• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venom Movie Revived at Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

What the hell? Venom without Spider-Man and with Avi Arad? Jesus... it's like they learned nothing from that dumb Aunt May movie proposal...

Agent Venom is super lame and boring. Give me huge Venom with huge white spider stretching from his chest to back and fangs and tongue. Do Lethal Protector.

Separating this from Spider-Man canon seems like a mistake unless Venom in the Marvel collab movies will still exist. Then Sony Venom can be as edgy and r-rated as they want. Make him crack jokes too if you want. And don't listen to the James Gunn parroting diddly-heads, give me more r-rated superhero movies.

Metalmarc

image.jpg

So long as we dont get Venompool

kswiston

If they had to do an R rated Venom film, something based on Remenders Flash-Venom run could work. It would at least be different.

Eddie Brock Venom is 80s/90s cheese

Neoxon

So no Venom in the MCU?

It's not hard, Sony. Just let Marvel Studios do the hard work & watch the money flow in.

So barely start the new Spidey reboot and Sony already muddling things up with their Marvel IPs. Jeez, Sony doesn't seem to have a blasted clue how to handle things.

If they had to do an R rated Venom film, something based on Remenders Flash-Venom run could work. It would at least be different.

Eddie Brock Venom is 80s/90s cheese
They're jumping on the Deadpool 90s violent antihero trend so Lethal Protector Venom's insanity and protect the innocent and eat the brains of bad guys schtick might work with the right creators...

I don't think any of the comic book writers were ever successful with it though...

So Venom with no Spidey powers or are we really going to have two heroes with near identical powers in movie universes that don't co-exist? As someone who isn't a comic book reader and got to know Venom from the 90's Fox cartoon series, that's basically how I will always know Venom as and I think most people feel the same way. So it will be weird if he doesn't have the Spidey powers to differentiate him from Spider Man.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sony is desperate as fuck.

They have always been desperate.

So no Venom in the MCU?

It's not hard, Sony. Just let Marvel Studios do the hard work & watch the money flow in.

Agreed but nope Sony gotta chase after that Deadpool money not realising that;

-A; Venom doesn't work without Spider-Man
-B; Venom is nothing like Deadpool
-C; That having Venom being part of the MCU is a good thing.

So Venom with no Spidey powers or are we really going to have two heroes with near identical powers in movie universes that don't co-exist? As someone who isn't a comic book reader and got to know Venom from the 90's Fox cartoon series, that's basically how I will always know Venom as and I think most people feel the same way. So it will be weird if he doesn't have the Spidey powers to differentiate him from Spider Man.

Venom doesn't exactly have the same power has Spider-Man, for starter the symbiote allows the host to shape shift.

Jigorath

Banned
A Venom movie costs just as much as a Spider-Man movie but has half the mainstream appeal.

Waste of time and money.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Marvel looking at every bad guy to make a movie out of since DC is about to cash in with suicide squad?

Busty

Banned
Sony will just do their two contractual new Spider-Man films with Fiege producing (providing they are hits of course) and then they'll use projects like this to flesh out their own spidey centric film universe just like they originally planned with the Andrew Garfield films, you mark my words.

I mean..., it'll be a total and utter fucking disaster but this is Rothman and his way of doing business all over.

I have zero doubt this was his game plan all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom