiote villains for later use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom