• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Velocity (PS3/PSP/Vita) - This game is awesome, I'll tell you why

My vita card got here yesterday and first thing I did was Download and install the game...shouldn't have done that played for 2 hours lol went to bed so late and I had a job interview today :p oh well back to playing!

There's a slight crack on the screen, but that can't be seen from every angle. The photo lighting makes it look worse than it really is, it works fine. The glove thing is just something random, no deep meaning.

https://twitter.com/FuturLab/status/215527500036583428

James is out of codes, hopefully he got some exposure now with this good-will act. :eek:

Posting wip PSP wallpaper for new page:
kniWx.png
NW1aC.jpg

Carl

My vita card got here yesterday and first thing I did was Download and install the game...shouldn't have done that played for 2 hours lol went to bed so late and I had a job interview today :p oh well back to playing!

Good man! It really is that awesome :) Make sure you spread the word

DBT85

James, with the game proving to be a little popular is there a chance that we'll ever see a proper PSN release rather than just the mini? People want trophies!

recurv

Neo Member
James, with the game proving to be a little popular is there a chance that we'll ever see a proper PSN release rather than just the mini? People want trophies!

Hiya, we'd like nothing more than to develop a full PSN release. We've made our intentions known, but ultimately we're at the mercy of Velocity's sales on minis, and/or getting publisher support. Sony have noticed we've made a great game, but sales matter... We'll just have to see how it goes...

Carl

Favourite track? That HAS to be Velocity Search. All of them are brilliant, but i especially love that one.

Quarp Drive is really good as well :)

Carl

Hmmm... can't find on US Vita Store minis section. So I need to buy and transfer from PS3 ? -_-

Yep. SCEA is still lagging behind with this. It's completely compatible with Vita but doesn't show up on the Vita store in SCEA territories. You have to transfer.

Well worth the effort though. Hopefully SCEA sort it soon

wouwie

Finshed all zones and the story yesterday. I saved all civilians except the ones on the very last zone.

The game is a clever and fun blend of puzzle and shootem-up and the gameplay is fantastic. Add to this a very nice soundtrack and you've got a winner.

This easily gets a 9 out of 10 and a nomination for "surprise of the year".

Glad you enjoyed the game wouwie! And thanks James for uploading the templates, very handy! I don't know shit about the Vita, is each tab its own image? Like, Media & Web, Social, PSN, PSP games are all separate images that the user can customize himself?

recurv

Neo Member
Glad you enjoyed the game wouwie! And thanks James for uploading the templates, very handy! I don't know shit about the Vita, is each tab its own image? Like, Media & Web, Social, PSN, PSP games are all separate images that the user can customize himself?

The user can customise the home screen by:

1) Selecting the number of vertically scrolling screens they want to use (much like the iPhone)
2) They can put their app bubbles anywhere in any of the screens they have

People have therefore started creating wallpaper art that is labelled to make it feel tidier and more organised.

We took one of the templates linked from the PS Vita wallpaper thread, and altered some of the page names (eg. 'Media, Web and Settings' we've split into 'Media & Web', and then a separate one called 'Utils', for Settings and other miscellaneous tools like the Content Manager Assistant).

Hope that makes sense :)

J

The level design and just the mechanics of this game in general are absolutely top-notch. I've played through the first 45 stages or so and I'm now at a point where I need to go back to some earlier stages and pick up more XP to progress. I can see a crazy amount of replay value to be had with this setup since going after the gold in each stage really is a blast.

This is by far the best mini I've ever played and I've been a PS+ subscriber since the beginning of the program. Everyone with a PS3/PSP/Vita really should give this game a shot.

Corto

Ok. I finally opened the flight computer to discover an in-game calculator, a minesweeper mini game (a mini game inside a mini game it's what? A micro game? Hehehe) and 20 extra levels with some new rules that felt like vvvvvvvv... And then my head exploded. This game is excellent.

The game indeed keeps on giving and giving, don't forget to tell a friend! Updated the OP with my wallpapers, everyone is free to contribute and I'll make sure your work is featured, too.

wouwie

Ok. I finally opened the flight computer to discover an in-game calculator, a minesweeper mini game (a mini game inside a mini game it's what? A micro game? Hehehe) and 20 extra levels with some new rules that felt like vvvvvvvv... And then my head exploded. This game is excellent.

Didn't know that there are 20 extra zones available on top of the 50 zones? Are these all new zones similar to the main story or variations on those?

I haven't unlocked all the missions myself but most of them have deadly walls. In one mission you have to quickly teleport from one open square to another. Accidentally touch the wall and you're done.

XOMTOR

Glad I stumbled upon this thread, purchased Velocity last night and it's a blast. Loaded it on my GO and played the first 8 levels but I think I'll save it for when I'm out and about; the pick up and play style is perfect plus I've kinda grown tired of iOS gaming; it's mighty nice to get back to having controls again.

recurv

Neo Member
Hi all,

(apologies for cross-posting)

As you've probably guessed, we are using Velocity to lead the charge in raising the profile and perception of minis (there are some great indie games on there!), and we seem to be getting support in that goal, particularly from some folks here, and Gamasutra, as you've just seen :)

There's more... the results of this survey will be published on Gamasutra, and therefore may be acknowledged by the behemoth that is Sony...

Please take the time to fill it out (it'll take you less than a minute)

http://johnpolson.polldaddy.com/s/minis-consumer-survey

Thanks!

James @FuturLab

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Did the survey as well. Nice touch with the Vita wallpapers btw!

Twinduct

Hi all,

(apologies for cross-posting)

As you've probably guessed, we are using Velocity to lead the charge in raising the profile and perception of minis (there are some great indie games on there!), and we seem to be getting support in that goal, particularly from some folks here, and Gamasutra, as you've just seen :)

There's more... the results of this survey will be published on Gamasutra, and therefore may be acknowledged by the behemoth that is Sony...

Please take the time to fill it out (it'll take you less than a minute)

http://johnpolson.polldaddy.com/s/minis-consumer-survey

Thanks!

James @FuturLab

Filled in the survey =)
Sony really needs to rethink the whole mini approach. I'm hoping Mini's evolve into what the PS Suite is, mainly due to it not being limited to a PSP's awkward enforcements.

Hell two of the three platforms these games are released on has gyro-ish functions and a second stick.

Edit: btw posted this on Reddit, hope you don't mind.
http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/vqiy2/velocitymini_developer_asking_for_feedback/

I finally finished all zones! Fantastic game!

Every time I've played a zone (new or replay) an exclamation mark pops up on the art folder in the flight computer even though I can't see anything new there - am I missing something or is it a bug?

Nice game, I've been playing this a ton on my psp over the last week.. I downloaded it, didn't expect anything special but wow one helluva a game.. thanks again ps+

Indeed it is, as I finally just bought it (along with Where Is My Heart?)! Any other standout minis? Only one I own is Pix'n'Love Rush, which is a terrible port from the iOS version.

Drek

Got Velocity a while ago with PS+ but hadn't moved it over to the Vita until a few days ago.

This is one of the best DD games I've ever played, and one of the best portable games I've ever played.

I gotta say, I absolutely love this game. The music, gameplay and overall feel of it just get me coming back for more. Can we buy the ost somewhere? I want it that bad.

recurv

Neo Member
Hiya!

Thanks for all the love for Velocity.

We're working on the OST at the moment, and remixes will be included. Had a new remix sent through today which put a lump in the throat. Can't wait to let you folks get hold of it.

It's going to be a couple more months though...

Cheers,

James @FuturLab

Erasus

Just saw this thread, never heard anything about this before. Ill pick this up on ps3 for sure, so cheap :)

Only other mini I have is "Where is my heart"

Top Bottom