• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venom Movie Revived at Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reset

Cool. Venom is probably the best Marvel villain/anti hero, so it's about time he finally get his own movie. :]

fucking christ

they could go for a spidey-lite flash thompson version and pull it off fairly well, but fuck, he isn't recognizably venom. They're going to bastardize eddie.

Dai101

Banned
I'm sure they're quivering in their gold plated boots.

2WWbesi.gif

Meanwhile at MAHVEL Studios

Mr-Joker

Banned
Marvel looking at every bad guy to make a movie out of since DC is about to cash in with suicide squad?

Nah Marvel actually knows what they are doing with their superheroes movies.

Cool. Venom is probably the best Marvel villain/anti hero, so it's about time he finally get his own movie. :]

You do realise that this will be a solo Sony Venom movie, who by they the way completely butchered in Spider-Man 3 and will not be using Spider-Man despite the fact you can not jump to Venom without doing the symbiote origin story which by the way requires Spider-Man who will not be in the movie at all?

It's gonna suck because Sony does not have a clue about the Spider-Man universe at all.

Stupid Venom movie aside... there's a American Sleepless Night remake?

I know a Bollywood remake came out in 2015, but didn't hear a thing about a Hollywood remake. Wonder how the one particular exciting moment in the film will fail to to appear in a Hollywood reamke.

GCQuinton

I was hoping we'd at least get a little bit of a Venom symbiote tease in Guardians Vol. 2 to lead into Spider-Man since it was coming out before it. Guess not.

Sony will just do their two contractual new Spider-Man films with Fiege producing (providing they are hits of course) and then they'll use projects like this to flesh out their own spidey centric film universe just like they originally planned with the Andrew Garfield films, you mark my words.

I mean..., it'll be a total and utter fucking disaster but this is Rothman and his way of doing business all over.

I have zero doubt this was his game plan all along.

I wouldn't doubt this one bit.

What's more, when Sony inevitably screw Marvel (fans), Disney will be in no position to pull the same shit they did to Fox on merchandising/comic books because Disney value Spider-man as much as they value Star Wars (literally).

Sesha

Isn't the guy that kept Deadpool from happening at Sony now? Seems like Avi Arad is in good company in the "fucking things up" department.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I wouldn't doubt this one bit.

What's more, when Sony inevitably screw Marvel (fans), Disney will be in no position to pull the same shit they did to Fox on merchandising/comic books because Disney value Spider-man as much as they value Star Wars (literally).

Disney doesn't need to worry as they know full well that Sony is incapable of making a good Spider-Man and will just get in the same shit they found themselves in with Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Plus with Disney getting 100% of the merchandising from Spider-Man, Sony is only getting profit from the box office so all it takes is for one Spider-Man movie to badly bomb for Sony to "go fuck this" and return the right back to Disney, assuming they don't decided to let the series go dormant for 6 years and do a reboot to keep the right for another 7 years.

Remember when they did a solo Catwoman movie that had nothing to do with Batman? This is an even worse idea. Venom is like, literally designed to look like an evil Spider-man. You morons.

And this crap is going to keep Venom and the symbiotes out of the MCU, isn't it? Get fucked, Sony.

Disney doesn't need to worry as they know full well that Sony is incapable of making a good Spider-Man and will just get in the same shit they found themselves in with Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Plus with Disney getting 100% of the merchandising from Spider-Man, Sony is only getting profit from the box office so all it takes is for one Spider-Man movie to badly bomb for Sony to "go fuck this" and return the right back to Disney, assuming they don't decided to let the series go dormant for 6 years and do a reboot to keep the right for another 7 years.

Sony has already made one good and one great Spider-Man film.

If Fox doesn't want to sell F4 after 3 bombas, do you honestly think Sony will ever sell Spider-man? If they didn't bite at Disney's $4B offer it's unlikely they'll ever sell (at least not in the next 10-15 years).

Mr-Joker

Banned
Remember when they did a solo Catwoman movie that had nothing to do with Batman? This is an even worse idea. Venom is like, literally designed to look like an evil Spider-man. You morons.

And this crap is going to keep Venom and the symbiotes out of the MCU, isn't it? Get fucked, Sony.

Yeah, while I am excited to see Spider-Man finally being in the MCU I keep forgetting that Sony still holds the license and well they haven't learnt a thing from Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Well that's just like your opinion, man.

Yc9N7Wp.jpg

I have only just started reading Spider-Woman and I am already liking her as she's miles better than Spider-Gwen but seeing that image just makes me like her even more.

Still though how come she can have a child but fucking Peter Parker had to have his child kidnapped and his marriage being undone, what the hell Marvel? >:O

Sony has already made one good and one great Spider-Man film.

Which one was that?

If Fox doesn't want to sell F4 after 3 bombas, do you honestly think Sony will ever sell Spider-man? If they didn't bite at Disney's $4B offer it's unlikely they'll ever sell (at least not in the next 10-15 years).

Because Sony is only makes money from the box office and is worse financial shape than Disney, so unless they are able to keeping making the movie a box offices success and judging by Amazing Spider-Man 2 numbers it doesn't seem like that they can.

cj_iwakura

This COULD work as their Deadpool.

Could.

Bring back Topher Grace somehow. He was the best thing about SM3. He was a great Eddie Brock.

Which one was that?

Because Sony is only makes money from the box office and is worse financial shape than Disney, so unless they are able to keeping making the movie a box offices success and judging by Amazing Spider-Man 2 numbers it doesn't seem like that they can.

Raimi 1 & 2 respectively.

Spider-man and Bond are SPE's two jewels in a large pond of steaming sewerage and the backlash against Bond is already starting. The only way SPE loses the rights is if they go bust or if the entire division is divested from the Sony group.

Merchandise is not particularly relevant to the conversation -- Fox makes fuck all from F4 merchandising.

VENOM IS MY FAVVVVVVV

My legit favorite comic character is getting a feature film. If it's rated R then I'll be more hyped than ever.

mreddie

Having Venom separate from the Spidey films makes no sense. Even if you suddenly introduce the symbiotes, the main audience would still get lost.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So, obviously, now the rest of the industry tries to grab a slice of the (supposed) Deadpool R-rated pie.

These studios are so pathetically predictable.

To think they'd risk burning bridges with Marvel, though... Oh, Sony.

So, obviously, now the rest of the industry tries to grab a slice of the (supposed) Deadpool R-rated pie.

These studios are so pathetically predictable.

To think they'd risk burning bridges with Marvel, though... Oh, Sony.

Audiences these days are very discerning when it comes to superhero flicks. At the end of the day Sony is only going to screw themselves when this bombs.

Vidiot

Will deliberately avoid seeing it out of spite. It's such an idiotic idea to do a separate universe Spiderman bad guy movie while running the main Spiderman series as part of the MCU. It really does feel like this is going to keep Venom out of the MCU. :/ I refuse to see any non MCU Sony shit anymore. Fuck you Sony.

If it's in the ASM universe, I'm so down.

I may have HATED ASM1 (2nd worst superhero movie I've ever seen), I was super excited about them building to a Sinister Six movie. So I'm happy for this!

If it's in the ASM universe, I'm so down.

I may have HATED ASM1 (2nd worst superhero movie I've ever seen), I was super excited about them building to a Sinister Six movie. So I'm happy for this!
What in blazes is the point of a Sinister Six movie without Spider-man?

EDIT: Like, I can't think of a single incarnation of the Sinister Six in any continuity that isn't defined by being opposed to Spider-man in some way.

Well I'm excited ! I think it has potential to be awesome if done right. Just hope that it's done right :p Like the Amazing Spiderman movies too though it seems like everyone else on this board hated them.

a916

This COULD work as their Deadpool.

Could.

Bring back Topher Grace somehow. He was the best thing about SM3. He was a great Eddie Brock.

There's so many things wrong with this though... Deadpool works as a standalone because he's SOO different but still fits in with the X-Men world.

Venom in a Spider-Man less movie sounds like Agent Venom... so the most boring iteration of Venom.

SPoiler alert folks. Carnage has and always will be garbage.

Except for redneck Carnage.

Lol no? Marvel has done a good job of building the MCU while mishandling (poor choice since they do it on purpose) of their villains and that hasn't detracted from the movies. He doesn't need anything crazy deep as far as story goes... he'd be a walking OMG THAT'S COOL!. I'd watch that a million times than watch whatever that garbage villain showdown vs Ronan was where the entire conflict hinges on rhythmic pelvic thrusting of Chris Pratt.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Tom Rothman + Avi Arad.
If I were a shareholder I'd be pissed off. The fact that these two are anywhere near any of your properties, it's a crime.

Apt101

Jack Black is Flynn Riker, bumbling low-level staffer in the CIA, unlucky in love and the butt of all the jokes by the field agents.... until he stumbles upon a certain alien symbiote suit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom