• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegetables are disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of agree with OP. Not a big fan of most veggies.

NO leafy veggies ever. Puke on a plate cooked, crunchy grass fresh. I am a texture person, and I just don't like the texture of most veggies, especially cooked.

Peas, carrots, and string beans I like passively.

Zach

Relevant Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant/Restrictive_Food_Intake_Disorder

Anyway, I love broccoli. Asparagus is pretty good. Carrots and corn are, of course, tasty. I haven't been man enough to try Brussels sprouts. Maybe one day. When I'm elderly.

Well anyway, my suggestion is to learn how to cook your own vegetables. A little salt and pepper goes a long way in helping with the flavor. Maybe try baking if you want to avoid some of the "mushiness" you experienced. Good luck!

People like this are weird. There is a dude in our card group that won't eat mushrooms on a pizza. Like he stopped evolving at the age of 8 or something.
Mushrooms on pizza add absolutely nothing positive to the flavor of the pizza. Just slimy and overall shitty. Fuck mushrooms.

Just wanted to give a little update to this that I've been doing much better with vegetables. So, I guess much of it was the fact that I just didn't like broccoli or potatoes. Since, I've been eating a whole bunch of different things, and, while I wouldn't say I "like" them, I've at least been tolerating them.

Beyond the carrots and corn that I was doing before - lettuce, cabbage, spinach, cucumbers, peppers, radishes, and probably some various other things. Tried a black olive as well, and didn't like that, but otherwise I've been doing pretty good, relatively speaking.

So, hey, 30 years late, but, it's something I guess.
Do you like mashed potatoes? I recommend making that, from real potatoes of course rather than the flakes. I'm pretty good w most veggies, except celery. I can't stand the taste eating it alone. Juicing is very helpful too. Best way to get your veggies and adding some fruits too if you don't like eating veggies.

I'm Asian so I naturally can eat anything... Veggies, live animals, tendons, bugs, whatever... I even take my pills without water...

I think its really how you were raised... My mom used to sit next to me with a switch during dinner and would rap my hand with it whenever I didn't eat veggies... I thank her now that I can win Fear Factor
I'm pretty sure being Asian has nothing to do with eating anything naturally. Anyone, despite of race, can naturally eat anything. Some people are picky, some aren't, some don't bother trying new things.

Nabbis

This thread... Eat your damn vegetables. I swear, i would be surprised if the median LDL concentration was lower than 4mmol/l here.

terrisus

Do you like mashed potatoes?

Nope.
Even in the year and a few months since this thread started, I still don't like anything containing potatoes in any way :þ

I'm with you, terry.

CcJ2MeI.jpg

StMeph

I couldn't go through the whole thread to count, but even in the update you're still counting potatoes as a vegetable, which is insane. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom